GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

Air bag suspension

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-07, 12:20 PM
SISMO817
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air bag suspension

can i get some feed back from you guys. I want to put air bags on my car and I wanted to know if you could go back and do your set up again, would you do anything diffrent? How much did you spend? What brand did you go with?

Thanks,
SISMO
Old 09-13-07, 03:10 PM
El Captain
Lead Lap

Iv done tons of Air Suspension setups on cars trucks and SUV's! One thing iv learned is to never go cheap and to use all the best product with everything from Fittings to valves and compressors! Universal air has the best set up for the DIYer. watch the two videos on there site.
Also i would get all my air management system from other places! Tank size is a big deal with placement since most guys with cars put them in there trunks id get a slim and skinny tank so it doesnt take up so much room!
Air Zenith has some bad little compressors they are quite and fast and have External fan to help with cooling because they can get hot expecialy in your trunk!
And for valves i would highly recomend Manifold valve blocks a high end one like from Easystreet, OR AirRIDE company! less maintaining and rebuilding and much much cleaner installs for plumbing and wireing! less wires and air lines running everywere!
Old 09-13-07, 05:35 PM
A.R.
Driver

Good info, boy you really cleared up any questions I had about air bags lol.
Old 09-13-07, 06:52 PM
SISMO817
Driver School Candidate

WOW Captain, that was allot of info, thank you very much. I do not think that i can do it myself I think that I will leave this to professionals.
Old 01-29-09, 06:34 PM
AirZenith
Driver School Candidate

Default Duty Cycle vs. CFM

Originally Posted by El Captain
Iv done tons of Air Suspension setups on cars trucks and SUV's! One thing iv learned is to never go cheap and to use all the best product with everything from Fittings to valves and compressors! Universal air has the best set up for the DIYer. watch the two videos on there site.
Also i would get all my air management system from other places! Tank size is a big deal with placement since most guys with cars put them in there trunks id get a slim and skinny tank so it doesnt take up so much room!
Air Zenith has some bad little compressors they are quite and fast and have External fan to help with cooling because they can get hot expecialy in your trunk!
And for valves i would highly recomend Manifold valve blocks a high end one like from Easystreet, OR AirRIDE company! less maintaining and rebuilding and much much cleaner installs for plumbing and wireing! less wires and air lines running everywere!
When choosing your DC12Volt air ride compressors, pay close attention to compressors' Duty Cycle and CFM!! Duty cycle must be rated at max. working pressure: EX: 100% Duty at 200PSI. The notation CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute) refers to a volume of air produced by the air compressor at a given pressure or PSI (Pound per Square Inch).

Always go for higher CFM and Duty Cycle!