GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

Help: Jdm Window Visors

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-07, 11:25 AM
BKzSC400
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Help: Jdm Window Visors

HEY i just picked up a set.. but im kinda confused about those lil brackets..where do they go? can someone please show me how to install?? also i see the foam part is all hard n coroded.. should i take it off and use some doubleface foam tape?(which and where to get?) help please!!
Old 02-06-07, 11:51 AM
SlowGS300
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

window vents or visors? i wanna set bad. =[ whered you get theem from?
Old 02-06-07, 12:44 PM
BKzSC400
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by SlowGS300
window vents or visors? i wanna set bad. =[ whered you get theem from?
got them off ebay. same as

these..https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=215089
Old 02-06-07, 12:46 PM
antbo
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the brackets go inbetween the rubber seal and the window frame. it locks on the window rame
Old 02-06-07, 12:47 PM
j stuff
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

^ +1 that is correct
Old 02-06-07, 08:48 PM
voltaire
Driver

Thumbs up

I just finished installing mine.. my intstructions were in japanese so I had to follow the pictures. Because I didnt take pictures it maybe hard to explain..

Remember that you are tucking all the brackets within the outer rubber lining of the window frame by pulling them out.. window should all be open during installation. The brackets should fit easily.

anyways you should have a total of 4 brackets for each side of the car... 2 for the front and 2 for the back..

4 of these brackets looks like the letter 'T'.( 2 with long arms and 2 with short arms)

From what I remember, the long armed 'T' is to be placed on the left side(when facing the window) of the front window.

The shorter armed 'T' is to be placed on the left side(again, when facing the window) of the back window.

You have another bracket that is bended in a weird way and has a dbl sided tape on it. This bracket would go onthe right side of the rear window. Note: you have to open your back door because this bracket is tucked in from the side of the door frame and not the inside like you would do with the other brackets.

This leaves you with one last bracket. This goes in the front window of the right side.

All you have to do now is place your visors to the window frame and allign the holes of the visor and brackets. If they are not alligned, adjust your brackets.

The best way to allign them is to pull the ends of the dbl sided tape and stick them on the window frame. Then when everything is adjusted pul the peel the tape from the inside and stick.

Hope this helps.
Old 02-06-07, 08:51 PM
voltaire
Driver

Talking

Oh by the way, teh little washers are the ones that acts as the lock when you place the bolt in teh holes of the bracket and visor.

I hope you have the same looking brackets.
Old 02-06-07, 11:00 PM
SlowGS300
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by BKzSC400
i only see them for 98+ never for the 1st gens. am i missing something?
Old 02-07-07, 03:27 AM
DBaristo
Driver

Yikes man I think them things are nasty, thats why I ripped mine off. They whistle really badly at speed and don't really achieve a great deal, lets face it who drives with their windows open an inch when they have climate control???
Old 02-07-07, 08:27 AM
BKzSC400
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by DBaristo
Yikes man I think them things are nasty, thats why I ripped mine off. They whistle really badly at speed and don't really achieve a great deal, lets face it who drives with their windows open an inch when they have climate control???
well if ur a smoker... these are the best creations for a car... good for those rainy/snowy days
Old 02-07-07, 08:28 AM
BKzSC400
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by voltaire
I just finished installing mine.. my intstructions were in japanese so I had to follow the pictures. Because I didnt take pictures it maybe hard to explain..

Remember that you are tucking all the brackets within the outer rubber lining of the window frame by pulling them out.. window should all be open during installation. The brackets should fit easily.

anyways you should have a total of 4 brackets for each side of the car... 2 for the front and 2 for the back..

4 of these brackets looks like the letter 'T'.( 2 with long arms and 2 with short arms)

From what I remember, the long armed 'T' is to be placed on the left side(when facing the window) of the front window.

The shorter armed 'T' is to be placed on the left side(again, when facing the window) of the back window.

You have another bracket that is bended in a weird way and has a dbl sided tape on it. This bracket would go onthe right side of the rear window. Note: you have to open your back door because this bracket is tucked in from the side of the door frame and not the inside like you would do with the other brackets.

This leaves you with one last bracket. This goes in the front window of the right side.

All you have to do now is place your visors to the window frame and allign the holes of the visor and brackets. If they are not alligned, adjust your brackets.

The best way to allign them is to pull the ends of the dbl sided tape and stick them on the window frame. Then when everything is adjusted pul the peel the tape from the inside and stick.

Hope this helps.
yes their the same ones you got... each visor has 2 brackets..
THANKS FOR YOUR ADVICE!!!
Old 02-07-07, 04:32 PM
DBaristo
Driver

Originally Posted by BKzSC400
well if ur a smoker... these are the best creations for a car... good for those rainy/snowy days
Ah there you have it. My biggest pet hate. Why anyone would soil a vehicle that they love and enjoy with the rank odour of cigarette smoke I will never know. You wouldn't p*ss in your car no matter how bad you needed to go so why smoke in it? Most journeys take less than an hour. Why do people feel the need to light a small fire inside their car in that time? My ex wife managed to burn a hole in my freshly retrimmed seats within a week of me having them, needless to say I went ballistic, I almost broke her fingers for her so she couldn't smoke again. Complete lack of any self control in my opinion. If thats the only reason you need to adorn an otherwise sleek looking vehicle with naff looking plastic then I should rename these items cancer sticks of death all weather mobility enabling wind deflectors.
Old 02-08-07, 09:16 AM
BKzSC400
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by DBaristo
Ah there you have it. My biggest pet hate. Why anyone would soil a vehicle that they love and enjoy with the rank odour of cigarette smoke I will never know. You wouldn't p*ss in your car no matter how bad you needed to go so why smoke in it? Most journeys take less than an hour. Why do people feel the need to light a small fire inside their car in that time? My ex wife managed to burn a hole in my freshly retrimmed seats within a week of me having them, needless to say I went ballistic, I almost broke her fingers for her so she couldn't smoke again. Complete lack of any self control in my opinion. If thats the only reason you need to adorn an otherwise sleek looking vehicle with naff looking plastic then I should rename these items cancer sticks of death all weather mobility enabling wind deflectors.
sounds great! you can call them wutever u want... everyone has thier own opinions!