GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

Aristo buttons/options

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-07, 09:55 PM
whatthe
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aristo buttons/options

I'm not one to normally ask these questions, but since I'm not familiar with these cars, and I haven't started driving the car yet. Maybe someone can shed some light without me playing around.

The 1.5"x3.5"ish box that has an arrow on it in front of the rad pointing forward with a green LED. What is it 's purpose?

http://www.MyOnlineImages.com/serveFile.aspx?fi=908722

Air purifier on the left, and the button on the right does what for 1 or 3 min?
http://www.MyOnlineImages.com/serveFile.aspx?fi=908717

The next three pics show about what looks like a washer fluid for mirror.

The button with the drops
http://www.MyOnlineImages.com/serveFile.aspx?fi=908718

Pic of regular washer fluid
http://www.MyOnlineImages.com/serveFile.aspx?fi=908721

Is the japenese writing here also for washer fluid, or water for the mirrors. http://www.MyOnlineImages.com/serveFile.aspx?fi=908720
Old 04-29-07, 10:08 PM
2turbo4u
Lexus Test Driver

Your car has a built in turbo timer, looks like you have powered mirrors that close by them self. Maybe headlight sprayers? Neat stuff that we don't have, we got ripped off again.
Old 04-29-07, 10:36 PM
whatthe
Rookie

Yeah, it makes me wonder what we are missing now if some of the 16+ year old cars had these kinds of options.

Will the factory turbo timer only come on if you are above a certain coolant temperature?

I found some Aristo options referencing an 'anti-raindrop' system for the mirrors.

Also, anybody know what the Full/Semi is on the wiper switch is for ( it is an additional knobby on the wiper arm on the steering wheel seperate from the intermittent/etc. control)?
Old 04-29-07, 11:17 PM
Aristo94
Pole Position

all i have to say is...total BS!...lexus....c'mon...i thought we were gettin the best of the best....guess not...
Old 04-30-07, 08:29 AM
Abear
Lexus Test Driver

The full/semi makes the blades move up or down, full, they will be tucked under the hood and make a full swipe, semi is pretty much just a ready state, like if its going to rain. It still makes it across the whole windshield.
Old 04-30-07, 12:43 PM
whatthe
Rookie

Thanks for the tips so far.

The Japanese use their own market for testing a lot of their technology. They say that we are usually a few years behind, but some of this stuff I haven't even seen yet. The only thing that bugs me is that you end up with RHD just to have a couple of turbos with some interesting options in an older car. I would prefer to have a GS300 TT so that my wife would then drive the car as well.

I think I'm going to have to take the Aristo manual to work to have someone translate what it says about the mirror thing and if washer fluid is supposed to go in there or not.

Are the cloth and leather interiors the same on the GS300 as the Aristos?
Old 04-30-07, 02:31 PM
Abear
Lexus Test Driver

I dont think the Lexus GS ever came with cloth interior.
Old 04-30-07, 04:48 PM
dna59
Driver School Candidate

Damn the Aristo has a lot of cool features
Old 04-30-07, 06:04 PM
whatthe
Rookie

That's good that the GS did not come with the cloth... it's one feature not to wish for from what I've seen. The leather is many times nicer.
Old 04-30-07, 09:01 PM
whatthe
Rookie

Originally Posted by dna59
Damn the Aristo has a lot of cool features
yeah, its almost unbelizeable

Sorry, I couldn't resist. I just noticed that you were from Belize. A friend of mine just came back from holidays there...
Old 05-01-07, 12:30 AM
xscape
Driver School Candidate

i have an aristo. i've been wondering about the two window washer bottles too..

anyhoo, just thought i would add that its not a factory turbo timer. there is a company which makes those - i've seen them for mr2s and other cars as well.
Old 05-02-07, 07:05 PM
plkyone
Lead Lap

The button for the mirror causes the mirror to vibrate removing any debris on the mirror like water & stuff.
Old 05-03-07, 04:05 AM
DBaristo
Driver

Ok yep the mirror button with the droplets is a system that ultrasonically shakes water off the mirrors and heats them (press it if its working you'll hear a high pitched shriek).
The air purifyer is just that. On the rear shelf is what looks like a speaker grille, It isn't its the air outlet for the air purifyer. There is a pull out replaceable filter in the trunk that filters pollen and cigarette smells out of the air in the car (I can find a toyota part number for that for you if you want to replace it)
The button next to it I would say (don't quote me though) could be for a turbo timer to set it at 1 or 3 minutes (I don't think its a factory fit option though just a very professional aftermarket one if thats what it is). Does the car remain running after you take out the key?
I'm not sure what the box in the front is. I can't see it being linked to a turbo timer as it appears to be something to do with the coolant temp/outside air temp. Could be a car preheater system (a mate of mine fits these systems to cars but they are usually just for extremely cold places) and that button thats being assumed is the turbo timer could be a timer switch for a pre-heating system.
The washer fluid bottles are two seperate systems, one is for normal washer fluid and the other (near the firewall) is for heavy duty degreaser (I believe there is a toyota part number for that fluid). The normal fluid operates by pressing in the button on the end of the stalk, the other one operates by pushing that stalk away from yourself.
The red button in front of the gear stick is there so you can operate the gear stick without the keys in the ignition (its not an ejector seat button )
Some of the aristo's come with a fender pole button up and down where you have the turbo timer button, that is for cars fitted with the optional fender pole that pops up and down from the front fender to show you where the nearside front corner is (not much use to you on a LHD road)

Last edited by DBaristo; 05-03-07 at 04:16 AM.
Old 05-04-07, 08:48 PM
whatthe
Rookie

You rock! I was thinking that it sounded exactly like some ultrasonic baths and I couldn't figure out how the fluid was related to the mirrors. That makes so much more sense knowing that they are unrelated.

The car has some JDM radar detector installed in it. I'm wondering if that thing pointing to the front is a radar jammer.

The possible 'timer' doesn't do anything while the car is cold. I haven't tried it while the car is warm yet. The problem is that I haven't driven the car... far. The car was picked up and brought from customs just about right after the car cleared customs. The importation form I need was sent in the mail to the company that imported the car, and it hasn't arrived there yet. So... I'm waiting for the mail system which is slower than the trucking company. The timer button is not in the factory manual anywhere, so it was put in after the factory. It's either going to be boost related?, or the turbo timer once the car is warm.

I was doing a little inspection in the garage and noticed another unit installed on what looks like the transmission line (MAGTUNE or MEGTUNE or ??). It looks a little ebay-ish. Have you seen one of those before?

http://www.MyOnlineImages.com/serveFile.aspx?fi=909478

http://www.MyOnlineImages.com/serveFile.aspx?fi=909479
Old 05-05-07, 02:54 AM
DBaristo
Driver

Nope lol. Looks a bit naff

Quick Reply: Aristo buttons/options