GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

Burned cd's are skipping & crackeling...why???

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-05, 01:11 PM
Abear
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your sub makes your CD changer skip?! I never had that problem, maybe I dont have enough bass Either way, I have also never had a problem with burned cds in the stock changer. Guess I just got lucky, although I do drive a 96' and it seems all the cars mentioned on this thread are pre-96. I use my 32x cd burner and I use phillip CD-R 52x cds.
Old 11-08-05, 09:03 PM
Xeeeeeem
Lead Lap

I tried burning a cd at 4x today and it did the same exact thing. I'm using the cds that are blank on both sides...the ones that you can't tell which side is the actual data side and which is the cover....its no use

I'll go buy a dif brand of burnable cds tommorow and see if that works, if not then i'm screwed!
Old 11-10-05, 08:04 PM
Aristo94
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Abear
Your sub makes your CD changer skip?! I never had that problem, maybe I dont have enough bass
yea my 2 twelves hit dam hard!!!
Old 11-15-05, 10:23 PM
Xeeeeeem
Lead Lap

OK, so i decided to get a new cd changer. Anyone got any recommendations for under 130$??? I don't really care what features it has, as long as it changes cds quick, plays burned cds and works off my stock head unit.

Also, the adapter you guys were talking about, what is the model number for it and how much will it cost me. Anyone know pioneerubuy's email address or having a way of contacting him?

Thanks ANY input would be greatly appreciated
Old 11-17-05, 12:45 PM
Xeeeeeem
Lead Lap

Anyone got any info!!?? PLease?!
Old 11-17-05, 03:12 PM
turbogs300
Lead Lap

Cool

The only thing you'll get at that price will be a cheap FM modulated changer
Old 11-17-05, 05:39 PM
Xeeeeeem
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by turbogs300
The only thing you'll get at that price will be a cheap FM modulated changer
K, so how much do i gotta pay for a cd changer that will play off my HU?
Old 11-17-05, 08:08 PM
turbogs300
Lead Lap

Cool

Nobody makes anyway to adapt anything to the stock deck, other than a new or used Lexus changer. Pioneersuby, I believe had an adapter or made one for the pioneer changers. If you can't search him out and fin his email on LOC than your only other option is to go FM modulated or Replace the deck and buy a changer from whoever makes the deck you bought. An adapter wouldn't be hard to make if one had the pinouts for the changer they wanted and it matched up to the OEM decks compatibilituy.
Old 11-17-05, 08:32 PM
Xeeeeeem
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by turbogs300
Pioneersuby, I believe had an adapter or made one for the pioneer changers. If you can't search him out and fin his email on LOC than your only other option is to go FM modulated or Replace the deck and buy a changer from whoever makes the deck you bought. .
I have the stock lexus HU, so idk, what are my options besides a fm modulated changer. HOw much for a stock lexus changer??
Old 11-17-05, 09:31 PM
turbogs300
Lead Lap

Cool

Originally Posted by Xeeeeeem
I have the stock lexus HU, so idk, what are my options besides a fm modulated changer. HOw much for a stock lexus changer??
Unless you can find an adapter yo have no options other than replacing the deck with an aftermarket or replacing the changer. I'd try a good brand(pioneer, kenwood) FM modulated that plays mp3's the sound should be fine only thing is you'll have to have a seperate controller/display for the changer. Check EBay for used lexus changers. Remember buying used you get no warranty and it may last or not.
Old 11-17-05, 10:00 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That happened to me a few months ago. I've been listening to all kinds of CDs for the past 5 years, both original and burned CDs. A few months ago, I notice that some CDs would have a slight scratching noise. Eventually the noise got louder. I thought it's because of the burned CDs, because the originals seemed fine.

And then the originals started to have the noise and started skipping as well. it got to the point where some CDs wouldn't even play, and my NAV screen just shows CD ERROR.

I got a CD changer from a fellow CL member and did the swap myself (i have close to zero electrical experience). It's just some screws to remove the glove box and a few more to get the CD changer out. It's just 1 harness, since the new CD changer came out of a 98 GS (I have a 2000 GS300)

So after the swap, THE PROBLEMS WERE GONE. All CDs play fine, loads up faster, and has no errors whatsoever. So I think getting a new CD changer is the way to go.

A new one from Lexus will cost well over 300 bucks. You should be able to find one on CL, or try eBay. I saw some from eBay before.

hoep this helps.
Old 11-18-05, 11:30 AM
Xeeeeeem
Lead Lap

Thanks for the advice globeCLK, thats some good advice. I think i'm ganna look into buying a lexus pioneer changer for the best price i can.

Anyone selling a 93-97 pioneer lexus 12 disc changer?? Let me know

For all of you that are sick of having your changer in the trunk and have done somethign about it....let me know!!! I want to put my changer inside the car, but i don't know where to put it....let me know if you have some suggestions
Old 07-10-08, 07:00 PM
lincoln
Driver School Candidate

Default update?

i was wondering if anyone has any new info on this cd changer issue? any aftermarket cd changers for 1st gen gs come on to the market?
Old 07-10-08, 08:23 PM
Diemellz
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

i had that same prob, when i had my stock changer, soon as my cds starting cracking/ERR, off the rip, its time for aftermarket... our cars are 2 old to be fixing stock...upgrade to an player that plays everything, n invest in an ipod....im not sure when i last used an CD, i have 12 of my fav CDs stuck in my changer, oh well, just my 2 cents
Old 07-11-08, 07:58 AM
Krammy-toe
Rookie

just noticed this as well over the past few days, but i've seen the ERR with regular cd's but burned cd's no problem. seems to be random. the other day the same cd's that would show ERR would play. i'm just dealing with it until i swap out for aftermarket. no biggie.

Quick Reply: Burned cd's are skipping & crackeling...why???