GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

Foglights

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-06, 09:25 PM
IOWNALEXUS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Foglights

well i have 2 parts to this question, first of all id like to run my fogs without the headlights being on (markers only) , i tried to search for this but only found info. on it for a second gen. , anyone have a link to a step by step for a first gen GS? if not has anyone done it and can point me in the right direction?? i previously owned a supra and it was the same way, but there was an writeup and i got it done pretty easy.

Also id like to know if there are any yellow fogs for our car, i know the ES models had them, and also from being in the supra community the JDM cars had yellow inner lenses on the fogs and used a clear bulb (shined bright yellow) is there anything like this for our cars??? if not i may try to make some out of some JDM supra fogs somehow, and if that doesnt work i guess ill just have to get HID's for it.
Old 08-28-06, 10:56 AM
gsWarrior
Pole Position

I don't think I've seen anyone here running the foglights only but i'd assume it'd be similar to the 2nd Gen GS's set up.

As for yellow fogs, a couple members have modified the 1st Gen IS or 2nd Gen GS fogs to fit. I also think the JDM aristo fogs are yellow but I could be wrong.
Old 08-28-06, 10:49 PM
Lexus Boy
Lead Lap

go with the hid fogs 3000k
Old 08-29-06, 07:41 PM
IOWNALEXUS
Lexus Test Driver

well i guess no one on here has done it, so when i get some xtra time im gonna try to figure it out on my own, i really like the look of running the fogs without the headlights and also i hate that the fogs cut off when the high beams are on.
Old 08-30-06, 10:10 AM
Kstyle55
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you find out how to get the fogs to work when the headlights arent on post the directions
Old 09-01-06, 06:35 AM
okiaristo
Pole Position

Originally Posted by vipguy
as for jdm having YELLOW foglights, thats a misconception. the JDM ones are still white as well..
mine are yellow and very stock but i have seen others that have white but they have replaced the bulbes. mine also stay on by themselves with their own switch on the headlight stalk. i dont know why the us spec would be too different, i am sure it is just rewireing the swithed input going into the relay. a simple sounding job if you know where the relay is.
Old 09-01-06, 02:20 PM
gs300pnp

I believe Bryan had yellow ones before.
Old 09-05-06, 01:39 PM
Kstyle55
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it looks like he has the JDM bumper which come with yellow fogs from factory in japan.
Old 09-05-06, 10:56 PM
Wald GS
O.C. Lucky Strike Fanatic

My JDM fogs are yellow because the housing itself is yellow. I liked yellow so much I had aerotect put yellow clearbra film on the fogs.
Old 09-07-06, 06:25 PM
IOWNALEXUS
Lexus Test Driver

anyone on here have or know where i can locate a wiring diagram?? i will be attempting to re-wire the fogs this weekend (as long as weather is ok) and id like to at least have somewhere to start on it. if i make any discoveries i will be sure to post, ideally id like a u.s. diagram and a jdm diagram(or front clip) so i can compare them and possibly convert it.
Old 09-09-06, 03:10 PM
plkyone
Lead Lap

Default Its DONE!!!!!

Originally Posted by INEEDANSC3
anyone on here have or know where i can locate a wiring diagram?? i will be attempting to re-wire the fogs this weekend (as long as weather is ok) and id like to at least have somewhere to start on it. if i make any discoveries i will be sure to post, ideally id like a u.s. diagram and a jdm diagram(or front clip) so i can compare them and possibly convert it.
Ok to have your fogs come on anytime and turn on and off with the factory switch on the drivers side left kick panel there is the foglight relay all you have to do is give the relay power when you turn the ignition on originally it only give the relay power when the headlights are turned on. It is a pain to get to but it is a snap to do i used a ignition power souce that was powering another relay just make sure that you solder the connection cause u dont want to have to go back there . if u guys need any help i am here for ya
Old 09-09-06, 04:01 PM
IOWNALEXUS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by plkyone
Ok to have your fogs come on anytime and turn on and off with the factory switch on the drivers side left kick panel there is the foglight relay all you have to do is give the relay power when you turn the ignition on originally it only give the relay power when the headlights are turned on. It is a pain to get to but it is a snap to do i used a ignition power souce that was powering another relay just make sure that you solder the connection cause u dont want to have to go back there . if u guys need any help i am here for ya

The wire you are talking about, is it a signal wire or a current wire?? if its just a signal then id like to tap into the marker lights and run them that way, if however its a major current draw i wouldnt want to do that because im not wanting to burn anything up right now.
Old 09-09-06, 04:39 PM
plkyone
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by INEEDANSC3
The wire you are talking about, is it a signal wire or a current wire?? if its just a signal then id like to tap into the marker lights and run them that way, if however its a major current draw i wouldnt want to do that because im not wanting to burn anything up right now.

No it is a signal wire not the current wire, signal from the headlights. well doing it by the relay i think is easier just one connection and if u want to run it with the park lights all u have to do is leave the fog switch on and turn on your parks!!!!
Old 09-09-06, 11:51 PM
jdmARIST0
Driver School Candidate

sorry but im not really understandin this but im interested in this fog lite ting to is there any other way of explainin it? sorry
Old 09-10-06, 06:04 PM
IOWNALEXUS
Lexus Test Driver

ok i got-r-done, it was a major pain in the a$$ but now i have yellow JDM style fogs that come on without the headlights being on (markers only) Theres still one problem though, the fogs cut off when the high beams come on, oh well i guess im either gonna have to deal with it or go back in there someday and try to figure it out.

Quick Reply: Foglights