GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

ABS light on, CAN'T get out of park HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-05, 05:46 PM
0209 CLK
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ABS light on, CAN'T get out of park HELP!!

Ok as some of you may have read I had bad regulators so I started going at it today. Took apart the door panel and inspected what exactly was needed to be replace. Found the problem and I put everything back together..While I was working on the car I had my radio on so me not thinking the battery goes dead. So I waited about 10 mins or so and I finally got jumper wires and started it up. Everything seems ok until...

I go into the car to see if my windows roll up or down and they didn't. Next thing the ABS light is on and I can't shift out of Park not just only that my power steering is not working. I checked the fuses under the steering column and in the engine bay and none seem to be blown unless there's other fuses that I don't know about (I just bought the car 3 days ago). I couldn't find any fuses for the windows or power steering so what do I do? I searched and searched..some people ran into the same problems that I have but no solution to it. ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT PLEASE HELP!!!!
Old 12-01-05, 07:47 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Sounds like you grounded something out. I am VERY sure that you missed the fuse when you were checking them. The very same thing happened to me in my old SC400 and it turned out to be a fuse. Recheck them.

Jonny
Old 12-01-05, 11:48 PM
turbogs300
Lead Lap

Cool

There is no fuse for the power steering Did you mean the telescopic steering wheel?
Old 12-01-05, 11:48 PM
0209 CLK
Rookie

Do you remember which fuse went out? Or could it be a relay fuse? I only ask that because you can't really tell if the relay fuse is out since it's a bigo box fuse type (correct me please lol).
Old 12-01-05, 11:50 PM
0209 CLK
Rookie

Originally Posted by turbogs300
There is no fuse for the power steering Did you mean the telescopic steering wheel?
Haha well I'm thinking since all components went out together maybe there was one fuse that controlled all which caused it to go out. I need my car fix asap man this sucks..not even a week with the vehicle and something comes up.
Old 12-01-05, 11:54 PM
turbogs300
Lead Lap

Cool

Originally Posted by 0209 CLK
Haha well I'm thinking since all components went out together maybe there was one fuse that controlled all which caused it to go out. I need my car fix asap man this sucks..not even a week with the vehicle and something comes up.
Well, you definitely shorted out something. DOUBLECHECK all fuses with a DMM or test light.
Old 12-01-05, 11:57 PM
0209 CLK
Rookie

Alright since I just got out the bar and I can't sleep yet..I'll go check it
Old 12-02-05, 12:30 AM
0209 CLK
Rookie

Ok I found the fuse (thanks guys) it's the 10A ECU-IG that keeps on blowing up. Everytime I put a new fuse in and second click it, it pops. The only thing I did was take out 2 door panels, unplugged everything that was connected on there (speakers,window switch and dome lights), inspected what I need to look at and that was it. I put everything back as how it was but like I said my battery died and I jumped it. Could any one of those cause it to pop the fuse? I might just go at it again and take apart the panels, leave it apart and start the vehicle and see what happends..It bugs me because I just got the car and stuff happends like this.
Old 12-02-05, 01:05 AM
Abear
Lexus Test Driver

I dont know what you couldve done. Congrats on getting the whole door panel off, for some reason mine would not come off. I just replaced the speakers in the front doors. Just make sure you didnt plug something in backwards, thats the only thing I can think of. Sorry about all this happening so soon, but dont worry you will fix it and the car will be great
Old 12-02-05, 01:10 AM
turbogs300
Lead Lap

Cool

Ok I found the fuse (thanks guys) it's the 10A ECU-IG that keeps on blowing up. Everytime I put a new fuse in and second click it, it pops. The only thing I did was take out 2 door panels, unplugged everything that was connected on there (speakers,window switch and dome lights), inspected what I need to look at and that was it. I put everything back as how it was but like I said my battery died and I jumped it. Could any one of those cause it to pop the fuse? I might just go at it again and take apart the panels, leave it apart and start the vehicle and see what happends..It bugs me because I just got the car and stuff happends like this.
You may have accidentally screwed into a wire or pinched something.
Old 12-02-05, 01:12 AM
turbogs300
Lead Lap

Cool

Originally Posted by Abear
I Congrats on getting the whole door panel off, for some reason mine would not come off. I just replaced the speakers in the front doors.
So Jacob, I take it you got it done? If not let me know.
Old 12-02-05, 02:44 AM
0209 CLK
Rookie

I'm still at it at freakin 5:am! At first for some reason it was my CD changer (Alpine 6 disc). I unplugged it and put a new fuse in the 10A ECU-IG and BAM there was magic! No blown fuse, no ABS light boy that put a smile on my face ..I let the car run for about 3 mins or so, as I walk in the house during that time then I walk back outside to check up on it..FREAKIN ABS LIGHT BACK ON AHHH! So I go and put a new fuse in, and there goes another fuse BLOWN! So NOW I'm at it again...I follow the wires to how the CD changer is hooked up and all the connections seem to be fine. But I went ahead and took out the whole center console including the stereo/climate control/vents just to see if there was any loose connections. I found one loose connection but that still wasn't the problem. At this point the whole car is almost dismantled and I just ran out of fuses and no more ideas...I'm helpless...
Old 12-02-05, 02:48 AM
0209 CLK
Rookie

Originally Posted by Abear
I dont know what you couldve done. Congrats on getting the whole door panel off, for some reason mine would not come off. I just replaced the speakers in the front doors. Just make sure you didnt plug something in backwards, thats the only thing I can think of. Sorry about all this happening so soon, but dont worry you will fix it and the car will be great
Ha! Now I wish I never even took off the door panel to start with. I'd rather have my windows all rolled up instead of not being able to drive the car period now. I'm sure I didn't plug anything backwards because it wouldn't be able to plug right up anyways. If you need help taking the door panel off let me know..I've tooken it apart so many times today I could probably do it blind folded
Old 12-02-05, 05:49 AM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

You have accidentally grounded something out - that is why your fuse keeps blowing. Check there are no wires exposed to metal or pinched.

Jonny
Old 12-02-05, 10:57 AM
Aristo94
Pole Position

If you need help taking the door panel off let me know..I've tooken it apart so many times today I could probably do it blind folded
haha i bet you could and i dont doubt it! lol

Quick Reply: ABS light on, CAN'T get out of park HELP!!