GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

Why GS300

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-06, 09:20 AM
GoldGS3
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i didn't buy it for speed nor for handling. if i did, i would have bought a nsx.

it is a luxury sedan. if you have the money and know-how, and want to make your luxury sedan to go faster and handle better, you could make it so.

i love my 94 gs for its comfort and reliability. it has +309K miles and it runs great. this car is the most reliable and comfortable car i had.

good luck.
Old 03-14-06, 10:51 AM
Gix3
Rookie

I have to make the same choice b4 i got a 93 GS. I have test drive them both and let me tell ya. The GS is way quieter than the Q and the power tilt steering wheel just make the girls jizz in their pants when I "put the key in the ignition". Not to mention all the tune-up parts are easier and cheaper to get. I just need to find out how to post pics now.
Old 03-14-06, 07:47 PM
stevesinn
Driver School Candidate

i own a 96 gs 300 and i must say, i am not disappointed. besides the pic of that INFINITI is really ugly! those rims are so outdated!
Old 03-14-06, 07:57 PM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by stevesinn
i own a 96 gs 300 and i must say, i am not disappointed. besides the pic of that INFINITI is really ugly! those rims are so outdated!
wow to each his own go tell all the vip guys that their rims are outdated and their cars are all ugly.
Old 03-17-06, 03:22 AM
stevesinn
Driver School Candidate

cherplex, i call'em how i see 'em. the pic of that INFINITI isn't very attractive and the rims ARE outdated. and what is a vip guy?
Old 03-17-06, 04:08 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

www.vipstylecars.com

Here's a thread from the LS forum

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=205913

Last edited by plex; 03-17-06 at 04:29 AM.
Old 03-17-06, 09:19 AM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by cherplex
I don't think there is nothing Grandpa about it. Yes the GS is more sportier but it's all on your wants and needs. I think the Q45 is more suited for VIP styling like the one pictured and the GS is more of a sport sedan.

I chose the GS because of it's fluid like lines...it's very clean and subtle. Japanese engenuity with Italian design. I think it's quite the match....you can tell just by lookin' at it, it doesn't look like your average JDM car.

And yes, I think the GS is just as good a candidate for VIP styiling as that Q45 pictured above is....

but then again to each their own, we all have our tastes and preferences

Here's a pic....

Old 03-17-06, 09:59 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Yea i feel you about the GS Body I just had to defend the Q that's all. I'm looking at doing a LS vip style sometime in the future.
Old 03-17-06, 12:26 PM
LeXuSrAcIn
Lexus Test Driver

No doubt whatsoever, Q45 takes this one. You guys need to stop being biased and actually drive both cars!!! The old GS is very slow, sluggish, and not much of a fun factor to drive. The Q45 is quick, and fairly fun.
Old 03-17-06, 12:38 PM
lalexusgs
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SuprRunner
Yeah...the GS300 in stock form is dog slow...but drop in a couple G's and you got a 300+RWHP car....not sure what you would get out of the Infinity. The infitity is also very boxy and in my opinion very ugly.

My GS300 has 237,000 miles on it...and dyno'ed at around 400rwhp...it would have lasted longer, but I blew off the bottom of my radiator and super overheated my motor, slightly warping the head at No 5 cylinder.

I also got 25 mpg on the highway.

I say GS300 all the way... you will not regret it.
All true about GS300 reliability. I just wonder, do you mind to share how could you get 300rwhp on it with just "a couple of G's" ?
Old 03-17-06, 01:36 PM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by LeXuSrAcIn
No doubt whatsoever, Q45 takes this one. You guys need to stop being biased and actually drive both cars!!! The old GS is very slow, sluggish, and not much of a fun factor to drive. The Q45 is quick, and fairly fun.

I don't know who you're calling biased, but I in fact have driven both cars. A good friend of mine owns one and was actually considering getting rid of it for a first gen GS.

Like I said...to each their own, you like what you like and I like what I like. Everyone has their own preference, and mine just happens to be the first gen GS. Don't get me wrong, the Q45 is a great lookin' car but to me, I personally like the first gen GS more

Here's a pic of my car and my friend's Q45

Old 03-18-06, 10:28 AM
nyARISTO
Sunroof Surfer

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Wow no newbieee here really understands the true vip car....
OTHER THEN THAT ... everyone is entitled to there own oppinion but im am a GS man all the way ... and those rims on that Y33 are def. not outdated... i think u dont see to many VIP CARS out at all
Old 03-19-06, 02:28 PM
stevesinn
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by nyARISTO
Wow no newbieee here really understands the true vip car....
OTHER THEN THAT ... everyone is entitled to there own oppinion but im am a GS man all the way ... and those rims on that Y33 are def. not outdated... i think u dont see to many VIP CARS out at all
ok maybe the rims are not outdated on the y33, my bad. although, i may be new to this forum, i have been customizing cars for well over 12 years. and in my opinion, a true vip car is something you make with your own 2 hands, blood, sweat and tears. anybody can buy bolt on after market parts or order something online. try doing your own customization work and not a shop. now thats the TRUE meaning of vip style.
Old 03-20-06, 03:46 PM
DBaristo
Driver

OK so where do you stand on a 5 second 0-60 aristo with not that far off stock power for speed then? OK you guys have to deal with RHD but its worth it. JDM is the way to go if you want power and speed from a GS.

They don't look bad out of japan either

Old 03-20-06, 03:54 PM
ebruce2
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by cherplex
I don't think there is nothing Grandpa about it. Yes the GS is more sportier but it's all on your wants and needs. I think the Q45 is more suited for VIP styling like the one pictured and the GS is more of a sport sedan.

gotta stand by you with this one. Way more VIP right out of the box. I cant really picture curtains and crazy woodgrain all through the inside of a 1GS for starters. I've been wanting a Q forever, just have too many toys.

Quick Reply: Why GS300