GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

1st gen drifting..requested vid/pics

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-05, 09:30 AM
Irish Lex
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=Epik]Hey Irish.. welcome to the forum. My GS is a 93 with the stock engine and auto

Cheers dude,

I've got a bit of time b4 the season starts up here again an i've been dying to get rid of the auto box for a manual, do youknow of the best replacement? Would a supra manual go in easy? With regards to the lsd,brakes and suspension i'll surely do them and also be stripping it totally down as it's not my road car. I cant wait to get stuck in and see the looks i'll get here when i take it drifting, (it'll be so unusual for a drift car over here), yours looks wicked on the track.

Gud luc.

STEER FROM THE REAR PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-07-05, 08:48 PM
Aristo94
Pole Position

omg epik stop showing pictures ur gonna make me whizz my pants man keep up doing wat ur doin man i love ur 1st gen so far arrrrrrr i just wish mine was gettin all that done to it but im still in highschool trying to go to college and maybe start a small business as soon as the summers over with before i go off to college so i can have money for all that
Old 12-08-05, 07:02 AM
Epik
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Irish Lex
Would a supra manual go in easy? With regards to the lsd,brakes and suspension i'll surely do them and also be stripping it totally down as it's not my road car. I cant wait to get stuck in and see the looks i'll get here when i take it drifting, (it'll be so unusual for a drift car over here), yours looks wicked on the track.

STEER FROM THE REAR PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
On the 2jz motor you can use a Getrag 6 speed (best by far) the non turbo Soarer/Supra w58 5 speed (good till about 400hp reliably) and with some modification the r154 from the Soarer/Mk3 supra with the 1jz engine. The r154 is a very well built 5 speed but you have to lengthen the shifter.. there is a thread on the SC300 forum here. You will need to have a custom driveshaft made and from there it is just mounting the pedals and side ebrake from a Supra or Soarer.

My car should be getting caged shortly, but for now it is still my daily. The manual swap is comng down the road a bit too.. one thing at a time.

Aristo94- Thanks for checking it out man.. hang in there and get thru school.. you'll have yours someday.. heck I didn't have a GS300 in high school so you are doing okay for now.
Old 12-08-05, 08:14 AM
Aristo94
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Epik
Aristo94- Thanks for checking it out man.. hang in there and get thru school.. you'll have yours someday.. heck I didn't have a GS300 in high school so you are doing okay for now.
but till then im gonna have to keep it maintained or if at least keep it even if she wants to die on me but shes running strong! so i think im in good shape
Old 12-08-05, 08:56 AM
Irish Lex
Driver School Candidate

Cheers Epik,

Sound for the help man, i'm not mechanically inclined so excuse this prob stupid questions but, do i have to have a custom driveshaft made regardless of what box i choose to use? it sounds expensive too, is it?and finally is it just a case of modifying a soarer or supra shaft or getting one machined from scratch?( the supra w58 5 speed seems the best choice for me , easy to my grubby little hands on!)
Old 12-08-05, 10:48 AM
DoriftWolf
Driver School Candidate

Thi is Epik.. replying on my partner's account at work..

You need the front driveshaft yoke for what ever tranny you choose, and the rear of the stock GS300. It needs to be either lengthened or shortened depending on the tranny, and then balanced. A good machine shop that specializes in axles and driveshafts (think trucking....etc) should have no problems with this at all.. estimates about 350-400.00 to make the shaft.

best of luck!