GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

DG Trials: the only 1st Gen in this D event!

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-06, 04:01 PM
jmax.garage
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Epik
I took 8 rims and tires with me to our last weekly event, not including the good ones i drove in on.

HAHAHAHAHA!!! You are MORE hardcore than me!!! this is my first one with my car and I have no intention to go more than 6 runs or less... and as I stated b4, i really drift a hachi BUT since its in repair and I got into club lexus and into my gs300 I found out that there is track/drift potential in this vehicle also AND to top it with a cherry it is AWFUL rare to se one of this cars at a road course. Uniquenes is pretty awesome accompained with a good performance, 2 things JZS147's are very capable of, as I am starting to learn. I really, really can't wait to install the coilovers and to get an LSD.
Old 05-06-06, 05:20 PM
Epik
Lexus Champion

Dunno if you have ever been to a DG Trials event, but you will get FAR more than 6 runs.

Seat time is a definite at the DG T's I have been to.. average about 20+ runs over the course of the day.

I just swapped in my new front lower ball joints today.. took an hour tops.. cant wait to drift Wednesday to see the difference. Thanks Kaiser!
Old 05-09-06, 02:02 PM
nyARISTO
Sunroof Surfer

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

gooood luckz bro........Represent for US!!!!........ CL
Old 05-09-06, 10:40 PM
jmax.garage
Instructor

fo sure! my fellow az240sx.org club member, frisco, (www.friscomix.com) will be taking pics of the event, so I will for sure represent da club! So officeially that makes 2 1st gen drifters? (epik and me) or is there anybody else that goes to events on their gs300?
Old 05-10-06, 07:46 AM
Epik
Lexus Champion

We have our weekly local event tonight so I'm stoked about that. We are going to set up our infield course to mimic the horseshoe style course for Road Atlanta and Formula D this weekend. Then how's this for some 1st gen love? My car is going to be in the SEDA booth at Formula D Road Atlanta this weekend. Not competing, just representing SEDA and showing off a little
Old 05-10-06, 05:38 PM
Eric-RPS13-
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We have our weekly local event tonight so I'm stoked about that. We are going to set up our infield course to mimic the horseshoe style course for Road Atlanta and Formula D this weekend. Then how's this for some 1st gen love? My car is going to be in the SEDA booth at Formula D Road Atlanta this weekend. Not competing, just representing SEDA and showing off a little
the fame has so gone to your head jeff
just kidding lol
had to bust you up
hopefully I can get the big things done with the 240 so we can get cracking on the little ****
Old 05-10-06, 08:22 PM
Epik
Lexus Champion

LOL.. you know me too well to think that..

I'm about to pull out every one of the extremely long wild looking hairs on top of my head trying to get everything ready for this weekend. So stressed.. the weekend is not even here and i'm tired already..LOL

see you there bro.
Old 05-15-06, 06:36 AM
jmax.garage
Instructor

just one more week to the event.... tuesday i will be getting the coilovers (will be on thursday) and i still gotta find 2~4 more used tires for the rears (either 255/4018 or 275/35/18) I got 4 used of the front ones... i need some info on aligment... epik, any idea how much camber, caster and all that? are you just running a stock alignment with a drop?
Old 05-15-06, 08:50 AM
Epik
Lexus Champion

I'll have to find my last alignment specs and let you know. I'm running almost 0* camber in the back right now, but I may add a little to increase stability now that I have the power to get it out and overcome the grip. In the front I'm at about 3* negative camber and not sure on the caster. Toe is pretty much 0 right now, but since we have a consitent venue, i'm going to p[lay around and see what i can come up with to get the car fully dialed. I'm also going to cornerweight the coilovers sometime very soon.

In regard to tires.. go smaller. Easier to find.. I run 225/40s stretched onto 8.5s .. also getting a lot of 225/45, and 235/40. No need to get the big ones, you will break away so much easier with the stretched sidewall and narrower tread patch.
Old 05-15-06, 06:51 PM
jmax.garage
Instructor

In regard to tires.. go smaller. Easier to find.. I run 225/40s stretched onto 8.5s .. also getting a lot of 225/45, and 235/40. No need to get the big ones, you will break away so much easier with the stretched sidewall and narrower tread patch.

I am running 225/35 on the fronrs; my rears are 9.5's so I have no clue what to get... right now i have 255/40 and took it for a little test drive last saturday night and it feels more balanced out than when I did the stock tires; for some reason 9maybe the grip) I can control the tail better with this tires- have to point up that they are used, so the grip is not that great BUT better than the new tires I had on the stock wheels. I was thinking of just leaving the alignement stock and just adjust the camber to -2.5f and -3r, maybe this will give me a bit of an edge with all the understeer the car generates when coming in too quick (remember that I have a stock engine and It's hard to correct understeer without power in the back!). So what tire size u recommend me for the rears?