GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

Manual transmission into 94 Gs300 is this possible?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-06, 02:07 PM
DBaristo
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You certainly could buy a supra for that money (I know as thats what I sold my supra for to buy this car) One difference neither the 300 Z or the supra have useable back seats mate. Also in Blighty most of the supra's are auto's.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...6&page=2&pp=15

Theres pictures there and I'll be doing more at the weekend

How much do you reckon a decent JDM aristo twin turbo is to buy in Japan? On a 95 with 60,000 miles? Mint paintwork, 19" Blitz Z1 technospeeds, leather, HID's, Stainless through exhaust, 2 way LSD, Oil cooler, Adjustable coilovers, and a full Kazz sports bodykit. Oh and then get a getrag 6 speed box and fit it? I know how much it is as I just bought it. Shipped and taxed at my end cost me £10k UK money. Since then I've put new tyres on all round and have new US spec supra brakes that have polished calipers and a couple of Defi gauges with the controller to go on as well. I've changed the oils and filters including the diff and tranny fluid. Don't get me wrong I am not taking offence at all just explaining why the car costs so much.

Last edited by DBaristo; 02-21-06 at 02:18 PM.
Old 02-21-06, 02:15 PM
twojayzee
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by turbogs300
Check his thread for pix
Which thread ?
Edit: Uh nevermind...^that one^

Last edited by twojayzee; 02-21-06 at 02:18 PM.
Old 02-21-06, 02:24 PM
twojayzee
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by EG8
Which thread ?
Edit: Uh nevermind...^that one^
BTW, that is PUSS !!!!!! I always wanted to know what the 1st gen would look like with the blitz Z1's in 19"
Old 02-21-06, 02:57 PM
DBaristo
Driver

Dyno'd it at the weekend. 365 BHP at 5500. The fuel cut defencer is still cutting the fuel at 5500 rpm so theres still more in it when thats set up correctly.

Whats Puss btw?
Old 02-21-06, 03:00 PM
twojayzee
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by DBaristo
Whats Puss btw?
Sweet, awsome, sic, cool, etc....
Puss is an old term I learned from some older fellas around my office, I guess they used to say it back in the day so I picked up on it. I have heard a few other people say it since.
Old 02-21-06, 03:05 PM
DBaristo
Driver

Ah righty oh. I seem to have dragged your thread a bit off topic though sorry fella.
Old 02-22-06, 09:12 PM
jmax.garage
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DBaristo
The supra MK4 getrag 6 speed box should just strap straight on. The MK4 supra hanbrake can be modified to fit on the tunnel and also you can use the pedal box and clutch cylinder from a MK4 supra. I know this because my aristo has these MOD's. That or if you don't mind a JDM ie right hand drive motor and have a few quid to spare you could buy my manual 6 speed pimped twin turbo 2JZ-GTE engined street racer with circa 400 bhp.

In Japan VERY FEW Aristos where available with the Supra M/T drivetrain. I think it was part of a limited package that Toyota put thogether... You are actually the second englishman that I've seen with a manual Aristo. And yes, this would be a DIRECT swap. I'm trying to find a crashed TT or you can just get a front clip off of a TT supra with an engine... Epik, you should look this up. It's really not that hard with the exeption of taking the dashboard and seats appart... fo reals, with the car appart, this swap should not take long... about 20hrs including cutting and modifying the handbrake. Oh, you have a PM!
Old 02-24-06, 05:05 AM
DBaristo
Driver

The other manual car is at DJ Craigs a trader in the UK. It has a big single turbo and is stripped out for drag strip use so not really a road car. http://www.djcraig.co.uk/GetDealer.d...20701&pageid=1
Old 02-24-06, 07:50 AM
twojayzee
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by kidzik007
In Japan VERY FEW Aristos where available with the Supra M/T drivetrain. I think it was part of a limited package that Toyota put thogether...
Got any more info or pix on this ?
Old 02-24-06, 03:33 PM
DBaristo
Driver

Originally Posted by EG8
Got any more info or pix on this ?

Erm none in Japan came out of the toyota factory with a manual box in them not a single one. If they did you could buy them and not pay the money I have had to in japan. The japanese like their cars modified so there will be more manual conversions there than anywhere else but I have been watching the auctions and so have importer freinds of mine for over 6 months and mine is the only one that has come up for sale in that time (mine was at a dealers and not at auction BTW). Over 100 aristo's come up for auction in Japan every week so in 20 odd weeks none have been manual at all (thats exlusivity for you lol)
Old 03-03-06, 05:47 PM
jdzumwalt
Driver School Candidate

Can you post up some pictures of the interior. I'm curios what the clutch pedal layout looks like? also where is the clutch master cylinder positioned?
Old 03-05-06, 02:17 AM
DBaristo
Driver

The footbrake handbrake comes out and the clutch pedal goes in there. The master cylinder just goes in exactly the same place as it does in the supra the kit comes out of. Incidentally I have found another one in japan. Its a bit of a monster though. T88 turbo.

T88-34D turbo + waste gate valve
Ex manifold
HKS Cam shafts + pulleys
Blitz intercooler + pipes
Injectors
Koyo radiator
6MT gear box
OS triple plate clutch
TRD mounts
TOMEI LSD
Brakes hoses
Recaro seat
HKS EVC
HKS F-CON
APEXI ECV
MOMO steering

Now thats a street beast Its cosmetically challenged apparently but at $15-20k delivered its a bargain.
Old 03-21-06, 06:23 AM
jmax.garage
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

after i'm done with my 86 i will definetly try to do this swap. stay tuned...
Old 03-23-06, 06:38 AM
Vmoney
Driver

how about a 5speed auto from a 2nd gen, would that work?
Old 03-24-06, 07:45 AM
DBaristo
Driver

Can't see why not but you'd have ECU issues

Quick Reply: Manual transmission into 94 Gs300 is this possible?