zazzn
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=407753
Old 12-26-06, 09:09 AM
nyARISTO
Sunroof Surfer

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

there's a guy on here from the UK and he has a 6spd swap search for him i forgot his screen name on here but he's from the uk
Old 01-09-07, 09:24 PM
yesca
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi I'm new here and have been looking around for info on a 5 speed swap for the 1st gen gs300 and this is the closest that I've found. I am wondering what parts do I need to do this or has anyone done it before. I want to know what clutch pedal, clutch,transmission, and drive shaft is needed for this swap. Thanks in advance for any info that you guys can provide.
Old 01-09-07, 09:47 PM
nakedterro
Driver

Couple of things that may help - the JDM 6 speed Supra from 97 onwards came with the smaller A series diff, the same as found in the Aristo. The non turbo JZA80 Supra in Japan also came with the option of a 6 speed in the 97 model onwards, which also ran the smaller A series diff housing - the tailshafts from both of these models SHOULD allow you to run the getrag 6 speed with the standard A02* diff in your Aristo - the only issue may be the length of the tailshaft - I can't say for sure whether the length will be identical, however given the similarities from Soarer to Supra to Aristo in many other respects, I wouldn't be surprised.

Gives you guys considering manual swaps something to think about.

My recommendation on the W58 box is - unless you drive like a granny, don't touch it. I know guys here who have done the NA-T to their 5 speed JZA80 and gone through 3 W58 boxes.

Otherwise - plenty of guys in Australia have swapped to the bigger B series diff in their Soarer - it was a fair bit of work, but if it can be accomplished in a Soarer, I can't see why it can't be done in an Aristo
Old 01-26-07, 05:09 AM
DBaristo
Driver

Originally Posted by nyARISTO
there's a guy on here from the UK and he has a 6spd swap search for him i forgot his screen name on here but he's from the uk
That would indeed be me. I sold that car a year ago now as my mrs just couldn't get on with the heavy clutch. I have though still got a pedal box and master cylinder from a mk4 supra sitting in my garage. Getrags over in the UK retail at £600-1000. I think the junkyards in Japan though are probably your best bet. Someone also told me that some versions of the skyline had a getrag box in it how much truth there is in that I don't know. As far as the drive shaft goes AFAIR it looked like a stock toyota affair. Mine had a drift spec adjustable LSD in it so I can't help with that info. The tunnel needed a little adjustment on mine and the whole area re-trimming around the gear area. Also to consider is fitment of a handbrake. Mine had it mounted in the same place as a supra, with a supra handbrake lever retro-fitted.

If I can be of anymore help email me on bryanpkeenan@hotmail.com
Old 01-26-07, 06:59 AM
twojayzee
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DBaristo
That would indeed be me. I sold that car a year ago now as my mrs just couldn't get on with the heavy clutch. I have though still got a pedal box and master cylinder from a mk4 supra sitting in my garage. Getrags over in the UK retail at £600-1000. I think the junkyards in Japan though are probably your best bet. Someone also told me that some versions of the skyline had a getrag box in it how much truth there is in that I don't know. As far as the drive shaft goes AFAIR it looked like a stock toyota affair. Mine had a drift spec adjustable LSD in it so I can't help with that info. The tunnel needed a little adjustment on mine and the whole area re-trimming around the gear area. Also to consider is fitment of a handbrake. Mine had it mounted in the same place as a supra, with a supra handbrake lever retro-fitted.

If I can be of anymore help email me on bryanpkeenan@hotmail.com

Do you have any pix of the car ?
Old 01-26-07, 06:07 PM
DBaristo
Driver

Yup

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=188136