Search this Thread

Old 08-22-06, 11:53 AM
twojayzee
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Seize
I'm pretty sure of it
Seize, I thought I was convinced till I saw your pix. Yours are only +38mm

The +35's would stick out even more and as it is your already verrrrry low on clearance. I hate to buy them and find out they dont fit.

I wonder if you could have the WMS (wheel mount surface) turned down in a lathe ?
Old 08-22-06, 11:58 AM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by EG8
Seize, I thought I was convinced till I saw your pix. Yours are only +38mm

The +35's would stick out even more and as it is your already verrrrry low on clearance. I hate to buy them and find out they dont fit.

I wonder if you could have the WMS (wheel mount surface) turned down in a lathe ?
Remember, my wheel is 10" wide in the rear on a 285. If I assume correctly, you'll be running a 9.5 on a 275, correct? My set up is still a bit more agressive than yours.
Old 08-22-06, 12:13 PM
twojayzee
Lexus Champion

Remember, my wheel is 10" wide in the rear on a 285. If I assume correctly, you'll be running a 9.5 on a 275, correct? My set up is still a bit more agressive than yours.

True, although if im understanding correct. The Offset is taken from the center of the rim ?

Since yours are 10" and mine would be 9.5" thats a difference of mine being .25" less width than yours but also add 3mm to that because of the difference in 35-38mm. That would put me at -.25" but + .11" = minus .14" so just over an 1/8" less width than yours.

Does that make any sense at all ? Its lunch time
Old 08-22-06, 12:28 PM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Default ...

If you're still worried...here take a look at gatewaycraig's car

he's running a 10"(rear) with a +35 offset and I believe he doesn't have rolled fenders but he is running a stretched-tire set-up with a 255 in the rear

Old 08-22-06, 01:14 PM
nyARISTO
Sunroof Surfer

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by EG8
True, although if im understanding correct. The Offset is taken from the center of the rim ?

Since yours are 10" and mine would be 9.5" thats a difference of mine being .25" less width than yours but also add 3mm to that because of the difference in 35-38mm. That would put me at -.25" but + .11" = minus .14" so just over an 1/8" less width than yours.

Does that make any sense at all ? Its lunch time
WTFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!....
Did i jjust missed a freakin Math test??
Old 08-22-06, 01:22 PM
twojayzee
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by nyARISTO
WTFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!....
Did i jjust missed a freakin Math test??
LOL yea you must have gone to lunch early.

Seize, its hard to tell from that pic of gatewaycraig's car since his tires are stretched. Mine will be flush with the rim.
But I think Ill get them and see what happens.

Thanks and if anyone else has anything to add please do.
Old 08-22-06, 04:39 PM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Originally Posted by EG8
LOL yea you must have gone to lunch early.

Seize, its hard to tell from that pic of gatewaycraig's car since his tires are stretched. Mine will be flush with the rim.
But I think Ill get them and see what happens.

Thanks and if anyone else has anything to add please do.
Don't forget to post pics!
Old 08-22-06, 05:10 PM
Wald GS
O.C. Lucky Strike Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by EG8
Heres a pic of mine
You don't have negative camber thats why it looks flush. In reality the lower the car is, the more negative camber appears and you will realize that it will become less flush and you can go lower. When I raised my car 3 inches before I had the whole car painted, the front and rear was very flush.

Try this, have a few of your friends sit on the trunk of your car while the lid is up. Have 3 more people sit in the back seat of your car while you are on the driveway. You will see the tire go in the fender well and then take a ruler to measure how much room you have left, that will tell you how much lower offset you can go.
Old 08-22-06, 07:20 PM
twojayzee
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by LexAristo
You don't have negative camber thats why it looks flush. In reality the lower the car is, the more negative camber appears and you will realize that it will become less flush and you can go lower. When I raised my car 3 inches before I had the whole car painted, the front and rear was very flush.

Try this, have a few of your friends sit on the trunk of your car while the lid is up. Have 3 more people sit in the back seat of your car while you are on the driveway. You will see the tire go in the fender well and then take a ruler to measure how much room you have left, that will tell you how much lower offset you can go.
Lex, I modified my lower control and radius arms in the rear and the x-member in the front. Thats why the rims are flush even with it being as low as it is. The rear sits at -.012 degress and the front at -.75 camber
This is why im paying so much attention to the offset since I want the wheels stright up and down.

And you still didnt say...whos the hot girl ?
Old 08-23-06, 04:20 PM
plkyone
Lead Lap

hope this will help some heres a offset calculator -> http://www.1010tires.com/WheelOffsetCalculator.asp
Old 08-26-06, 11:20 PM
twojayzee
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by plkyone
hope this will help some heres a offset calculator -> http://www.1010tires.com/WheelOffsetCalculator.asp
Thanks man. I was just looking at that this morning. It confirmed my thoughts.
Going with the size I want in the offset thats avail is going to push it further out by 11mm.
Old 10-07-07, 06:46 AM
Johnjohn13
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you're still worried...here take a look at gatewaycraig's car

he's running a 10"(rear) with a +35 offset and I believe he doesn't have rolled fenders but he is running a stretched-tire set-up with a 255 in the rear

Sieze - This is the look I'm going for. Any more detailed info on width, offset (front and rear) and tire sizes? Thanks in advance.
Old 10-07-07, 07:15 AM
Kaiser
Racer

I have 10" with 34 offset in the rear. With Dunlop 275/35/18's no rub. With my new BFG Gforce 275/35/18 they rub. Same size written on the side of the tire but different results.
Old 10-07-07, 07:26 AM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Originally Posted by Johnjohn13
Sieze - This is the look I'm going for. Any more detailed info on width, offset (front and rear) and tire sizes? Thanks in advance.
All that info is in this thread

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...ght=work+rezax
Old 10-07-07, 07:31 AM
Johnjohn13
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks!

Oh wow, didn't think they were 20's. I think I will stick with 19's. I wonder if the 19's with the same sizes can pull off the same look and most of all avoid the fender mods.

Last edited by Johnjohn13; 10-07-07 at 07:41 AM.

Quick Reply: Wheel offsets again