Search this Thread

Old 07-07-07, 01:41 AM
AirForceGS
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default (911) Need a wiring Diagram/Schematic

First off...

The Story:
I Decide to drive home after my cousin begging me to participate in this party tomorrow. Thing is, I moved to Nellis AFB, Las Vegas, Nevada 2 weeks ago starting my 1st duty station. My family lives in Quartz Hill, California. Exactly 270 miles 1 way. I check the car to make sure its up for the trip. Everything is good. Im out on the road and everything is good. My driver front tire decides to blow and take out the shield in the wheel well with it. Ripping out that wiring harness and a few wires. After rigging the EFI fuse and some well wishing i continued the trip hoping i can make it to the next city or something. Everything's going fine (relatively at least) the entire dash is out (no power) but at least its running again. Then dead stop traffic on the I15 ends all of the slight relief i was feeling. Sitting there after a couple minutes I come to find out the alternator is not charging the battery. Battery goes, the car is dead. After waiting around for a few hours in the hot california desert for my parents. We put in another battery and I punch it as far as it can go, which was about 80 miles. I make it home on the last battery 30 minutes ago.

I need someone's help:
Can anyone point me in the direction of a wiring harness schematic. Or do you think this can be fixed in one day at a shop. I have to be back on Nellis by sunday night. Its probably not a good idea to drive it back after what happened but I need it fixed. Its imperative that I have a car to drive there. All my gauges are dead. Speedometer, tach, fuel, temp, everything. Im also guessing some computer wires got pulled. "The car doesnt know its on" or at least thats how it felt while driving it. The Steering was touchy and the engine was running strong, but it was very quiet at idle. I basically limped 135miles to my house. Now I need to find a way back with this car. Please, any help is GREATLY appreciated.
Old 07-07-07, 09:28 AM
Kaiser
Racer

Check the master fuse. 100amp blue fuse with clear top. It can be found under the hood.
Old 07-07-07, 10:43 AM
AirForceGS
Driver

Originally Posted by Kaiser
Check the master fuse. 100amp blue fuse with clear top. It can be found under the hood.
Is there a certain tool that should be used to take it out? It's in there pretty good and I dont want to beat it up...

EDIT: Nevermind I see what you're saying. The fuse doesnt look blown but it looks like its a little charred. So, it could be bad...

Last edited by AirForceGS; 07-07-07 at 11:16 AM.
Old 07-07-07, 11:36 AM
AirForceGS
Driver

Here's what im facing
Old 07-07-07, 01:50 PM
Kaiser
Racer

Aye Carumba! Well that masterlink fuse is what will power your entire interior and allow the car to charge. That's why I said look at that first. To remove it you have to pull the box a part and use a 10mm socket on both sides. The bad thing is they don't grow on trees so I'd call some toyota/lexus dealers now before they close on Saturday. The Supra fuse is about the same but 110amp due to the 90amp alt. I have the full shop manauls for the GS in hard copy and the TT Supra on my desk top. I don't even know where to start with a mess like that.

If the masterlink is blown, you have to ask the question why and will it blow again with a new fuse?