GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

what do you guys think?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-07, 03:29 AM
faceoff101
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post what do you guys think?

ok i was thinking on going on a swap from my 2jzge to the gte but ive done alot of reading and decided to stick with the stock and mod it up NA/T i have a 93 black on beige with 185,000 well i was wondering how this set up would look good and also if you guys can recomend on me doing any preping before i start this project any help will be taken seriously thanks.

here are the mods i have in mind that i searched all over supraforum club na-t and of course my home here

Front Mount Intercooler (24x12x4)

for manifold needed Toyomoto <<

T67 Turbo (Dave H)

Apexi S-AFC2

HKS VPC

Turbo Oil Line Kit (Dave H)

Tial 44mm External Wastegate

HKS Super Sequential Blow Off Valve

HKS Aluminum Flange

Walbro 255LPH Fuel Pump

525cc Injectors w/ Plugs (Dave H)

K&N 4” Filter

3” Aluminum I/C Piping

Boost Logic 2.5mm Head Gasket

ARP Head Studs (Under Cut)

im very concerned on the manifold part because of the distrbuter is there any other manifold that can bypass this or do i have to hack the manifold to make this work? i may be also looking for some one to install this project since i work full time any one know of a place or if someone know of making this project work pmme with price quote im from nj
Old 03-21-07, 08:01 AM
Kaiser
Racer

You haven't factored in how your GE trans is going to handle the power of a T67.
Old 03-21-07, 08:51 AM
faceoff101
Driver

what would you recomend and also if there are mistakes on my list correct me i want to do this one time and one time only next time i touch my engine is for a swap
Old 03-21-07, 09:56 AM
Abear
Lexus Test Driver

Im not sure, but I think the DaveH turbos are for his kit, and his kit comes with a manifold that has a buick style flange. Like I said, Im not 100% sure of this, but if thats the case, then the T67 from DaveH wont fit the toyo manifold, and anyway, the toyo manifold is made for IS300 so it wont clear the dizzy. Like Kaiser said, the 93-95 tranny cant handle more than 325 at the wheels without slamming against the rev limiter when shifting. I think the 67 will be over kill depending on how much power your looking for, if you want somewhere in the low 300-320 range, just go with the T61, it will get you there at 8-10 psi and have a little quicker spool than the 67. But, if your planning on upgrading the tranny and I can see that your getting the 2.5 headgasket, then stick with the 67 and just aim for like 400whp.
Old 03-21-07, 12:11 PM
faceoff101
Driver

thanks abear for the input i read in the supra forum you can get 300~350 at the wheel easy with the na/t without doing a tranny swap is there anyone that has done this in my area nj ny and if yes who did the installation and you are right about it is the t61 i also might want to do the heads im not sure 100% if i find someone out here swapping a 2jzgte i might go that route for a good price but like i stated before i don't have no space to work on cars myself and the time i dont have neither, with work and family. Engine already has 185,000 im not sure if it would be a good idea to go ahead with the turbo i havent found a post with anyone with my milage doing it and if it has happen and if some one has a link to read up on it ill apreciate it i just want to have everything ready just in case it can happen with no problem
Old 03-21-07, 09:11 PM
MIC123321
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

there's a guy with a sc300 with high horses and he said that he had over 200,000 on his engine on the club na-t site. Also, even if the engine some how holds up, your tranny with that many miles on it might not hold up for long.
Old 03-22-07, 10:44 AM
faceoff101
Driver

so i shouldnt go turbo then untill i get a clean tranny is what your saying?
Old 03-22-07, 12:19 PM
Abear
Lexus Test Driver

You can, just dont push the power yet. Also, get a tranny cooler, it will help out alot.
Old 03-22-07, 01:09 PM
nyARISTO
Sunroof Surfer

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Abear
Im not sure, but I think the DaveH turbos are for his kit, and his kit comes with a manifold that has a buick style flange. Like I said, Im not 100% sure of this, but if thats the case, then the T67 from DaveH wont fit the toyo manifold, and anyway, the toyo manifold is made for IS300 so it wont clear the dizzy. Like Kaiser said, the 93-95 tranny cant handle more than 325 at the wheels without slamming against the rev limiter when shifting. I think the 67 will be over kill depending on how much power your looking for, if you want somewhere in the low 300-320 range, just go with the T61, it will get you there at 8-10 psi and have a little quicker spool than the 67. But, if your planning on upgrading the tranny and I can see that your getting the 2.5 headgasket, then stick with the 67 and just aim for like 400whp.
185k depends how much u really wanna do but ummm i think ur ok for it just keep boost low til u redo internals.... but u really dont unless ur going for 15psi, on T67 thats close to 380-390 depending on fuel... and abear ... as long as its a t4 flange hes good non of them fit they're all for VVT-i motors but to get around it u have to reclock the flange..
and as for tranny everyone is diff. i know for a fact that w58's good for 400+ and aliga with his auto stock tranny blew at 490rwhp and thats 22-23psi on a 61.. but tranny cooler would help a little.
Old 03-22-07, 01:12 PM
nyARISTO
Sunroof Surfer

you can allways miss-match manifolds. my manifold is for VVT-i and i didnt even clock it. i have open turbo and sits infront of the distributor

Faceoff im in NY and have installed dosen true turbo's ask around NELOC about me CHECK THREADs... recent turbo install was done in fellow friend and CL mod GSOUP
Old 03-22-07, 01:48 PM
GSoup
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Go for it

As Tony (NYARisto) stated I'm rolling in a GS VVti NA-T with a T-61 turbo. We nstalled it ourselves. You should be able to mismatch manifolds. Tony is running a T61 in his 1st gen GS just like I am. There's another member here thats SC NA-T and he's running a T67 and i believe he has 160K on his motor.

FaceOff we're having a meet on sunday at Carnarsie Piers in brooklyn. Maybe you should come thorugh if you can and check out the rides out here. There are several NA-T cars that are going to be there.

here's the post.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...=268315&page=6
Old 03-22-07, 09:57 PM
2turbo4u
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by GSoup
Go for it

As Tony (NYARisto) stated I'm rolling in a GS VVti NA-T with a T-61 turbo. We nstalled it ourselves. You should be able to mismatch manifolds. Tony is running a T61 in his 1st gen GS just like I am. There's another member here thats SC NA-T and he's running a T67 and i believe he has 160K on his motor.

FaceOff we're having a meet on sunday at Carnarsie Piers in brooklyn. Maybe you should come thorugh if you can and check out the rides out here. There are several NA-T cars that are going to be there.

here's the post.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...=268315&page=6
Why it has to be this weekend, if it was last weekend I would've drove up to BK from Philly to show and meet some of you
Old 03-23-07, 05:53 AM
faceoff101
Driver

i might go to this meet sounds very intresting lol man i broke nights reading up on this so many diffrent views and some confusing to understand.thank you guys for helping and posting.
Old 03-23-07, 09:10 PM
nyARISTO
Sunroof Surfer

Well that being takin care of..... so what are you doing Face??? u gonna go NA-T??

Go for it
Old 03-24-07, 01:11 PM
faceoff101
Driver

ok this is the thing with my ride i still need rims springs my front driver seat is ripped up pretty bad i need a ashtray some minor body work and new paint i dont know if i should go turbo or do those things first.Im confused on that the paint work will come at the end since im working on a budget lol what do you guys think? i should do say fu*k it and go turbo or do the detailing first?

Quick Reply: what do you guys think?