GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

Not Sure If This Is Typical Amp Failure??

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-06, 12:26 PM
NitroDecal
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Not Sure If This Is Typical Amp Failure??

ive been searching on the board to find my answers to my questions. found alot of results but non that pinpoint my problem.

96 gs300 with nakamichi system. had the car for 2 weeks now.
I was away for the weekend, started my car on Sunday night and stereo sounded fine. I started pulling out of my spot and the sounds gets wacky. When the radio is on any mode (am/fm/cd) i get a crackly skipping sounds coming from some of the speakers, not all. I can hear the music faintly but all i really hear is the skipping crackly noise. I checked the trunk for water and nothing. It didnt rain at all. My guess from reading around is that my amp has gone bad. Or is there a fuse for the amp that possibly popped? Could a ground wire be lose? Just would like to try to figure out exactly if my amp is bad before i go about getting something that i can listen to music again. Thank You
Old 02-27-06, 03:59 PM
turbogs300
Lead Lap

Cool

Sounds like amp has a few bad channels
Old 03-28-06, 07:29 AM
Vmoney
Driver

Originally Posted by NitroDecal
ive been searching on the board to find my answers to my questions. found alot of results but non that pinpoint my problem.

96 gs300 with nakamichi system. had the car for 2 weeks now.
I was away for the weekend, started my car on Sunday night and stereo sounded fine. I started pulling out of my spot and the sounds gets wacky. When the radio is on any mode (am/fm/cd) i get a crackly skipping sounds coming from some of the speakers, not all. I can hear the music faintly but all i really hear is the skipping crackly noise. I checked the trunk for water and nothing. It didnt rain at all. My guess from reading around is that my amp has gone bad. Or is there a fuse for the amp that possibly popped? Could a ground wire be lose? Just would like to try to figure out exactly if my amp is bad before i go about getting something that i can listen to music again. Thank You
i just got rid of my amp and bought a headunit. my Pops and i read a forum on this site on how to do it. after i finish cutting a better looking kit ill show you.