GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

Sears Tire Center Sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-06, 07:21 AM
Vmoney
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sears Tire Center Sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i went in last weekent to change my battery, do an alignment and Brake check. it toook them fron Noon to 5Pm to do this. when i got my car back, none of my stuff was working like rear tail lights(only work when i press the brakes. factory radio, my aftermarket amp & 2 12's arent working, my windows and sunroof dont work. the only things that worked were my mirrors, seats and headunit. also myt steering wheel. has this happened before? or is sears ****ing up, and by yhe way, my ABS light is on, power steering dosent work and i have to put the key from my truck into the shift box to move from park to reverse or drive.
Old 01-31-06, 07:28 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,252 Likes on 1,366 Posts

Did you drive it away from there? Did you show them the problems before you left?
Old 02-06-06, 06:10 AM
Vmoney
Driver

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
Did you drive it away from there? Did you show them the problems before you left?
yeah i didnt drive it away until i adressed the problen with them. i went back recently and they wont take the blame as i figure most companies wont. I am going to repair it but i want proof that they are the ones that messed up my car. how much would it cost me to fix this unknown problem? and how could i tell what caused this?
Old 02-06-06, 08:02 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

They do suck one of my buddies took his maxima there to get directional tires put on. The idiots put them on backward and when he took they wanted him to pay again.
Old 02-06-06, 08:23 AM
speedie
Pole Position

Sorry to hear about your issue...That is the reason I do not take me car to any of these hole in the wall wanna be shops.. For the record Sears Auto Centers are the worst..It appears as though they hire any clown off the street....
Old 02-06-06, 08:47 AM
SoCalSC4
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Yeah, many of the Sears techs are apes. Think about it; if they were any good, they'd be making big money at a dealership.

Sears is okay if you have a Ford pickup, Explorer, or Taurus... anything outside of their bread & butter will cause them confusion.

When I lived in Virginia for a year, I needed new tires for my MR2. Bought the tires from The Tire Rack and brought the wheels & loose tires into Sears (there weren't many shops in town). They refused to mount them because they were "them low-profile tires" ('tires' is pronounced "tars" back there) and the rims were 2-piece Racing Sparcos. The tires were 195/50-15 Pireli P-Zero Asimmetrico... not exactly "low profile" in my opinion, but...

On your car, sounds like they blew a fuse or a fusible link. Easy enough to repair.
Old 02-06-06, 02:48 PM
Vmoney
Driver

Originally Posted by SoCalSC4
Yeah, many of the Sears techs are apes. Think about it; if they were any good, they'd be making big money at a dealership.

Sears is okay if you have a Ford pickup, Explorer, or Taurus... anything outside of their bread & butter will cause them confusion.

When I lived in Virginia for a year, I needed new tires for my MR2. Bought the tires from The Tire Rack and brought the wheels & loose tires into Sears (there weren't many shops in town). They refused to mount them because they were "them low-profile tires" ('tires' is pronounced "tars" back there) and the rims were 2-piece Racing Sparcos. The tires were 195/50-15 Pireli P-Zero Asimmetrico... not exactly "low profile" in my opinion, but...

On your car, sounds like they blew a fuse or a fusible link. Easy enough to repair.
so thats not expensive right? how much would it be to repair this? the fusible link that is. cause anytime i put one in, it blows right away. and what are the odds of sears paying for it? how would i prove that they did it?
Old 02-07-06, 01:29 PM
mkorsu
Zombie Slayer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Vmoney
yeah i didnt drive it away until i adressed the problen with them. i went back recently and they wont take the blame as i figure most companies wont. I am going to repair it but i want proof that they are the ones that messed up my car. how much would it cost me to fix this unknown problem? and how could i tell what caused this?
Why would you fix this?? If they did in fact cause the problem, they are liable. So what if they say they aren't to blame. Escalate this issue. Management, Upper Mangement, Corporate headquarters, etc.

It would be a cold day in hell before I paid more money and invested my own time to fix something a supposed professional damaged.
Old 02-07-06, 08:00 PM
Vmoney
Driver

i went as far as mamagement but they say i cannot do anything because i took the car already. that is why they said to get it fixed and prove it was them who caused it.
Old 02-07-06, 08:46 PM
speedie
Pole Position

Default Keep pushing they will pay!!

I must say that I truly feel your pain...I am an ASE certified technician that has worked at several shops throughout the SouthEast region and I have seen enough to make me vow NEVER to take my car to any shop and if I must (flat repair, tire change, balance, etc..)..I will stand within 5 feet of my car and the "person" who is working on it....If the shop does not allow it....me and my car will go elsewhere...

As for your issue you can get them to pay, they are trying to blow you off...Start by talking to the Store manager...District manager....Regional manager....If all else fails call the Corporate office in Chicago...