GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

Noob

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-07, 06:33 PM
DBaristo
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure what the ones underneath are but judging the fact that this is the do-luck demo car and the fact that do-luck sell a very similar bling centre stiffener bar I am gonna go wild and hazard a guess that this bar is exactly that bar. There is a sticker on the rear windows with EXB on it relating to the anti roll bars so maybe its something related?? I can get a photo of the centre bar for sure, but the ones underneath will have to wait til I get the car on ramps.
Old 01-26-07, 06:42 PM
twojayzee
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DBaristo
Not sure what the ones underneath are but judging the fact that this is the do-luck demo car and the fact that do-luck sell a very similar bling centre stiffener bar I am gonna go wild and hazard a guess that this bar is exactly that bar. There is a sticker on the rear windows with EXB on it relating to the anti roll bars so maybe its something related?? I can get a photo of the centre bar for sure, but the ones underneath will have to wait til I get the car on ramps.
I know that do-luck makes the center bar. And Im pretty sure they dont make sway bars anymore, well not imported to the usa anyway.
The ones underneath are the ones im intrested in anyway.
Old 01-26-07, 07:09 PM
gs300pnp

Default interesting color

like... dark eggplant paint?

looks like its one of those chameleon paint jobs.

the kit is nice but its too busy IMO.
Old 01-27-07, 10:13 AM
DBaristo
Driver

Originally Posted by EG8
I know that do-luck makes the center bar. And Im pretty sure they dont make sway bars anymore, well not imported to the usa anyway.
The ones underneath are the ones im intrested in anyway.

Sorry my **** up the window stickers say RXB equiped not EXB. Like I say it'll be a few weeks before I can get under the car myself to take a picture of that part of the car. But when I get it on ramps I will get a picture or two. (I need to get it on ramps as the car has no underseal and the roads here are covered in salt this time of year)

Originally Posted by gs300pnp
like... dark eggplant paint?

looks like its one of those chameleon paint jobs.

the kit is nice but its too busy IMO.
Um not as dark as eggplant no but in that genre yes. It doesn't have a flip in it either just a straight mettalic colour (that is going to be hard enough to colour match for scratch fixing )
What does busy mean btw?
Old 01-27-07, 11:46 AM
Epik
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

RXB= Rear Cross (x) Bar. Yes it is Do-Luck, as are the floor support bars that run longitudinal under the length of the frame. Carbing also makes them.

I'm curious if the car has another other braces under it than these... like on the front or rear subframe.

The color is Nisaan GTR Midnight Purple.. seen it in person on a 96 GTR Vspec I had here for a while.. looks almost black at night and glistens in the sunlight. Awesome..
Old 01-27-07, 07:12 PM
nyARISTO
Sunroof Surfer

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Welcome back ..... was wondering where you went off too
Old 01-28-07, 04:42 AM
DBaristo
Driver

Originally Posted by nyARISTO
Welcome back ..... was wondering where you went off too
Yeah I was rather gutted when I was forced to sell the manual kazz sports arito I had. Even more so when I had to replace it with a motorised blamange (range rover on air, officially the worst handling road going vehicle in the world). Its taken me a long time to find the cash and the right car to come back with
Old 01-29-07, 07:44 AM
twojayzee
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by DBaristo
Sorry my **** up the window stickers...
^I have no idea what that means.^
But we'll just wait to hear from you
Old 01-29-07, 08:43 AM
DBaristo
Driver

Theres always one
Old 01-29-07, 05:46 PM
gs300pnp

What does busy mean btw?[/QUOTE]

Your's is the deep green one and the nice kit... that has clean lines.

I was commenting on the do-luck kit a few threads up. compared to yours the do-luck body kit has too many lines. look at the do-luck and compare it with yours, the do-luck front bumper has many different lines thus.."busy" Its a nice kit but when i look at it my eyes wander all over the place.

Other's not to busy and with clean lines... JP body kit the lines are very clean. Vielside body kit flows, Job design and Wald Executive have clean lines from front, side to rear.

did that make sense? dang USA slang..

Last edited by gs300pnp; 01-29-07 at 05:50 PM.
Old 01-29-07, 06:12 PM
gs300pnp

DBAristo,

I'm confused now... or I'm just exhausted today...

is your ride post # 1 or post # 39?

in another thread you show the do-luck.

Either way, both are nice but the do-luck front bumper for me is a bit "busy" for me. otherwise very nice...

I've yet to see anyothers withthe do-luck kit.

I also think there are some "DEMO" ARISTO's with extremely rare or one of a kind kits making their way to the UK and Canada.

The ATS-BMS kit is a one of a kind... anyone out there in Japan ever seen one?
Old 01-30-07, 10:40 AM
michel lan
Driver School Candidate

this is a hell of a car , i have seen it in person, it will put alot of cars to shame, especially on the acceleration. It has a HKS TO4R turbo kit on it , with all supporting mods. I have an aristo myself , its dark cherry pearl, with a junction produce wide body kit on it. Body lines are smooth and the kit had been installed professionally with everything blended in, it has not got a hope of keeping up with this aristo.
Old 01-30-07, 10:53 AM
twojayzee
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by michel lan
this is a hell of a car , i have seen it in person, it will put alot of cars to shame, especially on the acceleration. It has a HKS TO4R turbo kit on it , with all supporting mods. I have an aristo myself , its dark cherry pearl, with a junction produce wide body kit on it. Body lines are smooth and the kit had been installed professionally with everything blended in, it has not got a hope of keeping up with this aristo.
Attach some pix of the wide body
Old 01-30-07, 05:00 PM
DBaristo
Driver

Originally Posted by gs300pnp
DBAristo,

I'm confused now... or I'm just exhausted today...

is your ride post # 1 or post # 39?

in another thread you show the do-luck.

Either way, both are nice but the do-luck front bumper for me is a bit "busy" for me. otherwise very nice...

I've yet to see anyothers withthe do-luck kit.

I also think there are some "DEMO" ARISTO's with extremely rare or one of a kind kits making their way to the UK and Canada.

The ATS-BMS kit is a one of a kind... anyone out there in Japan ever seen one?

OK maybe I confuse stuff. I originally came here a long time ago and I owned the dark green kazz sports 6 speed manual motor at the start of the thread. Now I own the "busy" do-luck demo car. I would doubt its originality but it comes with the doluck aero wyvern tags that aren't available with the kit, its in the actual colour from the website, and its got paperwork from when it won several car show awards in Japan a few years ago when the mk1 was popular Japside. Its also got quite a lot of do-luck extras on it that just didn't sell at all, their aftermarket suspension mods for example. Whatever is the case, its the correct colour, its the correct apportioned (stolen alloys aside) vehicle, with a single turbo conversion, and a track setup (ie not the spongy GS suspensioned) motor. So even if its not the real deal, it sure stays on the road like the real deal should and accelerates like it looks like it should. And should you think it maybe doesn't look the part I have allready booked the car for the Netherlands first major national indoor event as the lead car on the biggest netherlands auto magazines stand all expenses paid. So hey not all that huh
Old 01-31-07, 01:24 PM
SickSC3
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

damn this thread came back from the dead lol... nice car btw.

Quick Reply: Noob