GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

Blacked out housings and DDEs :) (thanks Justin)

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-08, 02:49 PM
blklegend
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Are there pics of kit and whats included? Such as wiring, switch, instructions, etc... What's the warranty?
Old 01-26-08, 04:06 AM
Frek08
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just wondering if you guys can do the same for my GS but I just want my lenses clear (without the lines) and the hid/ halo hook up
Old 01-26-08, 08:50 AM
Lexinton
Driver

Wink Now THAT'S what I'm talkin about!!

Your kidding me, right?!?! Justin you guys at AACstyle have really outdone yourself. I was a little bit skeptical on how good they would look in a GS setting since the headlights aren't really condusive to a "halo" setup, but WOW!!

Put me down as the first to sign up!! I am in 100%. Same as the test sample, I will be shipping from Canada, but assume that's no big issue since we've already addressed that.

I have a few questions to add to those already posted since your pics -

1. The intro price of $119... could you please explain what this package includes (i.e. halos/painting?/installation instructions/delining of headlights, etc.).

2. If it is possible to get some of these extra services aforemetioned, would you be able to create a price listing within this very same thread before it is finalized so that way myself and other can figure out what else (if anything) we would like your company to do for our headlights on an individual basis.

3. What is the turnaround time that we are looking at once your company receives the headlights?

4. Regarding installation - in an earlier post you stated that they can be tapped into our parking lights so they can be run whenever we choose to switch them on. Does your installation kit expain how to do so? (Sort of prefer an idiot proof way of making sure I get them to work and not fry them as soon as I get them!)

Sorry about all the questions - But regardless - I'm still in! Debating the painting and delining/wetsanding....Whatever! Make sure you put me down!!

Once again, job well done!
Old 01-26-08, 10:20 AM
recon
Driver School Candidate

hey I just signed on as a new member I've been reading threads for a while and i'm convinced that this is the site for me, brought my 1st gen. on 10-07 those halos are off da chain and a must have. I guess that makes me #12 or #15 of the list for buyers i'm sold on it. I also would like my lenses clear without the lines and the HID/Halo hook up if at all possible. For that look i'm willing to drop some serious $. Let me know when and where to ship to
Old 01-27-08, 01:26 PM
Lexatlast
Lexus Test Driver

I'm completely in. I would like the works; painting, halos, and de-lining. I did look through this post though and i don't see where they said they could do that (de-lining)...

Lexinton said it all, once we know turnaround time as well as what the 119 price entails, you should have no problem AAC getting at least 10
Old 01-27-08, 03:37 PM
AACstyle
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by blklegend
Are there pics of kit and whats included? Such as wiring, switch, instructions, etc... What's the warranty?
I can snap some pics of everything on Monday. All ORACLE products have a Lifetime Warranty.
Old 01-27-08, 03:41 PM
l Black l
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't forget about me. I have to be added to this list.

Now I just have to figure out how I'm going to pull this off. This is my daily driver, so I need to find a spare set of lights to send to you. Dang.
Old 01-27-08, 03:49 PM
AACstyle
Former Vendor

1. The intro price of $119... could you please explain what this package includes (i.e. halos/painting?/installation instructions/delining of headlights, etc.).
This kit includes 4 CCFL Halo Rings, 2 new V2 CCFL inverters, and the wiring/ connectors you will need for plug and play wiring. You will also have written instructions as well as the Lexus Halo installation video. Here is a link to the ebay auction for our 2GS kit to give you a better idea: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=130191544771

2. If it is possible to get some of these extra services aforemetioned, would you be able to create a price listing within this very same thread before it is finalized so that way myself and other can figure out what else (if anything) we would like your company to do for our headlights on an individual basis.
Yes, the process of de-lining is a very time consuming process and unfortunately the fabricators we have working here make a decent hourly wage which translates to a higher cost. When I get in Monday I will talk to the guys and see what it would take.

3. What is the turnaround time that we are looking at once your company receives the headlights?
Halo installations are always guaranteed 2-3 days turnaround time.

4. Regarding installation - in an earlier post you stated that they can be tapped into our parking lights so they can be run whenever we choose to switch them on. Does your installation kit expain how to do so? (Sort of prefer an idiot proof way of making sure I get them to work and not fry them as soon as I get them!)
Yes, it will clearly illustrate the proper way to get the 12v power from the parking lights.
Old 01-28-08, 06:02 AM
Lexinton
Driver

Thanks for answering all these inquires that everyone (especially myself) has posted here Justin. You may have to up that list of 10 people for that introductory pricing since it seems as though there is so much interest! Staying true to form..here are a few more questions...

In regards to the delining of the headlights - in your opinion does it make that much of a significant difference in regards to the visibility of the halos/hid's? I think that's a big factor for me, since I figure it would look better, but don't necessarily care to do it unless it's that significant of a change. When you take those pics, would you be able to take some with the headlight completely assembled (and from varying distances) so that it would illustrate the visibility?

Also, didn't see any cost associated with the painting of the headlights. I went back a few posts and noticed that you had a cost of $245 for halos and paint job. Does that still apply or is there a different pricing? Also was going to request to clear out my headlight (take out the yellow piece from the indicator) since you will already have the headlight disassembled. I assume there isn't much of a surcharge for that as well? I guess this is where a price listing of any other add-ons from the $119 for the kit would help if available.

Finally, I followed the link you posted to the ebay page of the Gen-2 GS, and noticed that you offer 6000K and 8000K kits. Would that option be available to our vehicle as well?

Whenever your company is ready to accept orders, please let everyone know - oh as well as payment options, and which way is best to get the funds to your company - thanks again!
Old 01-28-08, 08:28 AM
Lexatlast
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by AACstyle
Yes, these are pretty much ready for sale. Like I said before we can do $119 each if we can get 10 pre-orders.

1) Lexinton
2) Lexatlast
3) l Black l
4) recon
5) Frek08 ?
6) Karin'sGS3
7) stevesinn
8) AirforceGS
9) yusef
10) RalphTT
11) blcklegend
12) duds

pre-order time right? lol
Old 01-28-08, 08:29 AM
Lexatlast
Lexus Test Driver

(just a quick thred jack)

btw, l Black l,

you've gotta stop copyin me hahaha

once you and i are done with this modding stuff we should def try to meet up and see how fricken similar the cars are lol.
Old 01-28-08, 02:30 PM
AACstyle
Former Vendor

Yusef, got your fogs in today. I was playing with them to see what I can do since they are such an odd shape. I decided a round ring the same diameter as the headlight would compliment it well:

Guys, I am short one installer today so I am personally picking up some slack here which I am not used to, lol. I will answer ALL questions as soon as I get one free second.
Old 01-28-08, 02:31 PM
AACstyle
Former Vendor

Oh yeah that is blue^

Its crazy I know, just picture it as white. The final version will be white.
Old 01-28-08, 02:45 PM
blklegend
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Is there a glass or plastic piece that will surround the CCFL light?
Old 01-28-08, 03:06 PM
joelgs3
Pole Position

Originally Posted by AACstyle
I can snap some pics of everything on Monday. All ORACLE products have a Lifetime Warranty.
wut if we only want de-lining , a retro and paint?? i like the halos but i just want something simple

Quick Reply: Blacked out housings and DDEs :) (thanks Justin)