1993 GS300 Body Kit??

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-05, 03:12 PM
shoaf213
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LexAristo
Your stuff will be sent tomorrow.

As far as the car, I could of gotten a 2nd gen but, if I did, the funds for aftermarket modification would have been very minor. Hence that, I opted for the 1st gen just because no one has the car.

1k is not big baller money for a kit. That is the expected price of a quality product made by a first hand company. There are many jdm kits and they are cost an arm and a leg, could you really get those? I did tons of research over my 3 years as a owner and there are only a handful of kits that are available. The wald is pretty much the only kit I can afford with my budget.

Now back to the knockoff kits, do you really want a kit that resembles ones that people in the 1st gen forums already have. Off the top of my head, I can name 3 people with the admiration kit, be it the admiration style or genuine admiration.

Uniqueness is the main thing I think of when it comes to a body kit. Like how Nyaristo has his veilside front with winn sides and rear.

The veilside kit, there are already 2 people with that kit. EIther way, I am not acting like any elitist or anything because I am not... Yes, I am the second owner of this, but at least I am modding the car the "right" way. As Lexus4jess and I have always stated, don't low ball your car with parts that don't represent what the car is.

It's up to you. I know you have had your kit sitting in your house for over 1 yr, it's either you put it on now, or stop complaining about what you want to do.

Modding is modding, some people put 1k rims on a Lexus and some people like Atsou, Rominl, put 6k rims on their. There reasoning, it's a Lexus not a honda.!

Anyways, I will not beat around the dead dog, too bad the OG member "Manaray" isn't active in posting. I'm sure he would understand what I am talking about.

If your a type of person that likes copies, styles, and knockoff's, get the fake kit. Knockoffs on a Lexus will never even cross my mind. Everyone here most likely purchased their 1st gens under 14k, with lexus4jess spending more for his since he told me. You could of purchased a civic and then have done whatever you want to it via knockoffs and I will support you greatly.
Dude, I don't think you really have a whole lot of room to be talkin with that ghetto CAI, unless you've upgraded! Matter of fact, that's a HONDA intake is it not? I think your car is hot, I'm not taking anything away from you, but a patched up intake, fake leather seats; it's not like your stuff is top of the line either! The way I see it, pay 4 times as much for the SAME thing or buy a knock off for a quarter of the price! Not much of a decision really. Especially since personally I think the cyber kit looks hotter than the wald kit anyway
Old 09-01-05, 07:16 PM
Eric-RPS13-
Lead Lap

Bryan, lets agree to disagree on some things k?

Last edited by Eric-GS300-; 09-01-05 at 07:40 PM. Reason: not appropriate or something?
Old 09-01-05, 07:35 PM
Wald GS
O.C. Lucky Strike Fanatic

Originally Posted by shoaf213
Dude, I don't think you really have a whole lot of room to be talkin with that ghetto CAI, unless you've upgraded! Matter of fact, that's a HONDA intake is it not? I think your car is hot, I'm not taking anything away from you, but a patched up intake, fake leather seats; it's not like your stuff is top of the line either! The way I see it, pay 4 times as much for the SAME thing or buy a knock off for a quarter of the price! Not much of a decision really. Especially since personally I think the cyber kit looks hotter than the wald kit anyway
Ghetto intake huh? Its the Injen intake made for the "1st gen GS" bub.. I custom fabricated the cold air pipe using a REAL intake that I cut. There is no cai for our cars and if there were, it would look exactly like the way I did mine. Fake leather seats? THey are from leatherseats.com and are similar, if not better than oem.. They are the same leather seats you would find in all luxury cars, but have extra leather in certain places where vinyl is compensated with. You like fake stuff bottom line, doesnt bother me.. Heck I bet you have knockoff oem lexus rims with the #7 intead of the (L).

Another thing, eric gs300 also has a cold air intake... Are you saying his intake is ghetto to? Make sure you back up your claims with valid reasoning...I have valid reasoning to back up all my claims.

Leatherseats.com is a Clublexus vendor, go ahead and tell them the seats are fake.. I think they look awesome as do all the CL members who ordered the seats from them

Last edited by Wald GS; 09-01-05 at 08:09 PM.
Old 09-01-05, 07:41 PM
Eric-RPS13-
Lead Lap

I to have a ghetto CAI
lol
a true ghetto CAI would be dryer hose, but that is also the original CAI, back in the day b4 carb legal.
Old 09-01-05, 07:41 PM
Wald GS

Originally Posted by Eric-GS300-
Bryan, lets agree to disagree on some things k?

Absolutely, talk to you on aim better.
Old 09-01-05, 07:47 PM
Eric-RPS13-
Lead Lap

Absolutely, talk to you on aim better.
you and I argue like brothers I swear, if it wasn't so ridiculous it would be funny
ah well live and learn

and I was never knocking bryan's ride bub, I like it, it's one of the only VIP 1st gens I can think of
ghetto doesn't look this clean
Old 09-02-05, 01:08 PM
shoaf213
Lead Lap

Ghetto intake huh? Its the Injen intake made for the "1st gen GS" bub.. I custom fabricated the cold air pipe using a REAL intake that I cut. There is no cai for our cars and if there were, it would look exactly like the way I did mine. Fake leather seats? THey are from leatherseats.com and are similar, if not better than oem.. They are the same leather seats you would find in all luxury cars, but have extra leather in certain places where vinyl is compensated with. You like fake stuff bottom line, doesnt bother me.. Heck I bet you have knockoff oem lexus rims with the #7 intead of the (L).

