GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

DYNO updates

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-06 | 05:03 PM
gs300pnp

Default DYNO updates

Updates with progress:

Car is all assembled now, from the outside it looks just like a plain GS300 so not much to see there. It is lowered and with the 18x10 and 18.9's they tuck under really nice. Perfect fit no rolled fenders. Pics will come.

As for 19x10's, little problem... I'll need to pull the rear fenders and front fender and may have to grind down the wheels hub a bit to make it tuck under the wheel wells just right and not change the body lines to much. Slightly noticeable I hope.

More tricks to the inside, on the dash your P.R.N.D.1.2 now lights up corresponding with the gear you're in on the SP400. Also tricked out to light up when its time to shift to the next gear. Remembers it’s only a three speed with no OD and I'm running a Midwest TC @ 4500 rpm stall. It will take some handling on the street. Its like the old V8's you drop into gear and it just wants to blast off. My TRAC button is now the trans brake!

Now the dyno....

Base boost is 9.5 psi to get the turbo spooling. No special timing and fuel MAPS yet, still need to get everything seated and also find all leaks and fix them. New TRD LSD was just installed yesterday. The ARISTO Torsen LSD had just enough play that I didn't want to chance it at this stage.

Today, 484rwhp @ 15psi was achieved and that’s after noticing the parking brakes were engaging. Tuning stopped there to identify the issue, also stopped there to fix any leaks at discovered at 15psi. I’m sure there will be more leaks to uncover as boost is increased.

Other tid-bits...

My setup will only allow me to go up to 30psi and that’s pushing the HKSGTII to its potential limits. To get more boosts, I'd have to change to a smaller wastegate. The workaround to squeeze more rwhp is NOS. I want to stay away from this for now. Just want to get on the record books for self-gratification. My overall objective is for this sedan to break 10's. Its a heavy car getting into the 10's will be satisfying.

Speculative max rwhp with the loss due to the SP400 is expected to be 800 rwhp. That’s on race gas! I’d be satisfied with 500hps, that’s plenty for daily driver. There was someone who posted a dyno chart for a JDM Aristo that made 900hps. Not being able to decipher katakana script and not having any luck with the English translation of the text, can’t say what mod’s the car had. Anyone have that link? I have someone who can translate it for me now.

That’s it for now.
Old 11-13-06 | 07:40 PM
Epik
Lexus Champion

Very nice, waiting to see pics of her done and crouching. You will grow bored of "only 500hp" LOL.. all the Supra guys do. Me, I'm ready for my tranny swap to turn up the wick.. 375 is fast but ..meh.. when my twins can pull off 600s why wait?

SP does an awesome job, both in their work and customer service..one of the hardest areas to please.
Old 11-13-06 | 07:56 PM
LEXSOOS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by gs300pnp
Updates with progress:

Car is all assembled now, from the outside it looks just like a plain GS300 so not much to see there. It is lowered and with the 18x10 and 18.9's they tuck under really nice. Perfect fit no rolled fenders. Pics will come.

As for 19x10's, little problem... I'll need to pull the rear fenders and front fender and may have to grind down the wheels hub a bit to make it tuck under the wheel wells just right and not change the body lines to much. Slightly noticeable I hope.

More tricks to the inside, on the dash your P.R.N.D.1.2 now lights up corresponding with the gear you're in on the SP400. Also tricked out to light up when its time to shift to the next gear. Remembers it’s only a three speed with no OD and I'm running a Midwest TC @ 4500 rpm stall. It will take some handling on the street. Its like the old V8's you drop into gear and it just wants to blast off. My TRAC button is now the trans brake!

Now the dyno....

Base boost is 9.5 psi to get the turbo spooling. No special timing and fuel MAPS yet, still need to get everything seated and also find all leaks and fix them. New TRD LSD was just installed yesterday. The ARISTO Torsen LSD had just enough play that I didn't want to chance it at this stage.

Today, 484rwhp @ 15psi was achieved and that’s after noticing the parking brakes were engaging. Tuning stopped there to identify the issue, also stopped there to fix any leaks at discovered at 15psi. I’m sure there will be more leaks to uncover as boost is increased.

Other tid-bits...

My setup will only allow me to go up to 30psi and that’s pushing the HKSGTII to its potential limits. To get more boosts, I'd have to change to a smaller wastegate. The workaround to squeeze more rwhp is NOS. I want to stay away from this for now. Just want to get on the record books for self-gratification. My overall objective is for this sedan to break 10's. Its a heavy car getting into the 10's will be satisfying.

Speculative max rwhp with the loss due to the SP400 is expected to be 800 rwhp. That’s on race gas! I’d be satisfied with 500hps, that’s plenty for daily driver. There was someone who posted a dyno chart for a JDM Aristo that made 900hps. Not being able to decipher katakana script and not having any luck with the English translation of the text, can’t say what mod’s the car had. Anyone have that link? I have someone who can translate it for me now.

That’s it for now.
Is that silver/blue'ish GS i've seen 2-3 months ago during dyno day at SP, hmmm, if yes? than it didn't look like what it is now, it looks great
Old 11-13-06 | 08:45 PM
gs300pnp

Epik you're right many MKIV's want more after 500hps in fact many today go for 1000hps and many more want 1200-1350hp's That’s insane for streets! Also reliability starts to become a potential for issue.

Lexoos that was the one! Just think, if I left it looking bone stock with the stock wheels.... (Actually thought about this) I'll keep the stock look for now, this was a bank buster !!! If you're thinking about doing something like this... do it before you get married! It will be easier....LOL .
Old 11-13-06 | 11:03 PM
Epik
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by gs300pnp
Epik you're right many MKIV's want more after 500hps in fact many today go for 1000hps and many more want 1200-1350hp's That’s insane for streets! Also reliability starts to become a potential for issue.
yea, time spent over on SF is getting crazy.. 1200rwhp 3.4l monsters everywhere.. street driven. I'll be happy with my top of the 600s..occasionally. i only run around at just under 400 now and i'm craving for more. It's just a simple 70.00 part (BCC) away from turning it up and sending my stock auto tranny packing.

... Just think, if I left it looking bone stock with the stock wheels WIDENED BY THREE INCHES (Actually thought about this) ....LOL .
fixed that for you.