GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

turbo lag

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-05, 07:31 AM
callaghan.
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DBaristo
Whats an M8? Is it cheaper than a blitz dsbc? Is it as good? I ask because my aristo (JDM TT Gs 300 mk1) doesn't have a boost controller and the blitz ones are a tad expensive and a real pita to setup. To be honest I don't really like gadgetry for the sake of it and can't see the point of having a million different settings for different occasions on stuff like that. I just want maximum performance and efficiency settings at all times, I'll control how much oomph I want with my right foot not a few buttons So if theres a decent boost controller about a bit cheaper without so much whistles and bells I'd be interested in hearing about it.

Oh and don't get me wrong chap I wasn't having a pop at you as you quite correctly and most importantly POLITELY corrected my mistake unlike others I may care to mention Tolerance and patience is sadly lacking in alot of stateside car forums so thanks for yours fella.

Bry C

turboXS makes a manual boost controller that goes under the hood and is like $150. does what it needs to do and i kno wmany people that have ran it and loved it.

also, i never said for him to change the turbo's...it would just be helpful to know the setup he is running in order to be able to give him any good, real advice. im over it, fighting online is retarded. what i think is that "olddog" thinks he has turbo's when he doesnt....
Old 12-17-05, 08:43 AM
DBaristo
Driver

Originally Posted by callaghan.
turboXS makes a manual boost controller that goes under the hood and is like $150. does what it needs to do and i kno wmany people that have ran it and loved it.

also, i never said for him to change the turbo's...it would just be helpful to know the setup he is running in order to be able to give him any good, real advice. im over it, fighting online is retarded. what i think is that "olddog" thinks he has turbo's when he doesnt....
Manual adjustable for gain and max boost? If so at that price that is more along the lines of what I am after.

Perhaps people thinking their GS has turbo's when they don't is why I was under the impression that most stateside GS's were turbo lol Yeesh if a guy that physically has a car without turbo's on it thinks he has turbo's what chance have I got of knowing they don't without actually seeing the car It does however baffle me that anyone could not know the difference but just to be helpfull heres a couple of pictures to show the less educated
the N/A engine looks like this

Note the inlet manifold and throttle body stretchs over the top of the engine (sorry its a picture of a supra engine but its pretty much the same as in the GS)

The TT engine looks like this

Note the inlet manifold section down what is your drivers side JDM passenger side of the engine bay ie not over the top of the spark plug cover.
Old 12-17-05, 01:25 PM
sillbeer
Driver

It's a MoTeC M8.

-Destin
Old 12-17-05, 05:22 PM
DBaristo
Driver

Originally Posted by sillbeer
It's a MoTeC M8.

-Destin
From the same people that make fully programmable engine ecu's? If thats the case should be a very good piece of kit.
Old 12-18-05, 03:56 PM
callaghan.
Rookie

Originally Posted by DBaristo
Manual adjustable for gain and max boost? If so at that price that is more along the lines of what I am after.

Perhaps people thinking their GS has turbo's when they don't is why I was under the impression that most stateside GS's were turbo lol Yeesh if a guy that physically has a car without turbo's on it thinks he has turbo's what chance have I got of knowing they don't without actually seeing the car It does however baffle me that anyone could not know the difference but just to be helpfull heres a couple of pictures to show the less educated
the N/A engine looks like this

Note the inlet manifold and throttle body stretchs over the top of the engine (sorry its a picture of a supra engine but its pretty much the same as in the GS)

The TT engine looks like this

Note the inlet manifold section down what is your drivers side JDM passenger side of the engine bay ie not over the top of the spark plug cover.

yeah the turboXS manual controller works good for what the price is haah yeah, i do hope he has a swap/conversion...because you have to be a retard to think your car has turbo and it doesnt haha
Old 12-18-05, 09:40 PM
Epik
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

DB is that your car in the second pic?? Loving that car since I saw it in your 6 speed install post. Anyway to get some more recent pics?? Especially of the e brake area inside the car.. please!!
Old 12-20-05, 01:18 PM
DBaristo
Driver

Yep they are both my cars the bottom one is the new one. I just haven't had the time to get any pictures of it yet of my own but I should get some this weekend hopefully. The gear area is that what ya mean you want pics of?
Old 12-21-05, 02:38 AM
Epik
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes the shifter and parking brake area. And some more pics of the car would be great too.
Old 12-24-05, 02:16 PM
DBaristo
Driver

Ah I haven't finished that shifter and handbrake area yet so I'll post it when I'm done.