GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

Aftermarket is Aftermarket.....RIGHT?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-06, 10:37 AM
LayinLo
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket is Aftermarket.....RIGHT?

Here's whats up, Im looking for a sporty but classy body-kit, I've narrowed it down to about 3 online aftermarket sites. Where my dilemma begins is the cost, some are very affordalbe and some are not so affordable.

If I decide to go cheap I pay for it somewhere right?..Quality, fitment, and so on. BUT, what kind of quality do I get If I pay 4 geez on a kit?? I guess my question is directed to those who have already gone through this experience, Is it really worth spending more.

Yes, I love my car and Yes I plan on keeping it, but Im not the one to spend 20,000 dollars on aftermarket mods w/o some kind of reasonable budget. You feel me?
Old 06-23-06, 05:49 PM
shoaf213
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by LayinLo
Here's whats up, Im looking for a sporty but classy body-kit, I've narrowed it down to about 3 online aftermarket sites. Where my dilemma begins is the cost, some are very affordalbe and some are not so affordable.

If I decide to go cheap I pay for it somewhere right?..Quality, fitment, and so on. BUT, what kind of quality do I get If I pay 4 geez on a kit?? I guess my question is directed to those who have already gone through this experience, Is it really worth spending more.

Yes, I love my car and Yes I plan on keeping it, but Im not the one to spend 20,000 dollars on aftermarket mods w/o some kind of reasonable budget. You feel me?
Well, I had a Cyber Kit, fitment was so bad I couldn't use it, bodyman said it was the worst he'd ever seen, so I got the Veilside, and although the kit itself was much better, no pin holes, etc, the fitment still wasn't perfect....but, it was workable...it's your call
Old 06-23-06, 06:36 PM
twojayzee
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

which ones you lookin at ?
Old 06-26-06, 07:43 AM
LayinLo
Pole Position

This is what I was interested in, link. I know this one is simple but...I like it. So what do ya think

Thanks for the heads up Shoaf, One of the sites I was checkin out groundfx has that kit. Who is the manufacturer, do you know?
Old 06-26-06, 08:09 AM
twojayzee
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

This is what I was interested in, link. I know this one is simple but...I like it. So what do ya think

Thanks for the heads up Shoaf, One of the sites I was checkin out groundfx has that kit. Who is the manufacturer, do you know?
Those are alright. I didnt realize that anyone even made anything for the 1st gen still.
Theres a widebody that I have seen in the hyper rev mag that I like but I dont know what brand it is.