GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

Engine parts help

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-06, 05:16 PM
ZeekGS300
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine parts help

my harmonic balancer broke off of my 94 gs300 and i need to replace that as well as my pulley tentioner.. is it hard to replace that? can i get some help how to place that ? and i wanted to know if a 93 sc300 parts fit on my car ? because my friend has a 93 sc 300 with a blown motor and i was gonna try to take off of the parts on it.. is it the same motor? thanks
Old 01-20-06, 01:49 PM
twojayzee
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Im going to attempt to answer this. If the harmonic ballancer really broke off, then its likely it took a part of the crank with it. I find this very unlikely. Did the bolt come out ? Those are hard enough to get off when you try.
The SC has the same motor.
Old 01-20-06, 02:08 PM
turbogs300
Lead Lap

Cool

Originally Posted by EG8
Im going to attempt to answer this. If the harmonic ballancer really broke off, then its likely it took a part of the crank with it. I find this very unlikely. Did the bolt come out ? Those are hard enough to get off when you try.
The SC has the same motor.
Actually the pulley on the balancer is seperated from the rest of the balancer by a hard rubber piece. It could wear away, i guess, it's happened on other cars. Removing the bolt is the hardest part. I have an extra balancer I'd sell you, however it's going back on my car at the next timing belt change to replace the UD pulley on there now.
Old 01-20-06, 02:18 PM
twojayzee
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by turbogs300
Actually the pulley on the balancer is seperated from the rest of the balancer by a hard rubber piece. It could wear away, i guess, it's happened on other cars. Removing the bolt is the hardest part. I have an extra balancer I'd sell you, however it's going back on my car at the next timing belt change to replace the UD pulley on there now.
Ah, good point. I hadnt thought of that. Never had that happen.
I dont remember how I took mine off to do the timing belt. Is there an access cover for the tq converter ? I may have used a plate and bolted that in place to use the breaker bar and impact gun.
Old 01-23-06, 10:30 AM
ZeekGS300
Pole Position

thanks for the help guys i got it fixed.. the whole time it was the harmonic balancer because its getting loser and loser everyday and it finally decide to fall off! so yeah i replaced and i bought a power steering pump and a pulley tentioner as well and i returned it i only bought the power steering pump only because it was leak fluid everywhere but my cousin in law said it was because the belt wasn't on the PS pulley good enough so then when i turned the wheel it would just gush out because of the pressure so i returned the PS and the pulley tentioner and i got $100 bucks back! thanks again
Old 01-23-06, 10:32 AM
twojayzee
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ZeekGS300
thanks for the help guys i got it fixed.. the whole time it was the harmonic balancer because its getting loser and loser everyday and it finally decide to fall off! so yeah i replaced and i bought a power steering pump and a pulley tentioner as well and i returned it i only bought the power steering pump only because it was leak fluid everywhere but my cousin in law said it was because the belt wasn't on the PS pulley good enough so then when i turned the wheel it would just gush out because of the pressure so i returned the PS and the pulley tentioner and i got $100 bucks back! thanks again
Holly run on sentence batman