GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

Bad News:(

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-05, 06:03 PM
shoaf213
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wish I hate pics of the other 2 cars, they were pretty bad too.
Attached Thumbnails Bad News:(-zafter2.jpg  
Old 12-27-05, 06:04 PM
shoaf213
Lead Lap

But if the Lexus engineering angle helps you get another one, more power to you. GOod luck. BTW, I was doing about 80MPH when I hit the tree.
Attached Thumbnails Bad News:(-zafter3.jpg  
Old 12-27-05, 06:16 PM
FortuneLS
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

sorry to say, but that cavalier is not that bad, not when compared to my car or Aristo94's... the cockpit of the cavalier, where you were sitting, sustained virtually no damage. the damage is all rear end, and the car was totalled out because the frame was severely damaged in the rear of the car, if you would have either a.) been t-boned by an ambulance traveling 45mph or faster, or b.) broadsided a guardrail at 75mph in your cavalac, the z24 would have been crumpled up like a sheet of tin foil, and you would, with no doubt in my mind, be dead. as for getting t-boned in the crown vic, u were fine because a crown vic is a beast of a car, bigger than either a gs300, or my sc400... it is a proven fact that lexus builds some of the safest cars you can buy, so yes, it is because he and i were in a lexus that we are here to tell our stories... and as for your driving record, you should probably be more careful, befor you kill yourself, or someone else... i also find it incredibly hard to believe that you were traveling 80mph when you actually hit the tree, maybe befor you went off road, but not when you hit the tree, the reason why i find this hard to believe, is that your airbags did not deploy, and if you werent wearing a seatbelt as you claim, you would have eaten steering wheel, or been ejected from the vehicle having hit a tree going that fast, or both. im not trying to call you a liar, but your story just doesnt make much sense...

Last edited by FortuneLS; 12-27-05 at 06:25 PM.
Old 12-27-05, 06:22 PM
shoaf213
Lead Lap

Although, it doesn't hav e cockpit damage, I was going 80 MPH, I don't know if you caught that. I actually barely felt a thing. I thought it was gonna be a little dent until I got out, and my jaw dropped. I don't doubt that being T-boned in the Cav would not have resulted in damage, the car is built to "crumple", but I doubt death; regardless, all of those accidents were YEARS ago. The cavalier was the only one within the last 10 years, and that was 01.
Old 12-27-05, 06:34 PM
FortuneLS
Intermediate

if you would have hit the tree at 80, your airbags would have deployed, and theres a clear shot of both the steering wheel and the dashboard that clearly show no such airbag deployment... i know the cars were built to crumple, but if a 8000 pound ambulance t-bones you at 45mph, the car is going to crumple alright, crumple right on top of you, therefor crushing you, you would probably survive a passenger side impact, but aristo94 was hit on the drivers side and he went to the hospital for some pretty bad injuries, and if you think that you would not have been in at least critical condition being t-boned on the drivers side by an ambulance in a cavalier, im going to have to say that your crazy...
Old 12-27-05, 06:39 PM
shoaf213
Lead Lap

I've been called worse , it was a rear impact, the airbags didn't deploy; Does that make me a liar? Well, I suppose you might be right, I was doing 80 when I slide off the road onto wet grass, I suppose it might have slowed down 5 MPH or so....Either way, it's good that we're all alive.....
Old 12-27-05, 06:59 PM
FortuneLS
Intermediate

just so you know, im not callng you a liar, nor was i trying to demean you in any way by saying you were crazy, i meant it as 'your crazy for thinking a cavalier is anywhere near as safe as a lexus in a side impact collision'... especially involving something as heavy as an ambulance traveling at 45mph!
i bet you slowed more than 5mph though... i believe the story that you hit a tree, i just dont believe that it was anywhere near 80 mph, otherwise the airbags would have deployed, reguardless of it being a rear end impact... they are designed to deploy with any sudden shock to the sensors/system, and i believe going from 80-0 in less than a few seconds as a result of hitting a tree would be quite a sudden shock...
Old 12-27-05, 07:11 PM
Jmai22
Lexus Fanatic

well since everone is posting pics of there wrecked cars.. I was driving in my Ferrari and i tried to do a fast and furious and go under this truck. My front bumper got caught in one of his tires and i went under his truck and came out the front and i walked away without a scratch
Attached Thumbnails Bad News:(-crashs28.jpg  
Old 12-27-05, 08:11 PM
shoaf213
Lead Lap

Well, don't tell me, tell the MP's that measured the skid marks and told me how fast I was going. I assure you it was pretty DARN fast. I know going INTO the turn I ws over 90. I can't explain the airbag phenominon, perhaps it's the lack of Lexus quality, lol....
Old 12-27-05, 08:23 PM
shoaf213
Lead Lap

anyway, aristo, sorry to hear about the loss, My main point was that you need to RAPE that car, I'm sure your insurance company has been raping you in anticipation of this day
Old 12-28-05, 03:30 PM
Xeeeeeem
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by shoaf213
But if the Lexus engineering angle helps you get another one, more power to you. GOod luck. BTW, I was doing about 80MPH when I hit the tree.
Perhaps this is a sign!! Totaling 3 cars and damaging many more like you said, maybe you shouldn't be out on the road. Ever consider the bus system???

All of the accidents you described, tbone??? Chances were likely that you were at fault, how you messed up the cavi and the lebaron??? Those were definitely your fault. You should consider my advice and get off the road....think about it

BTW, you hitting a light pole at 80 mph and not feeling a thing, and airbags not deploying, i'm finding that hard to believe....and nobody is calling you a lier, its just crazy phenominon!!!
Old 12-28-05, 03:39 PM
shoaf213
Lead Lap

Wow, you guys don't stop do you? it was a TREE, not lightpole, that I hit a 80 in the Cav, I'm sorry, I have to say this, I HIT THE BRAKES at 8o, slide 100-200 Ft or so on WET GRASS and hit a tree. The Lebaron, did virtually the same thing hit a fence bacward, went through 3 sections, spun around and had the left front fender PLANTED to a light pole. Hell, it even knocked the power out to a whole grid! The guys I was going to meet were at the bowling alley waiting on me when it lost power. I was 16 then. Being 28 and if you further paid attention Ive ony had the ONE accident in the last decade. I think I learned my lesson, for the most part......
Old 12-28-05, 05:35 PM
FortuneLS
Intermediate

look what i started...
Old 12-29-05, 11:44 AM
Aristo94
Pole Position

Originally Posted by FortuneSC
look what i started...
haha well either way lexus DOES build durable cars their not heavy cars for no reason so saying that i dont believe but i KNOW lexus builds durable cars one reason y they are also a little more expensive than your everyday honda civic or chevy cavilier cause those are so much more mass produced they build those with aluminum body pannels and also bc everone can afford em that way.......
Old 12-29-05, 11:45 AM
Aristo94
Pole Position

Originally Posted by FortuneSC
look what i started...
haha well either way lexus DOES build durable cars, their not heavy cars for no reason so saying that i dont believe but i KNOW lexus builds durable cars. one reason y they are also a little more expensive than your everyday honda civic or chevy cavilier. cause those are so much more mass produced they build those with aluminum body pannels and also bc everone can afford em that way.......

but im able to walk around alot more and able to get out of the house still a little sore but that will be fine within a matter of a couple more days!!! im lookin at a 95 gs300!!!!! same color!!!! hopefully i can get it!!!!!

Quick Reply: Bad News:(