GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

Blacked out housings and DDEs :) (thanks Justin)

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-08, 08:38 AM
Duds
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have an extra usdm driver's side headlight laying around if you want, just send me info for shipping.
Old 01-10-08, 12:20 PM
AACstyle
Former Vendor

I think we may have found someone local for this. If it falls through or he cant come into the shop soon I will let you guys know!
Old 01-10-08, 02:50 PM
joelgs3
Pole Position

MAN HE HAS ALL THE FUN WELL HERES HOW I MADE MINE LOOK
Old 01-11-08, 01:36 AM
Duds
Pole Position

I did the same with mine, pretty happy with them:

Old 01-11-08, 05:11 AM
Lexinton
Driver

Count me in on a pair of those Halo's as well if the price is around the $100 range. I still have a few inquiries:

1. would be shipping to Canada?
2. would there be any real difference between installation of USDM headlights and Aristo?
3. If my car is equipped with Daytime Running Lights (DRL's), would I be able to wire it such that it would work in conjunction with that? I currently have a plug-and-play HID Kit, and I just turn on and off the lights instead of leaving it at the AUTO setting when ready so I don't know if these Halo's would run independent of that (i.e. when the vehicle starts up, the Halo's start) or if I would turn them on with my HID's.
Old 01-11-08, 08:08 AM
vtec-this
Lead Lap

x3,.....But iam still wondering how u smoothed out the headlight lens.

Old 01-11-08, 08:36 AM
AACstyle
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Lexinton
Count me in on a pair of those Halo's as well if the price is around the $100 range. I still have a few inquiries:

1. would be shipping to Canada?
2. would there be any real difference between installation of USDM headlights and Aristo?
3. If my car is equipped with Daytime Running Lights (DRL's), would I be able to wire it such that it would work in conjunction with that? I currently have a plug-and-play HID Kit, and I just turn on and off the lights instead of leaving it at the AUTO setting when ready so I don't know if these Halo's would run independent of that (i.e. when the vehicle starts up, the Halo's start) or if I would turn them on with my HID's.
1) Yes, we ship to Canada via USPS Priority International. That seems to be the fastest and does not overcharge for duty like UPS.

2) It looks like the diameter of the rings will be the same for both. So yes, one halo kit will fit both lights.

3) These are easiest to tap to your parking lights so you can turn them on and off from the factory headlight switch. The parking light position is just after the off position.
Old 01-11-08, 11:44 PM
Lexinton
Driver

All this sounds great! Do you have an expected timeline for when the prototype should be completed?

Also, I have attempted to "bake" my headlights previously, and let's just say it didn't go to well (Hence why I have aristo headlamps!). Once you have created the halo's would I be able to ship you my headlights, and you install them for me? Do you have a general idea of the cost for that?
Old 01-12-08, 09:48 AM
yusef
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Lexinton
Also, I have attempted to "bake" my headlights previously, and let's just say it didn't go to well (Hence why I have aristo headlamps!). Once you have created the halo's would I be able to ship you my headlights
hahhaha lexinton i know what you mean man. i did the EXACT same thing. i completely ruined my gs ones, so i bought aristo ones. but damn i cant wait for this to become available, cant wait to send mine in
Old 01-12-08, 12:16 PM
AACstyle
Former Vendor

Ok, I have not heard back from the local customer about this so whoever can get a light out to us Monday morning gets the free "prototype" kit
Old 01-12-08, 01:31 PM
novak82
Rookie

Originally Posted by AACstyle
Ok, I have not heard back from the local customer about this so whoever can get a light out to us Monday morning gets the free "prototype" kit
ok justin i havent forgot about u im trying to line up a ride to work while u guys have my headlights...and ummm wats this about a free prototype kit ?
Old 01-13-08, 05:03 AM
Raph TT
Pole Position

how much? im in.. i wanna know when production starts, i could send you mine,but im in germany so shippping will take a while.
Old 01-13-08, 02:39 PM
AACstyle
Former Vendor

Ok, we have a set on the way
Old 01-16-08, 10:12 AM
AACstyle
Former Vendor

Also, if anyone wants to see a video on how to paint your headlights and install the halos:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=328348

For us to do the above process (Halo Installation and Paint) you are looking at $245 paint and labor and comes with a Lifetime Warranty, "Plug and Play"
Old 01-16-08, 11:13 AM
Lexatlast
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by AACstyle
Also, if anyone wants to see a video on how to paint your headlights and install the halos:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=328348

For us to do the above process (Halo Installation and Paint) you are looking at $245 paint and labor and comes with a Lifetime Warranty, "Plug and Play"
i'm down for $245 installed w/paint.
are the kits done already?

Quick Reply: Blacked out housings and DDEs :) (thanks Justin)