GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

Noob

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-06, 02:42 PM
link13
Lead Lap

Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts

Uh....wow! Nice ride, man. That is easlily among the best on this board. Congrats and welcome!
Old 01-03-06, 10:00 AM
DBaristo
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by shoaf213
that's what? 20,000 dollars or so? What year did you say, mileage? and what the heck is PS?

About 18-19000 dollars and PS means postscript ie an afterthought that I put in when I editted the post after reading it.

And the point I was making is that this is a JDM car and as such is right hand drive not the left hand drive you use in the states. Not so much of an issue in an automatic car but a pain in the knuckles on your right hand everytime you reach for a change and find the door card
Old 01-03-06, 10:12 AM
Epik
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL.. my business partner did that (kept punching the door) the first time he drove a manual tranny Skyline..

DB did you get my PM about the plug on your engine? Need some help here...
Old 01-03-06, 01:17 PM
DBaristo
Driver

Originally Posted by Epik
LOL.. my business partner did that (kept punching the door) the first time he drove a manual tranny Skyline..

DB did you get my PM about the plug on your engine? Need some help here...
I know I've done it many times in left hand drive German cars and its just not funny.

Yes I got your PM I'll be delighted to help as and when you furnish me with more precise directions so I can help. Be very specific as mucho stupido person here
Old 01-03-06, 01:53 PM
Epik
Lexus Champion

i replied back to your PM.. thanks again for looking.
Old 03-11-06, 11:09 AM
DBaristo
Driver

Quick walkround video of the motor.

OK its not as loud as the N/A 2JZ-GE engine is but remember my cats are still in so theres potential for a bit more noise

video link

Last edited by DBaristo; 03-12-06 at 12:11 PM.
Old 03-13-06, 02:58 PM
7Cain
Driver

Default Nice!!!

Yeah, that is nice, real nice! I have a lot of work to do. I can't wait till mine looks even anywhere close to what you have there. It will be some time
Old 03-13-06, 05:01 PM
Caius
Pole Position

great video, sounds sexy as hell.
Old 01-26-07, 04:44 AM
DBaristo
Driver

Wow been a while since I was in here. Quick hi again guys I went back to the supra world for a while but just didn't get on with the dismal build quality on the mk3 and the riculous slowness of the mk4 NA so here I am back again in an aristo. This one is a bit special. Its THE do-luck demo car from Japan. http://www.do-luck.com/to_arist_147.html
On top of its cosmetic mods its running a T61 turbo which when I get them aem in and tuned should be good for circa 600 hosses

Haven't had time to clean it yet so I haven't taken any photo's of my own but heres some from the dealership Japside.

Hope you guys likey

Oh reason I popped in is I need a new key with the remote locking buttons in it as I can't seem to find one in the UK and have seen some on ebay US. Do any of you guys know if the GS key works on the aristo?
Old 01-26-07, 08:21 AM
pitchblaq
Rookie

Default Good Jesus!!!!!!!!

Just when I thought i seened it all.
Top rated for sure!!!!!
Old 01-26-07, 09:08 AM
El Captain
Lead Lap

Holy shiz these two cars are both hot! I love them both!
Old 01-26-07, 01:14 PM
Epik
Lexus Champion

Welcome back DB. Is that car Midnight Purple in color? Hotness.. 6 spd also i would guess?
Old 01-26-07, 01:17 PM
Epik
Lexus Champion

in re: to your question.. i have an Aristo key, i was planning on swapping my Lexus key shell for the Toyota ones.. you can only remove half of the shell, to change the battery. The other half is mated to the key and the electronics for the remote. You'll have to go thru a dealer as you say it, japside.. with your VIN or other #s.
Old 01-26-07, 06:00 PM
DBaristo
Driver

Ah *****e. I was hoping you weren't gonna say that about the key. It'll be less hassle to fit a full closure security system my end than find someone in japan to send me a key, never mind.

This one is actually an auto, the mrs couldn't deal with the manual box which is why my first motor went by the wayside and got sold. The next one I bought from auction was very tatty so I flogged that at the docks in the UK. This one seemed too good to be true but so far is proving me wrong. Its a stunner to drive despite lack of traction control and icy roads (its very handleable when the wheels lose grip). It seems to be set up as a track racer, as every single anti roll bar has been replaced with scaffolding pole sized jobs, and there is a huge shiny scaffolding pole across the rear of the front seats shaped around the tranny tunnel.
I am so looking forwards to the summer to really release the beast and get it tuned up right. I had a visit today from a magazine rep that saw my car parked outside and he wants to feature it in his magazine and stick it on their stand at a show in a couple of weeks so yup I guess in the flesh its a stunner
Yes its a midnight purple, that looks blackish at night and much lighter in the day. Hopefully it'll stay raining into the mid morning tomorrow so I can wash the car as at the mo no rain means sodding ice.
Old 01-26-07, 06:17 PM
twojayzee
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

[QUOTE=DBaristo;2381008]...It seems to be set up as a track racer, as every single anti roll bar has been replaced with scaffolding pole sized jobs...QUOTE]

What brand of anti roll bars does it have ? Got pix ?

Quick Reply: Noob