GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

what should i DO????

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-06, 06:18 PM
tone
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i like the red, black is nice of course.... with the RIGHT red, ud be setting yourself apart from everyone else, its a show car.... a red first gen is definately something to show.
Old 04-11-06, 07:23 PM
nyARISTO
Sunroof Surfer

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by LexAristo
I say keep the car black. Get new rims, air suspension, bbk, and a new vip kit. Red won't flow right since I honestly think the 1st gen body only looks good in black, dark red, grey, and all white.

true VIP opininon ... now thats what i was waiting for... but i still like that D1 aristo RED... i wanna go in 2007 show's with all the attraction on the car... with the glass top roof.. wait and see ...

bry thats another project right there bro
Old 04-11-06, 07:33 PM
nyARISTO
Sunroof Surfer

here's Derrick's from jersey with his newly painted and kitted IS

same red
Old 04-12-06, 08:51 PM
shoaf213
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I vote RED. I was gonna paint mine Tangerine Pearl Metallic, but there's another guy on here with Tangerine....(EXPLATIVE)....Yeah, the red is tight.
Old 04-12-06, 10:28 PM
Wald GS
O.C. Lucky Strike Fanatic

I'll be honest with you Tony since I am in the show scene just as you are. Truely speaking, if you want attention and want to win shows, the red should do it. It will be like woah. Just remember the style and flow you are trying to get your car to. For example, you will never see a huge wing on my car simply because I didn't build my car to be a drift car. I built it to be a "text book vip car" especially with the black paint, tinted windows, and low/wide appearance.

The problem and dilemma I think you have is, you are not sure which direction you want to go. You want to do red because it looks cool on the 2nd gen. You also want your car to have the true vip styled look and not just a vip car with a non vip styled look. It's not for me to say you can't have a vip styled car and also have a non vip car color, but nowadays you are free to do what your heart desires.

Since you also mentioned earlier that it is specifically a show car, then you can do the red drift style paint and then do the graphics. I just hope it will flow, which I am sure it will since you have done a great job with your car. Truely one of my all time favorites.

Just remember one thing, if you are modding for yourself and don't want to make a bad decision, do what your heart desires. When I decided to paint my car bentley black, I had people objecting to it because black is the last color you want on a show car because it doesn't get much attention and love as compared to a gold car. I didn't want to have any regrets so I decided to do what my heart desired and so I did black. I also daily drive the car so that played the biggest role in my decision as I didn't want to stand out for the wrong reasons especially in california with all the modified cars on the road.

Give your car the makeover and shock the world.

You have my aim, feel free to hit me up anytime.

-Bryan
Old 04-22-06, 09:32 AM
nyARISTO
Sunroof Surfer

i think ill keep it black...... saw this and this is really nice but i think ill do another project GS

Old 04-22-06, 05:23 PM
shoaf213
Lead Lap

No!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Red!
Old 04-22-06, 08:14 PM
jmax.garage
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had the same dilemma as you but decided to paint my car Silver Effect (1C0). The red they use for the Vertex car is Bright Red (3P0) in the Toyota color chip. When I paint my JZS147 again, it will look pretty much like this with the kaaz sport kit i plan to buy in the future:

Old 04-23-06, 02:20 AM
Wald GS
O.C. Lucky Strike Fanatic

Originally Posted by kidzik007
I had the same dilemma as you but decided to paint my car Silver Effect (1C0). The red they use for the Vertex car is Bright Red (3P0) in the Toyota color chip. When I paint my JZS147 again, it will look pretty much like this with the kaaz sport kit i plan to buy in the future:

Judging by that pic, it looks awesome! Great work on the photoshopping! Tony, I think if you wanted the drift style, this pic should definitely persuade you in doing so.
Old 04-24-06, 01:01 PM
nyARISTO
Sunroof Surfer

NOOOOOOO. lol
see thats the thing im not looking for drift style my car isn't to drift............. its all VIP... but just wanted a more louder VIP car
and that red is just freakin eye blazing .... like who can miss that red car YA kno! i dont kno im like shootin holes in the wall cuz i really wanna pait it red but i love the black , but i dont like the part that black show's everything where ever u go.. so........... ....... HmmMmm dunnno bry!
Old 04-24-06, 09:55 PM
Eric-RPS13-
Lead Lap

that one photo shopped red GS is vip/drift at least from the 1st gens that are for auction on terra right now, most of the VIP cars I see up for grabs are kinda cross like that
Old 04-25-06, 06:51 AM
Vmoney
Driver

its real different. i havent seen a red 1st gen. if its the same color as that 2nd gen with out the graphics, go for it. be that uniqued dude that dosent shave in the military.
Old 04-25-06, 08:46 PM
jmax.garage
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

to be honest, red is for sports cars. thats why is unusual in VIP styled cars. here are some examples:
TSP Aristo:

Inspection Aristo:

see what I mean? The color changes the look from VIP to a 'drifter' or sports look. The TSP is really not so bad but the inspection changes the feel a whole lot. The VIP style changes dramatically to sports on the Inspection car. So its your shot. It also depends in the kit you will sport...
Old 04-25-06, 09:05 PM
Eric-RPS13-
Lead Lap

like I said the car itself is a cross of luxery and sport, so the combo of VIP and sporty is just really cool
Old 04-28-06, 05:22 PM
nyARISTO
Sunroof Surfer

well this is actually a red 1st gen. with junction kit... and this lookz hott

Quick Reply: what should i DO????