GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

Aristo Powah new dyno #s

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-06, 04:25 PM
Epik
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Aristo Powah new dyno #s

Went back to the dyno today after running disappointing #s last Thursday. Took a roadtrip this weekend to the Drift Fury 4 event in Atlanta and found the problem. Believe it or not, my rear wheel alignment was sucking up over 50whp and 70tq b/c of the tires scrubbing. I figured this out b/c I lost almost 100 miles off a tank of gas (usually get 375 on this same trip, this time I got barely 300) and the rear wheel wells and rear bumper were covered in tire dust by the time I got there.

I run a very aggressive toe in in the rear, and boy was it hurting me. I re-aligned the rear toe to stock specs for the trip home, found my lost mileage and the car just felt like it rolled smoother. As i thought, it made a big difference in power too.

The proof is in the #s.. both at 14psi, stock GTE, K26 twins
Old #s from Thursdays pass 292whp, 247 tq
new #s from today 354whp 343tq

A/F is still little rich for this motor and that boost..running sub 12:1 the whole way across...at least it is safe

I'm happy. She pulls like a beast, breaking traction at part throttle from 8psi on up.

Now for that GReddy BCC so I can turn it up and bring these turbos to life.
Old 11-22-06, 04:52 PM
Abear
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

freakin sweet man, congrats on the numbers!
Old 11-22-06, 10:39 PM
Epik
Lexus Champion

thanks Jacob. And just think, in all those pics i posted, it wasnt even making 300rwhp.
Old 11-23-06, 01:17 PM
Abear
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Epik
thanks Jacob. And just think, in all those pics i posted, it wasnt even making 300rwhp.
Thats crazy man. That first post I made in this thread, I just skimmed through to see the numbers, course they were in bold so it made it pretty easy. I didnt even realize your tires were so messed up.
I wish we lived closer so I could see what a 350hp GS feels like.
Old 11-26-06, 01:54 PM
teezlr
Rookie

stock fuel pump and injectors? Did you custom make a manifold to fit these turbos?
Old 11-26-06, 05:52 PM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

Looks like you're pulling some very good #'s ...and to think, just by adjusting something as minor as the toe, you'd be able to free up that much power. That's amazing
Old 11-26-06, 07:48 PM
Epik
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by teezlr
stock fuel pump and injectors? Did you custom make a manifold to fit these turbos?
255 walbro in-tank fuel pump, stock JDM 440s, sard adjustable fuel pressure regulator.

Yes, I made the whole setup.. manifold, intercooler piping, downpipes and exhaust.

it's been posted before, but here is my setup.
Old 11-26-06, 09:24 PM
Abear
Lexus Test Driver

Looks so clean!
Old 11-27-06, 08:46 AM
Epik
Lexus Champion

here is my dyno sheet..

Last edited by Epik; 11-28-06 at 05:17 PM. Reason: clearer copy of dyno sheet
Old 11-27-06, 11:42 AM
Kaiser
Racer

what I notice right away is how nice and rich your graph is at tip in compared to mine. Also, the difference in power between 2nd and 3rd gear is very different. I think there was like an 8hp difference in mine and 60hp in yours. You also had the brain for the sniffer pretty close to the tail pipe as there is very little delay in the lean spike for the shift. See if you can get the winpep files so I can overlay them. I'll try to get down and redyno at 17psi.
Old 11-27-06, 09:33 PM
Epik
Lexus Champion

i dont use a sniffer (o2 sensor) like you normally see.. we have a copper 1/4" tube about 3' long and run it up the exhaust as far as you can get it. in mine it goes pretty far, so i dont have to account for much variance in o2 readout.

on another note.. worked on the car today.. fixed a few things, coilpack wire (clip snapped off.. thankfully i had a spare harness) and i swapped in the Champions. I was taking a small roadtrip with a friend tonight to NC so I figured it would give me a chance to check it out and hopefully it killed the mis-fire i was getting pulling thru 3rd. GRRR. When i pulled the NGKs they were actually all at .028".. i thought i put them at .030" but i guess not. I have had conversations with people from SF that are in the know, and they insisted that the Champions could hold a .035" gap without misfire. Not on my car So tomorrow i'll pull the plugs again.. i think i'll try a .032 gap.. and then go beat on it to see if it holds out.
Old 11-27-06, 09:37 PM
Epik
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Kaiser
w See if you can get the winpep files so I can overlay them. I'll try to get down and redyno at 17psi.
i may get back to the dyno this week with the racecar i'm working on. if i go i'll take a disc for my runs and then download winpep to play with it.

i think i'm going to drop in the usdm cams one day this week and tweak the cam gears to see if i can pull 370 out of her at 14psi... i always do this. i tune and tune and tune to wring out the most hp i can at a certain boost level instead of just turning her up..LOL Last time i did that was years ago with an AEM on a guys Civic Si turbo.. ended up at 343fwhp at 10psi.. and it was a built block too.. LOL
Old 11-28-06, 04:52 PM
teezlr
Rookie

So do you think the stock injectors need more fuel pressure at that hp level? I am just curious because I don't want to run lean when I install my BCC. I am BPU on the JDM 2jz.
Old 11-28-06, 05:23 PM
Epik
Lexus Champion

no, you will have plenty of fuel to run past the safe limit on the JDM ceramic turbos...especially since the person that swapped your car surely added a 255 walbro or tt supra pump. the JDM 440s usually flow test to average 480cc's

i wouldnt go over 18 psi on pump (93) gas though.. and i surely wouldnt go over 1 bar (14 psi) on the jdm ceramic turbos.

I updated the dyno sheet to a clearer copy for all you guys. Right now I'm in the middle of swapping out the JDM intake cam for the USDM 6 speed cam. Increases duration by 9* and lift by .33mm.. these are small gains to be sure, but i had the cams laying around. I'll post another dyno when i go back..prob later this week.
Old 11-28-06, 09:26 PM
Epik
Lexus Champion

okay, the USDM cam is in. Champions are gapped to .032" now. AND.. it's raining and foggy as hell.

I still took it around the block to get the ecu synced up again and relearn. I tried to jump on it a bit, but on the wet road i cant get past 10psi before the back end wants to step out..even at 60-70 mph. That is a good sign, but it also shows you how bald my rear tires are..LOL

Tomorrow is another day

Quick Reply: Aristo Powah new dyno #s