GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

Wanted Opinions on Custom plate and JIC exhaust pix

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-06 | 06:58 AM
gs300pnp

Originally Posted by Abear
In Texas I have to have a CAT, other than that, I will pass emmissions, even with a turbo, as long as my A/F isnt really rich. Right now I have 1 CAT because I removed my second in place for a bigass resenator. So what Im think is after I go turbo, what Im gonna need to do is take the resenator off and put back a CAT, but I hate how loud it is with just a CAT there. I guess Im just thinkin outloud as usual, but I think that would be really cool.
I was considering a single exhaust system and was going for a 4" like how many Supras have and considered the KAZZ kit with one rear exhaust cut out. But the duals look much better.

As for chaning the A/F mixtures. my mods are extensive and keeping the engine running or starting requires some a certin A/Fmisture.

I took my orignal exhaust and we are bolting muple cats to see if this will help along with figuring out the A/F ratios. I took this car in to emmission just before tthe swap and when the technician saw my exhaust and my big wheels he look for an intercooler and also asked if the car had mods. I told him no and he popped the hood and saw nothing. Next year I'll have to go back and will likely not pass but we're sure going until then.
Old 06-25-06 | 09:16 AM
twojayzee
Lexus Champion

gs300pnp, that exhaust looks sweet. Thats the one I wanted but couldnt find it anywhere. When the GTE goes in I think im just going to do a custom again.
Old 06-25-06 | 09:39 AM
Caius
Pole Position

Originally Posted by gs300pnp
Check this out, I never seen anything like this before. And I could see any branding on it. This is on a supra, the muffler is can be swapped with different ends or left out for straight exhaust. Its also titanium.

This is the way that the RS-R Exmag GT II is, it's spring loaded so that if the exhaust pressure gets too hight it'll blow it loose rather than damaging the engine...like for instance the muffler got smashed flat or something to that extent. I'm not saying that's an RS-R Exmag GT II but it looks pretty similar to the one for the Supra listed on RS-R's site.

Oh, and for the record....the muffler has ****-All to do with emissions. It's determined by your PCV, EGR, Fuel vapor canister, catalytic converters and O2 sensors.....if one of those is bad, then you may not pass. This is mostly for Texas in the area's that they are requiring emissions checks (even though outside of Houston or Dallas they're doing it just to make money....no BS) I know as I used to be licensed to do tx state inspections....but that was just before they started doing emissions, but it is still fairly solid information.
Old 06-25-06 | 06:41 PM
gs300pnp

****-All to do with emissions. It's determined by your PCV, EGR, Fuel vapor canister, catalytic converters and O2 sensors.....if one of those is bad, then you may not pass. This is mostly for Texas

Well looks like Im not passing. PVC, EGR Fuel Vapor canister and main catalytic are all gone. I'll have to see how to get past the system next summer.

As for the other exhaust, makes sense.. That Supra has a stroked 2JZ with the HKS stroker kit and it has a giant turbo too. The car is going to be for road coarse racing. The owern is some rich doctor.
Old 06-25-06 | 08:09 PM
Caius
Pole Position

I could belive that (about the supra).

As far as emissions go, it'll depend largely on what the emissions laws are in your locality. I was speaking more in general terms concerning emissions as far as the actual reasons that you would pass or fail emissions.
Old 06-26-06 | 06:36 AM
twojayzee
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by gs300pnp
Check this out, I never seen anything like this before. And I could see any branding on it. This is on a supra, the muffler is can be swapped with different ends or left out for straight exhaust. Its also titanium.
Looks just like the JIC system
Old 07-02-06 | 01:36 AM
gsWarrior
Pole Position

i agree that you should look into putting on a body kit - the exhaust stick out and don't flow with the car