GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

Ordering TT calipers now what kind of rotors

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-07, 11:40 PM
El Captain
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ordering TT calipers now what kind of rotors

Ok so im ordering brand new TT calipers in the morning. Now what about rotors, pads and steel braided brakes lines! Im looking to not brake the bank any more than i have with these new calipers! And does anyone know the size of rotors i need? Brands,shops.Link Me!
Old 04-08-07, 08:50 AM
faceoff101
Driver

get some drilled slotted rotors for the big brake mod
Old 04-08-07, 09:17 AM
DBaristo
Driver

Supraforums has the answer to that question. The options are so diverse I wouldn't attempt to put them all here.
Old 04-09-07, 03:31 AM
El Captain
Lead Lap

OK i guess i will check over there! But i really hate going there iv never met a nice person on the site! They all talk shiz! and act like they know everything! Oh wait they doo!
Old 04-09-07, 03:33 AM
El Captain
Lead Lap

what are they tt upgrade or LS upgrade people useing over here?
Old 04-09-07, 02:17 PM
DBaristo
Driver

Over there is where your tt upgrade brakes come from chap. I assume by TT brakes you are referring to the supra tt brakes. Yes I know what you mean by their attitude as well. But they have a tech part to the site that is second to none. Also if you are any good with a search function you won't actually have to speak to the guys there.
This side of the pond there are alot of disc options available that mostly come from your side of the pond. I can personally reccomend the brembo slotted discs as I had them on my supra. The list of aftermarket stuff for supra's is endless and each person thats fitted any of them will tell you how great they all are. For what its worth I would stick a set of stock toyota items on there (discs and pads) and see what you think of them. Lets face it if you are upgrading the stock GS brakes to these you'll be very impressed with just the stock performance of the larger brakes and contrary to popular belief they won't break the bank.

Oh also if you are having problems with the supraforums berks try having a look over on the newzealand supra forum
Old 04-09-07, 07:23 PM
Kaiser
Racer

Are the disks for appearance or stopping? Blank rotors will have the same stopping distance as cross or slotted unless you are autocrossing. The whole point of adding dimension to the disk is because heat will build up between the disk and the pad. As we know hot air expands and will push the pad off the disk causing brake fade. The dimensions are there to exit the hot gases so the pads aren't pushed from the disk. Again, you would need to be auto crossing to really notice a difference. But if i was to do it, I would go with just slotted. Less prone to cracking than cross drilled.
Old 04-10-07, 05:04 AM
Go90go
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by El Captain
OK i guess i will check over there! But i really hate going there iv never met a nice person on the site! They all talk shiz! and act like they know everything! Oh wait they doo!
I'm on SF and I'm nice!

~Cheers~
Old 04-11-07, 01:47 PM
El Captain
Lead Lap

HAH Ha LOL im on there too and im nice but just never met anyone else that was! So i am going for a upgrade in braking also in looks! I want to find a good Rotor and pad combo that lasts a long time! and of course im never auto crossing or for that matterdoing anykind of raceing unless somelittle rice burner gets cocky and thinks his noise maker is fast! I think i might try Power Slots and some Eldless pads! Also i need Steel brake lines were should i go for those?

Last edited by El Captain; 04-14-07 at 10:12 AM.
Old 04-11-07, 04:11 PM
GoldGS3
Pole Position

Default StopTech Cross Drilled Rotors

Captain, I have been using StopTech for the past 5 yrs, and I like them.

I switched the front rotors because brake rotors warped frequently from over-heating. No more warped rotors ince I got the StopTech rotors. But it makes squeaky noise - I hate it. It sound like I need to replace the brake pads, but when I go in for check-up mechanic tells me its the rotors.

I use stock brake pads.

Good luck.
Old 04-12-07, 10:15 AM
DBaristo
Driver

That can be a major draw back of aftermarket discs or pads. The toyota ones don't squeel too badly especially if you use the anti-squeel shims but aftermarket ones can sound awful after a bout of heavy braking.
Old 04-14-07, 10:20 AM
El Captain
Lead Lap

Ok i just ordered The rotors and the brake lines! I bought them from R1concepts i got there Premium Rotors Dimpled and Slotted and they have the black coating on the hub so they will never rust! And i got there SS lines! Now i just need to get the shim kit From Bryan if he ever calls me LOL, and some pads! And right now i just cant justify spending $156 dollars on Endless brake pads! So if Anyone has there best recomendation hit me up! Im thinking of the green stuff, Axis, Hawk? tell me what the best for the buck is!
Old 04-21-07, 02:43 PM
Blk96Supra
Lead Lap

OKay i'm a Supra guy and yeah i know where your coming from. theres alot of Azzholes over there, but you just need to find the right people to talk to. But from what i've read over there and personal experience. Best pads are either Hawk or OEM. Some guys swear by the hawks and say they break better and has less dust.

As for breaklines, i'm assumeing that TRD/goodrich ones should work just like on the Supra. those goes for around $125.

Rotors, i got the Brembo stock replacement rotors that are cross-drilled (for a more show appearence) and they work great. If not then you cant go wrong with OEM.

El Captain i'm thinking of picking up a 1st Gen GS and dropping a 1J, any advice you wanna give me?
Old 04-22-07, 08:42 AM
twojayzee
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Go90go
I'm on SF and I'm nice!

~Cheers~
Me too, WTH ?

Ive never had that problem and ive been on there 6 years
Old 04-23-07, 12:28 PM
El Captain
Lead Lap

Ya Dont do it! Man take my word for it, Go Aristo 2JZ-GTE Swap! Its made for your car! The 1jz is also harder to do More wireing and no speed sensor on the VVTI motor! But if your set on it it is a very fun engine very fast and quicker spool up! Also there are way more upgrade parts for the 2jz-gte! If you would like i could send you a 7 page write up on my swap in my car from Sport Compact Car!

Quick Reply: Ordering TT calipers now what kind of rotors