GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

Suspension Bushings Kit for MK1 GS

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-07, 01:00 AM
status....
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ah my rear bushings are shot... well if i order new arms and you guys still need them to mic i can send the old ones, just pay for shipping
Old 08-01-07, 09:36 PM
Epik
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that may be an option. i still dont have the front arms yet either. i have been traveling the past week and have been working since i got home. trying to find time to get all this done and get the car finished up and competition ready in a very short amount of time. anyone else have any more luck with research?
Old 08-02-07, 10:35 AM
V300Graham
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I can see nothing happening on any of the aristo boards anywhere about this, Epik.

No manufacturer, as far as I can see,
is able to see the potential in doing this kit,
which seems to be short-sighted...
Old 08-02-07, 09:55 PM
twojayzee
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Epik
that may be an option. i still dont have the front arms yet either. i have been traveling the past week and have been working since i got home. trying to find time to get all this done and get the car finished up and competition ready in a very short amount of time. anyone else have any more luck with research?
Im going to pull my upper arms next weekend to add 3m urethane to them. I can take measurements if you let me know what you need
Old 08-10-07, 07:57 AM
Epik
Lexus Champion

well, it is kind of difficult to get the proper measurements without pressing the bushing out. but i need to know the length and diameter of the center sleeve (inner and outer diameter) and the size of the hole in the arm when the bushing is pressed out... length and diameter.
Old 08-10-07, 08:16 AM
twojayzee
Lexus Champion

well, it is kind of difficult to get the proper measurements without pressing the bushing out. but i need to know the length and diameter of the center sleeve (inner and outer diameter) and the size of the hole in the arm when the bushing is pressed out... length and diameter.
I ended up doing some other things so the car is still de-commisioned. I can press the busing out. PM me for my email addy and ill get you the info.
Old 08-19-07, 12:06 PM
twojayzee
Lexus Champion

We need to discuss the upper arm ball joints. I did some semi-desructive de-construction. I have a bunch of pictures http://picasaweb.google.com/fiveota/Arms
Heres what the ball joint looks like removed

Ill post more later. Im trying to find a way to sleeve the arm and use a different joint...
Old 08-20-07, 06:13 PM
bguild
Pole Position

If anyone needs a Left (drivers side) upper arm / ball joint combo for experimentation, I have one here that has the threads cut off. Could still be deconstructed and resleeved, new joint, etc.

Last edited by bguild; 08-20-07 at 06:14 PM. Reason: wrong side indicated originally
Old 08-20-07, 08:54 PM
twojayzee
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by bguild
If anyone needs a Left (drivers side) upper arm / ball joint combo for experimentation, I have one here that has the threads cut off. Could still be deconstructed and resleeved, new joint, etc.
Epic needs it. Should we start another thread regarding custom fab of the arms ?
Old 08-21-07, 05:22 PM
YaYAReAGs3
Pole Position

my steering is so sloppy.changing all the front bushing should cue the problem right?
Old 08-21-07, 08:24 PM
twojayzee
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by YaYAReAGs3
my steering is so sloppy.changing all the front bushing should cue the problem right?
It should check them out, or have a tech do it if your not a DIY'r
Old 08-21-07, 08:48 PM
YaYAReAGs3
Pole Position

yea I went to go bring my car to get a alignment and the tech told me I need to swap out bushing.b4 he can align the car.So Im on a look out for a kit with everything
Old 08-21-07, 08:55 PM
twojayzee
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by YaYAReAGs3
yea I went to go bring my car to get a alignment and the tech told me I need to swap out bushing.b4 he can align the car.So Im on a look out for a kit with everything
There is no kit for the 1st gen offered currently. Epic is working on one I believe. Im possibly going to fab custom tube arms...
Old 08-22-07, 06:52 AM
Epik
Lexus Champion

I'm looking at going the same way. Then again mine is for a 99% race driven car, so comfort is not an option. Condiering using spherical rod end bushings and adjusting on the arm itself, especially in the rear lower arms.

I'm interested in the spare upper arms though.. i have a bunch of things brewing right now in my head.. the stitch welding on the interior body is almost complete, and the under hood should be done today too.. then it is on to the cage construction.. so still a bit more down time to work with.

I'd like to see what you have in mind for the tubular arms twoJZ, i'm trying to find a way to eliminate the factory ball joint and use a spherical bushing there also.
Old 08-22-07, 07:06 AM
twojayzee
Lexus Champion

I'd like to see what you have in mind for the tubular arms twoJZ, i'm trying to find a way to eliminate the factory ball joint and use a spherical bushing there also.
Im debating using the spherical bushing on top too but mine is a daily so im concerned about rattleing. Check your PM for my email addy.

Quick Reply: Suspension Bushings Kit for MK1 GS