GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

Tein CS or Flex?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-07, 08:17 PM
LeXusFiTs
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tein CS or Flex?

For those of you that have the CS, I just wanted to know if you are satisfied or if you would rather have the Flex?
Old 08-15-07, 09:54 AM
twojayzee
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by LeXusFiTs
For those of you that have the CS, I just wanted to know if you are satisfied or if you would rather have the Flex?
If you like the stock ride get the CS because its going to be as close as you'll get with a modified suspension. I have the Flex and EDFC and I love it. With them on soft they are still much stiffer than any other spring I have had ie: eibach, intrax etc.. with them set on stiff. It feels like the struts are welded solid. I do have some preload set though so that may account for some of the stiff ride.
Old 08-15-07, 08:45 PM
4doorvip
Rookie

CS all the way.

I have CS in my Aristo... The softest setting is very comfy for bumps/bridges.. The hardest setting, is well.. a rectum killer but it handles better than my Celica!

CS FTW!
Old 08-15-07, 09:48 PM
Lexus Boy
Lead Lap

i have the tein cs i hear nothing but i good things about them i plan on putting mine on soon when i get rims
Old 08-15-07, 10:40 PM
suprawhite
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Wow, I'm suprise that the CS have better review than Flex. I always thought that Flex are top of the line from Tein which should be the best set up, but I guess not. Interesting result which I might consider getting CS instead of Flex. By the way, is there any other nice coil over for our 1st Gen GS? I really like HKS, but they don't make any for the 1st Gen, only 2nd Gen. That's suck.
Old 08-16-07, 07:52 AM
LeXusFiTs
Lead Lap

I believe JIC magic makes coil overs for our cars as well. And thx for the input guys, really helpful...
Old 08-16-07, 08:24 AM
twojayzee
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by suprawhite
Wow, I'm suprise that the CS have better review than Flex. I always thought that Flex are top of the line from Tein which should be the best set up, but I guess not. Interesting result which I might consider getting CS instead of Flex. By the way, is there any other nice coil over for our 1st Gen GS? I really like HKS, but they don't make any for the 1st Gen, only 2nd Gen. That's suck.
You got a mkiv in your sig so im gonna go out on a limb and say that I think you would like the flex better than the cs
Old 08-16-07, 09:15 AM
Aristo-cat
Driver

I have a set of custom made Stance coils coming. I'll let you know how those are.
Old 08-16-07, 09:25 AM
johnee78
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Exclamation

HKS also makes coilovers for our cars ..I actually have a set ..I will be installing these in the next few weeks.I am just waiting on new balljoints, tie-rods and lower control arms and then I will install the coilovers..I will do a review once installed because I had the TEIN cs on my previous first gen and will compare the two..
Old 08-16-07, 12:19 PM
timywong
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

megan racing is now making a set and so is k-sport. Im wondering about the quality on those...

Aristo-cat - how much did the stance run you?
Old 08-16-07, 04:58 PM
Aristo-cat
Driver

About normal price, $1195 or something like that.
Old 08-16-07, 07:28 PM
suprawhite
Advanced

Originally Posted by johnee78
HKS also makes coilovers for our cars ..I actually have a set ..I will be installing these in the next few weeks.I am just waiting on new balljoints, tie-rods and lower control arms and then I will install the coilovers..I will do a review once installed because I had the TEIN cs on my previous first gen and will compare the two..
Thank you in advance. If you don't mind, how did you get a set of HKS coilvers for our GS? I would like to get a set since I hated the stock high water look on the 1st Gen GS. It's kinda sad where my MKIV TT suspension is stock while I'm trying to get coilovers for my family daily driver
Old 08-17-07, 07:21 AM
johnee78
Lexus Champion

Thank you in advance. If you don't mind, how did you get a set of HKS coilvers for our GS? I would like to get a set since I hated the stock high water look on the 1st Gen GS. It's kinda sad where my MKIV TT suspension is stock while I'm trying to get coilovers for my family daily driver
I actually bought them used but they are practically brand new, just few scratches..I was going to order a set of the TEIN CS but I wanted to try something else that was comparable and these popped up..I already had the Teins so I wanted to compare.I have heard nothing but good things about these coilovers..You may want to contact Carson Toyota because they can get just about anything for our cars if your willing to wait and pay..
Old 08-17-07, 01:16 PM
suprawhite
Advanced

Originally Posted by johnee78
I actually bought them used but they are practically brand new, just few scratches..I was going to order a set of the TEIN CS but I wanted to try something else that was comparable and these popped up..I already had the Teins so I wanted to compare.I have heard nothing but good things about these coilovers..You may want to contact Carson Toyota because they can get just about anything for our cars if your willing to wait and pay..
Thanks, I'll try that because HKS website have nothing for our GS
Old 08-17-07, 01:31 PM
johnee78
Lexus Champion

Wink

Thanks, I'll try that because HKS website have nothing for our GS

you have to look under the japan website..
http://www.hks-power.co.jp/products/...yota_list.html

Click on the application for JZS-147

Quick Reply: Tein CS or Flex?