GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

Denso OEM O2 Sensors....

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-06, 10:58 PM
Lexus Dawg
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Denso OEM O2 Sensors....

On eBay, item # 8021432865 for $26. Says for front and rear. Has anyone purchased these from this vendor or should they be purchased from oxygensensors.com?
Old 01-12-06, 12:16 AM
Lexus Dawg
Driver

Does ANYONE know if these are knockoffs or genuine? I know they're a lot more expensive from o2sensors.com, but if these will suffice then I'd purchase these. Has anyone used this eBay source for o2 sensors?

Thanks in advance for your replies!
Old 01-12-06, 07:14 AM
turbogs300
Lead Lap

Cool

Seems like they're authentic, I'd try them out.
Old 01-12-06, 12:28 PM
Lexus Dawg
Driver

Turbogs300,
The only thing about them that concerns me about them is the vendor told me that the sensor that he is selling "fits all three locations, guaranteed!!!". I checked the oxygensensors.com site and they show that the manifold sensor and the pre-cat sensor are the same, requiring a purchase of two of part 236-4624. They show the after-cat sensor as part 236-4623, apparently different than the other one. What would be the difference between the two? Thanks T!
Old 01-12-06, 02:08 PM
turbogs300
Lead Lap

Cool

Originally Posted by Lexus Dawg
Turbogs300,
The only thing about them that concerns me about them is the vendor told me that the sensor that he is selling "fits all three locations, guaranteed!!!". I checked the oxygensensors.com site and they show that the manifold sensor and the pre-cat sensor are the same, requiring a purchase of two of part 236-4624. They show the after-cat sensor as part 236-4623, apparently different than the other one. What would be the difference between the two? Thanks T!
The Vendor is correct! The only reason 02sensors.com shows a different number for the after cat sensor is it has a different wire length. The vendor is just selling the same 02 sensor for all 3 locations. The after cat sensor , I believe, has the longest wire length. You can verify this when you remove your old sensors or by physically looking at the wire lengths that are currently on them. Worst case scenario is that he is selling 3 of the manifold sensors and it may be too short to reach the connector in the car for the after cat sensor and you'd have to extend the wire length. However, since he's gauranteeing they will work, they are more than likely all the sensor with the longest harness.
Old 01-12-06, 04:04 PM
Lexus Dawg
Driver

Thanks for getting back to me Turbogs300!!!!
Old 01-26-06, 10:21 AM
Greg D
Driver School Candidate

Did you buy these? I am thinking of doing so, but wondered how it worked out for you
Old 01-26-06, 03:23 PM
Lexus Dawg
Driver

Greg,
I worked on it yesterday, I was only able to get the 2 at the manifold changed. That last one (under the car) was a @$%^#! and I couldn't get it changed. I tried Liquid Wrench, WD-40, a breaker bar and a cheater and it wouldn't budge! But I have good news...(I just saved a bunch of $ by switching to Geico, just kidding!) the CEL went out and I'm very happy about that! I read in one of the many post here that the 2 important ones to change are the first 2 before the converter and the last one doesn't really matter. Do you think I'll have any problems if I can't get that last one changed out?
Old 01-26-06, 04:01 PM
turbogs300
Lead Lap

Cool

Originally Posted by Lexus Dawg
Greg,
I worked on it yesterday, I was only able to get the 2 at the manifold changed. That last one (under the car) was a @$%^#! and I couldn't get it changed. I tried Liquid Wrench, WD-40, a breaker bar and a cheater and it wouldn't budge! But I have good news...(I just saved a bunch of $ by switching to Geico, just kidding!) the CEL went out and I'm very happy about that! I read in one of the many post here that the 2 important ones to change are the first 2 before the converter and the last one doesn't really matter. Do you think I'll have any problems if I can't get that last one changed out?
Unfortunately 02 sensors have a service life and the closer they get to the end of it the slower they respond. So the last one will have to be replaced soon enough. It will probably trigger the CEL soon enough. You're correct in that it's not the most important one, however if your cat fails or becomes clogged, it becomes pretty important then. I'd say take a break from it for now, however keep soaking it with PB Blaster and maybe try heating it up with some map gas. It'll come out eventually.
Old 01-26-06, 09:51 PM
LEXSOOS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by turbogs300
Unfortunately 02 sensors have a service life and the closer they get to the end of it the slower they respond. So the last one will have to be replaced soon enough. It will probably trigger the CEL soon enough. You're correct in that it's not the most important one, however if your cat fails or becomes clogged, it becomes pretty important then. I'd say take a break from it for now, however keep soaking it with PB Blaster and maybe try heating it up with some map gas. It'll come out eventually.

Great advice man... .