Lords and Ladys....

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-06, 08:43 PM
7Cain
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lords and Ladys....

Hello to all.

I recently came upon a first gen gs300. It was being neglected and unused by a relative so I made arrangements to take ownership of the somewhat traumatized automobile. I received the vehicle with a gigantic dent in the rear passenger qp from a dude that apparently kicked it fairly hard (he also wears a size 10 loafer), and a decent dent in the hood (right over the hood frame looks like the same foot) as well as many other little dings and scuffs. All of this is a long and sad story (and not my relatives fault) and not really worth telling unless truely interested. If only I had been there sooner!,....... ,........wait, is sooner gramatically correct? (or is it grammarically I'm so confused these days). Well, from now on I'll hope that any slang or abbreviations (abbreevyashuns) will be understood and accepted. (i'm trying to be funny and it's not working is it?)

Alright here's the deal, I'm ordering:

Powerslot front and rear rotors
RedStuff ceramic brake pads
Eibach pro's
KYB's
Injen intake
Blitz cat-back
Denso iridiums
Greddy timing belt
Electric cooling fan

If you know something I don't about any of these products, or if you just have advise I would really appreciate the knowledge. Yays or Nays are fine per product and I promise I'll use the search feature from from this day forward.

I will add photos soon, I pulled most of the gargantuan foot impression out of the rear fender, but I took a pic before I did so you can see the damage (if you like pain). Plus I spent the entire weekend detailing the motor and body (three stage engine cleaning 1.Gunk 2.BlackMagic 3.CD2 it looks sooo much better!) and waxed the body which has probably never been done, as well as painted the tarnished emblems until they can be removed completely.

Well, take care and drive.

Maximum Respect,
7Cain
Old 02-28-06, 08:57 PM
LexFather

Welcome!!! Looks like a good start
Old 02-28-06, 09:01 PM
Abear
Lexus Test Driver

Welcome. Sorry to hear about the car, but it sounds as if it is in good hands now. As far as your list of products, they all look good to me. When you do get the Eibach pro's, be sure and let us(me) know how it rides/handles. Im trying to figure out the best setup for my car. This is the forum to be for 1st Gen GS300's. There are alot of people with alot of knowledge about this car, and it comes in handy. Good luck with your car and keep us updated.

PS. 2 men to lift up an amp?
I just noticed your in Texas, where?
Old 02-28-06, 10:02 PM
Caius
Pole Position

Another from Texas.....wow. Should make a Texas member thread....
Old 03-01-06, 02:24 AM
Abear
Lexus Test Driver

Where are all you people? I never see any other 1st gens on the road.
Old 03-01-06, 06:11 AM
Caius
Pole Position

Well, I'm in Austin....and I occasionally see one around here, but none with anything done to them.
Old 03-01-06, 06:15 AM
Kaiser
Racer

I'm not sure the Eibach's will be low enough. They are rated at 1.2" drop. I have Intrax springs 1.6" drop and so far I am really happy with them.
Old 03-01-06, 12:48 PM
SlowGS3
Driver

DFW area here
Welcome to the club
Old 03-01-06, 05:24 PM
Caius
Pole Position

Maybe down the road we can get a texas lexus meet together...maybe to coincide with texas supra club or something.
Old 03-14-06, 12:30 PM
7Cain
Driver

I'm all about a big Texas meet. I camp alot, so travel is fun for me, any campers out there?

BTW here is my project for now.

Caius you will have to tell me about your name sometime, it's interesting. Where about's are you N/S/E/W Austin? If you want to keep this private, e-mail me at cainb7@topsecretperformance.net

Kaiser, are you riding on stock shocks? How is that working out for you? I live on a gravel road, and my business partner drives an 05 Tuscani with a 2 inch drop, he can make it up and down the hill here at my house but it's cutting it close with that low of a stance. I'd love to go as low as possible without having to go with dampers. I have too many other hobbies to devote all my extra cash into this car, but I am definately going to upgrade anything I touch (and some things I don't need to touch).

SlowGS3, I have a friend in South Dallas, next time I take a drive up there we should get in touch.

I'm in the hillcountry so driving here is rediculously awesome! Lot's of twisties and some real nice straights.
Old 03-14-06, 06:23 PM
Caius
Pole Position

I'm in NW austin around Parmer and 620....oh, and the name is a character from a book I read quite a while ago, but it also was the first name of the roman emperor Caligula

My wife is always wanting to go camping and such so that's a possibility, and I really would like to get a meet together...there are a couple of fairly quick SC's in Austin so we might have some interest.....lol

Shoot me an email at caius13ad@yahoo.com

Last edited by Caius; 03-14-06 at 06:29 PM.
Old 03-14-06, 07:10 PM
7Cain
Driver

Sounds good. I'm actually planning a trip to the guadalupe in June at the Lazy L&L, let me know if you're interested. No worries if we can't get a big meet together, but anyone in the area is more than welcome, it does'nt matter what you drive. I have a GTI coming from Dallas, a rightously modded Tuscani from Marble Falls, and a WRX from Houston. I just got a camper so let me know who needs to borrow a tent.
Old 03-14-06, 07:27 PM
Caius
Pole Position

Well, we've got a big tent....and can probably grab a few people....I know a friend with an NSX, one with a pretty heavily modded WRX among others....could make for a good meet/get together whether it's a lexus meet or a camping trip...lol. So long as there is some alcohol for around the campfire at night, I'm good.
Old 03-14-06, 07:42 PM
7Cain
Driver

I'll keep you updated, but for now it looks like the weekend of the third in June. We are pretty serious about camping so the alcohol is responsibly destributed and liberally consumed, afterall I am Scotch/Irish. How old are you if you don't mind my asking? It seems there is a lot of "youth" on this forum. I was born in '76, year of the dragon baby!
Old 03-14-06, 08:11 PM
Caius
Pole Position

I was born in the year of our lord nineteen hundred and seventy two...lol I'm 33 and I'm English Irish Scottish and German....so basically all the northern european, heavy drinking, burn it fight it or **** it genes....lol.

Quick Reply: Lords and Ladys....