GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

More problems in new 95 GS300!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-05, 01:46 AM
Xeeeeeem
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy More problems in new 95 GS300!!!!

Today was the first day i had the car and noticed a few probs with it. If you know the solution, let me know!!!

Back right door lock doesnt work. The power locks and remote don't open that door.

Cup holder comes out of the slot in the arm rest.

The cd player starts crackaling and skipping and eventually stops playing or skips song to song. CD's are good but i just don't get why it does that. Also, is it easy to put the disc changer inside the car?
Old 10-30-05, 04:51 PM
biglex
Driver School Candidate

Default solution

you need to to have a technician check out the wires to that door ,because the remote should lock and open all doors. and the cup holder that's every one of us problem. there are two hooks that keeps the cupholder from extracting all the way out ,those are broken , i used a fishing line to custom mine .tired of buying cupholders.
Old 10-30-05, 04:55 PM
mkiiisupra
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

CD player could be alot of things. Just something to think about though are shaving from the edge of cd's falling off into the player. If you read the owners manual, it says before you ever put in a new cd, run a pen or pencil around the edge of the cd because when it spins in the payer, shaving from the edge can fall down in it and make it do abnormal things. Goodluck.
Old 10-30-05, 07:00 PM
callaghan.
Rookie

my cd changer did the same thing....check your trunk for leaks. my trunk has a leak that i still cant find yet, and it flooded the cd changer ****in it all up haha. so tear some **** out and check it.
Old 10-31-05, 11:55 AM
turbogs300
Lead Lap

Wink

Rear right door actuator is shot, Search for how to fix the cupholder. CD palyer may need cleaning or the laser or spindle is going out.
Old 10-31-05, 01:58 PM
SoCalSC4
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

All in all, those aren't major problems in a ten-year old car. Fairly common in the first-gen GS.

My brother's car had the cupholder problem (it was fine before we took it to a shop for a four-wheel alignment - funny how that happens). I managed to JB Weld the cracked retaining tab back together. One of the retaining tabs was missing, cracked off. I formed a new one out of the business-end of a Zip-tie and I JB Welded it in place. Cupholder works great now, even better than new! This fix just requires a little time and problem solving - or a new part from the dealer (I'm not sure it's available).

CD changer: like the others said, this could be a moisture issue. Check the trunk gasket/seal. Is there water in the spare tire well? This would indicate a leak someplace. Ten years is about the life expectancy of changers, anyway. You might be able to find a decent used one in the classifieds section or on eBay. I would temporarily take it out of the trunk and let it dry out if there is any indication of moisture. A local stereo repair shop might be able to fix it.

Right door lock: probably the actuator has quit or become somewhat unplugged. I would remove the door panel and inspect the connection. If the connection looks okay, a replacement actuator shouldn't be too expensive. Or you could just leave that door locked - how often do you carry people in the back seat?
Old 10-31-05, 02:19 PM
Xeeeeeem
Lead Lap

Thanks for the advice,
Has anyone ever put their cd changer inside the car? Because its really annoying having it in the trunk.

Anyone know the specs on the stock head unit (the deck), the subwoofer and speakers wattage. Also the specs on the amp. BTW is the sub running off a separate amp as the speaker one?
Old 10-31-05, 04:51 PM
turbogs300
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Xeeeeeem
Thanks for the advice,
BTW is the sub running off a separate amp as the speaker one?
No! same amp
Old 11-01-05, 09:58 AM
Xeeeeeem
Lead Lap

I NEED THE SPECS!!! for the whole audio system!!!!!! DOes anyone know?!?

OR moving the trunk changer inside the car?
Old 11-01-05, 10:11 AM
turbogs300
Lead Lap

Wink

^^^^^^ WHY???? It's only about 25 watts per channel. As far as the changer, you can put it anywhere you want. You'll have to lengthen the cable for the changer.
Old 11-01-05, 10:22 AM
Xeeeeeem
Lead Lap

BEcause i want to put a new amp in my car and i want to make sure i have enough power or what not
Old 11-01-05, 11:14 AM
turbogs300
Lead Lap

Cool

Originally Posted by Xeeeeeem
BEcause i want to put a new amp in my car and i want to make sure i have enough power or what not
Ok, you need to do alittle research on wattage and amplifiers. It's not wattage that blows speakers. it's distortion. So you could put any wattage amp in the car and as long as there was no distortion, it really won't matter, nor will it blow the speakers.