A few pics of my dvd/navi

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-05, 12:49 PM
Wald GS
O.C. Lucky Strike Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by YellowRace
Hi LexAristo,

I was looking at the N2 that you have and was planning to get it but have a few questions I hope you can help me answer.

1. Can I hook it up with my current 6-disc changer or will that be obsolete?
2. It says that it will download the map you input into memory so you can take out the map dvd and listen to music. So wouldn't it be inconvenient if you need to remap and need to change cds again ? Anyway to have two dvd players in there?
3. Would like to get that bypass switch you are talking about so DVD movie can be watched while in motion.
4. Since this is 1 din, does it come with that cover you have to blank out the other din ?
5. Is it possible to put the DVD higher and the Temperature controls below?

Thanks!
1.The cd changer will be obsolete so you can't use the factory changer.
2. Anytime u set a location u need the cd so it can save it to the virtual memory. Yes, it is inconvenient, but the great thing about this thing is that it is a 3 in one unit. It is inconvenient but you can get a cd changer and that will solve the problem. I could listen to mp3's using a mp3 disc but I use the ipod so that I can have the slot empty for the navi disc.
3. Bypass switch is a just a toggle switch that my installer used to trick the computer. It all depends on how good your installer is and what wires he is connecting to the switches. I won't be able to tell you because he cut alot of wires and connected alot.
4. No it does not come with a cover, I had to but the dash kit from tmengineering.
5. Not possible to put the dvd higher. It pretty much is based on the dash kit if you are able to put it where you want. I'm sure a custom dash kit would definitely work.

-bryan
Old 07-29-05, 12:51 PM
YellowRace
Driver

Originally Posted by LexAristo
1.The cd changer will be obsolete so you can't use the factory changer.
2. Anytime u set a location u need the cd so it can save it to the virtual memory. Yes, it is inconvenient, but the great thing about this thing is that it is a 3 in one unit. It is inconvenient but you can get a cd changer and that will solve the problem. I could listen to mp3's using a mp3 disc but I use the ipod so that I can have the slot empty for the navi disc.
3. Bypass switch is a just a toggle switch that my installer used to trick the computer. It all depends on how good your installer is and what wires he is connecting to the switches. I won't be able to tell you because he cut alot of wires and connected alot.
4. No it does not come with a cover, I had to but the dash kit from tmengineering.
5. Not possible to put the dvd higher. It pretty much is based on the dash kit if you are able to put it where you want. I'm sure a custom dash kit would definitely work.

-bryan

Nice. Thanks for the info Bryan. I'm itching to get it. Just not too fond of changing the DVD around. If I get another 1-din MP3 player, do you think it will work that way ?
Watch Navi and listen to MP3 at the same time.
Old 07-29-05, 03:33 PM
Wald GS
O.C. Lucky Strike Fanatic

Originally Posted by YellowRace
Nice. Thanks for the info Bryan. I'm itching to get it. Just not too fond of changing the DVD around. If I get another 1-din MP3 player, do you think it will work that way ?
Watch Navi and listen to MP3 at the same time.

I think it will work if you get a 1din mp3 player so u can use the screen for navi.
Old 08-01-05, 07:13 AM
YellowRace
Driver

Originally Posted by LexAristo
I think it will work if you get a 1din mp3 player so u can use the screen for navi.
Cool. Thanks again for the info.
Old 08-02-05, 09:50 AM
C to the O
Pole Position

Originally Posted by kts_GS3
That is nice, Bryan.
I wish I was rich like you.
shim shim.

Nice setup man!