Another thing, eric gs300 also has a cold air intake... Are you saying his intake is ghetto to? Make sure you back up your claims with valid reasoning...I have valid reasoning to back up all my claims.

Leatherseats.com is a Clublexus vendor, go ahead and tell them the seats are fake.. I think they look awesome as do all the CL members who ordered the seats from them
Didn't I say that I wasn't taking anything away from you? and that your car is hot? I thought that's what I said? Just making sure!
Point is the Injen intake looks like crap, so does any deviation from the stock intake from what I've seen. I know what you did, that's how I know it's a HONDA intake, I KNOW it's the INJEN intake, I KNOW your seats are from leatherseats.com, and I know they're a vendor, but thanks for all the refreshers! if you want to think that the seats look as good as stock than that's great, but they're NOT "luxery" leather seats "BUB". I wasn't "flaming" you, but you were talking like you think there's a problem with knock off kits, I was just reminding you that your whole car isn't exactly top of the line!

All my claims are backed by "REASONING", if you're referring to analysis or interpretation...I believe those are valid synonyms, and YES, that's the way I see it.

Here's my "knock off" OEM Lexus rims
Attached Thumbnails 1993 GS300 Body Kit??-lex-1.jpg  
Old 09-02-05, 01:30 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,240 Likes on 1,359 Posts

Originally Posted by shoaf213
Didn't I say that I wasn't taking anything away from you? and that your car is hot? I thought that's what I said? Just making sure!
Yes you did, but all the other sentences in your post were quite negative and rude.

Shoaf, you may have not been around CL long enough to absorb the sense of community we try to foster , but the manner you've gone about stating your 'reasoning' is not welcome here.

Bryan's comments (his opinion) were not aimed at you, but your response immediately made it personal. There are ways to express your opinions without insulting other members even if you disagree with them.... this is the second time I've had to ask that of you.

By the way, I also have a set of those 'luxery' seats on the way for my GS too. I've seen these in person and they're every bit as nice as OEM IMO... a lot better than the seven year old alternative that's on the car right now. I personally don't care if somebody doesn't like them (including you) as long as I do. My opinion and my *** sitting on them, not yours.

Any response to this post please send me in PM, let's get this thread back on track.
Old 09-02-05, 02:23 PM
Pianoman72
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Whaa? Any leather seating surface is luxury. They don't make them 100% leather because they are made for cars. Would you leave a leather jacket sitting in your back window and expect it to look nice in a year?

I can't freaking wait to replace my leather - plus it's probably a "mod" that actually increases the value of the car - unlike rims or a CAI.
Old 09-02-05, 04:09 PM
seeya
Lead Lap

I hate in when I have to unsuscribe to my own posts , but I keep getting emails to check my tread for discussion on body kits and none of that is going on here.
Old 09-02-05, 07:26 PM
Wald GS

Originally Posted by seeya
I hate in when I have to unsuscribe to my own posts , but I keep getting emails to check my tread for discussion on body kits and none of that is going on here.

Sorry for the problems we have caused. Bottom line is, if you do a search under google, there are alot of kits for the 1st gen gs. Don't worry about my opinion, like Davegs4 stated earlier, it's just an opinion. If you see something you like, factor in the cost of making it fit since a lot of online kits do not fit perfectly. As long as you like what you are getting, it's all that matters.

www.erebuni.net offers a very nice kit that resembles the winn racing kit, but it still costs 800.00.

The real win racing kit is over 3500, and that is seriously alot of money.
Old 09-02-05, 08:02 PM
seeya
Lead Lap

Thanks.

I think I am going to mod the SC300 with rims tires and 97+ upgrades this month, do the body and rims on the GS next, and a na-t kit, exkaust, fmic, clutch, etc to the SC in late October early November.
Old 09-11-05, 07:59 PM
nyARISTO
Sunroof Surfer

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by MONSTER
I have this same kit, from VIS Racing. Like it alot, except the fact that there was no room to stick in the FMIC, so I had to leave 2JZ swap with side-mount IC.

whatsssssssssss theres mad room for a front mount!
Attached Images
File Type: bmp
aristo1.bmp (50.4 KB, 999 views)
Old 09-17-05, 10:49 PM
logroll1
Driver School Candidate

Default Front driver door Weather Stripping

Hey guys,
This is the closest forum I could find talking about the exteriors of the car. I own a 1994 GS300 and my front driver side door weatherstripping i.e the whole black frame is coming off my door. Do any of you guys know were I can pick one of these up, and if so is it easy to put on?
Thanks alot guys
Geno
Old 12-27-05, 04:59 PM
shoaf213
Lead Lap

OK, I stand corrected, I ordered a knock-off, cyber kit, and the body shop sent it back saying it was the worst kit they've ever seen. SO, here I sit with the STOCK kit painted and NO IDEA where to get a GOOD KIT that I like. Any suggestions.
I like the Cyber, or Admire STYLE, but can't find AUTHENTIC kits

Quick Reply: 1993 GS300 Body Kit??