GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

Can anyone please help!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-07, 01:09 AM
AristoQ
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can anyone please help!!!!

Hi guys.......can anyone please help me.
I have a 1994 JDM Aristo. I had a few motor & tranny issues so i bought myself a 2JZ-GE of a 1995 MKiv supra. I used the supra harness which was the easiest thing to do. Now i manage to get the car to start but the tranny only stays in 1st & 2nd gear, it won't go to 3rd or O/D. has anyone here done this conversion or knows what the issue might be.

thanks
kelbert
Old 04-25-07, 06:26 AM
johnee78
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by AristoQ
Hi guys.......can anyone please help me.
I have a 1994 JDM Aristo. I had a few motor & tranny issues so i bought myself a 2JZ-GE of a 1995 MKiv supra. I used the supra harness which was the easiest thing to do. Now i manage to get the car to start but the tranny only stays in 1st & 2nd gear, it won't go to 3rd or O/D. has anyone here done this conversion or knows what the issue might be.

thanks
kelbert

Did you use the ecu from the supra motor or from your original? The ecu's are different and that may be your problem because the tranny is controlled from there.
Old 04-25-07, 08:41 AM
Kaiser
Racer

Johnee is correct. The A340E of the GE and the GTE are both electronic but function differently. I hate to say it, but you need to lose the GE harness/ECU and find a GTE harness/ECU. It will never shift correctly and you cannot hook up the GTE computer to the GE harness and have it function correctly.
Old 04-25-07, 11:16 AM
AristoQ
Driver School Candidate

The engine i'm using is N/A 2JZ-GE of a supra & i have an Aristo. The engine & tranny are supposed to be the same. it's the wiring that's different. my issue is what colour codes & where do i connect the wires from the I11, IJ1, IJ2, EA1 & EA2 connectors to on my car to function properly. the mkiv & the 1st generation Aristo have quite a few differences in colour codes, connectors location on connectors etc. my aristo came with a power switch for the tranny & the supra has a manual switch so that has to be wired in manually.
Old 04-25-07, 11:29 AM
Kaiser
Racer

So which car are we working on here? The Aristo right? Is the Aristo a factory GE? Couldn't you get a new Aristo harness that plugs in instead of having to be cut up? It may have been a cheaper harness, but what is your time worth making this work?
Old 04-25-07, 03:36 PM
AristoQ
Driver School Candidate

I got the engine with the ECU & harness so i didn't want to cut it seein that it had the connectors & everything. so i thought i could match up the harnesses which i did to a certain extent. Can anyone of you all point me in the right direction. Maybe there is something i'm missin or what