GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

Wood grain steering wheel

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-07, 03:18 AM
status....
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the colum is the part the part that comes out so it shouldn't affect it. haven't goten my hub yet bah....
Old 08-03-07, 07:58 AM
bguild
Pole Position

Captain,

The 1st gen "touring" edition of the GS300 has a steering wheel with wood grain on the very top and very bottom. Saw one in the junk yard the other day. I'm the type of guy who likes to stick with something somewhat stock looking, so if I were you, that is what I would go with.

Brian
Old 08-03-07, 08:51 AM
El Captain
Lead Lap

WOW didnt know that thanks alot!
Old 08-03-07, 09:13 AM
plkyone
Lead Lap

Why dont u try the rx or the es wheels they have (depending on the option) 3 spoke wood /leather wheels usually blk leather or tan and differnt shades of woodgrain
Old 08-03-07, 11:19 PM
El Captain
Lead Lap

Iv been asking and asking but no one could tell me if any other modles of lexus's would fit! Which ones do fit!
Old 08-04-07, 10:56 AM
qpdo
Rookie

Originally Posted by bguild
Captain,

The 1st gen "touring" edition of the GS300 has a steering wheel with wood grain on the very top and very bottom. Saw one in the junk yard the other day. I'm the type of guy who likes to stick with something somewhat stock looking, so if I were you, that is what I would go with.

Brian
Would you happen to have a picture of this somewhere... you have me interested in it now. haha.

qpdo
Old 08-04-07, 07:48 PM
Diemellz
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

please post a pic, cause i have a touring and no wood, "been looking 4 awhile now" BTW which model lexus wheel can fit 1st gen GS?
Old 08-06-07, 08:41 AM
plkyone
Lead Lap

*OK 2nd gen GS all years wheels will fit hard to find the wood/leather wheels but tons of all leather. wood usually burlwood darker grain
*2nd gen ES all years i believe quite a few wood/leather ususally wood is a rosewood color, i read once that there was one year ES where the hub was slightly smaller and would not fit any other lex not confirmed though
*RX i am not sure about the newer models but the wheels without the radio buttons intergrated on the wheel will work . usually burlwoor darker grain

now the airbag's for the most part are all the same from what i have seen the major diffence is the single stage (one wire Yellow plug) and the dual stage (two wire plug) 1st gen GS is single stage so you would want to look for a single stage airbag (usually a rare find but possible) good deal around $150-280 on the bag , you can luck out on the wheels sometimes for $100-150. Check Fleebay
Old 08-06-07, 08:55 AM
plkyone
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by bguild
Captain,

Brian

That must be really rare caus i have seen tons of oem touring models and i have not net seen one with that wheel(might have been an option) i belive certain LS models came with that wheel

Old 08-21-07, 10:46 PM
qpdo
Rookie

Well El_Captain I'm picking up my car this friday WOOT... so if you have not in fact found your new steering wheel, i can probably let u know some sort of S/N for it shortly there after.

qpdo
Old 08-22-07, 11:45 AM
El Captain
Lead Lap

Sweet Congrats on the new Car! Its going to be so Fun i bet!
Old 08-24-07, 08:27 AM
Diemellz
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by qpdo
Well El_Captain I'm picking up my car this friday WOOT... so if you have not in fact found your new steering wheel, i can probably let u know some sort of S/N for it shortly there after.

qpdo
which lexus steering wheel u using?
Old 08-24-07, 08:43 PM
qpdo
Rookie

Originally Posted by qpdo
I got a Momo steering wheel of some sort.

I picked up the car today, however once i remembered i was supposed to get a S/N it was too dark. Its comming tho. And its GORGEOUS. Retained the cruise control as well. YEAH! I'll keep u posted

qpdo
Old 10-08-07, 08:45 PM
pingpong89
Pole Position

Originally Posted by plkyone
*OK 2nd gen GS all years wheels will fit hard to find the wood/leather wheels but tons of all leather. wood usually burlwood darker grain
*2nd gen ES all years i believe quite a few wood/leather ususally wood is a rosewood color, i read once that there was one year ES where the hub was slightly smaller and would not fit any other lex not confirmed though
*RX i am not sure about the newer models but the wheels without the radio buttons intergrated on the wheel will work . usually burlwoor darker grain

now the airbag's for the most part are all the same from what i have seen the major diffence is the single stage (one wire Yellow plug) and the dual stage (two wire plug) 1st gen GS is single stage so you would want to look for a single stage airbag (usually a rare find but possible) good deal around $150-280 on the bag , you can luck out on the wheels sometimes for $100-150. Check Fleebay
do you know if the 2gen LS wheels will work?
Old 10-11-07, 02:24 AM
WuTangUsa
Rookie

hmm . . what about the cruise control . . thats on the steering wheel as well . . you will probably have to ditch that or re-locate it somehow . . dificult to replace parts on lexuses cause when you do, a series or components will have to be bypasses . . for example, if you use the jdm power folding mirror and coin pocket, just where the hell does your parking brake release handle yo . .

by the way to use a aftermarket steering wheel, all you need is anysteering wheel and you need the hub for that steering wheel for a gs300. for example, momo steering wheel requires momo hub for gs300 application. i think you can use a good brand hub called "Splash" a little mroe expensive but they come in a slim size or a regular widthness size.

Quick Reply: Wood grain steering wheel