GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

My front drivers side tire is rubbing... why?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-06, 05:27 PM
Chin
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default My front drivers side tire is rubbing... why?

I have a bone stock 2003 GS300 SportDesign. For some reason, when I hit a dip in the road going highway speeds or exit a sloped driveway, or make a hard left turn my front frivers side wheel is making contact with the plastic fender liner? It was making so much contact the other day that the plastic actually started smoking. It came back from the dealer, but of course the dealer said everything is within spec (including tires) and the ride height is correct. The only thing they are going to do is order a replacement fender liner. I'm sure it will rub when the new liner gets put on... this is pissing me off.

Anyone have this issue?
Old 01-05-07, 09:23 AM
dilemma
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chin
I have a bone stock 2003 GS300 SportDesign. For some reason, when I hit a dip in the road going highway speeds or exit a sloped driveway, or make a hard left turn my front frivers side wheel is making contact with the plastic fender liner? It was making so much contact the other day that the plastic actually started smoking. It came back from the dealer, but of course the dealer said everything is within spec (including tires) and the ride height is correct. The only thing they are going to do is order a replacement fender liner. I'm sure it will rub when the new liner gets put on... this is pissing me off.

Anyone have this issue?
i would check your struts if its still good. most likely the struts are already blown. yoiu can jack up the car and check all the suspension components. check bothe sides and compare. if you see something thats messed up change it but i would take off the driver side strut and check if its blown or still good. hope this helps and gl