GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

After market rotors, engine mounts, motor mounts; etc...

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-07, 01:12 PM
BrooklnLex
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink After market rotors, engine mounts, motor mounts; etc...

Hey club,

What are the best after market brand brake pads, rotors, engine mounts, & transmission mounts to use on our babies? (Mission Trading brand??) Throw some good brands at me ya'll! (except for the dealer; those croox!)

I dont want to use anything that's going to fall apart within a short period of time...

Also, will the kits from wooddashexperts.com fit 1st gens? It looks like a complicated mess that doesnt fit the 1st gen from the pictures...I just need the front passenger side and left rear passenger side...

I'm looking to make some improvements with the headlights and the interior dash board, which is dying a slow death; a new section is blown out at the end of every month. The red light for the gas and temperature gauge have already completely blown and the backlights are on their way outta here!

I also want to give my headlights some new life; they look like they have jaundice; I've just been using Flitz to clean them up...stay tuned; will put up B4 and after pix
Old 11-20-07, 02:26 PM
johnee78
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Exclamation

The motor and tranny mounts are only offered from Lexus/Toyota.PLEASE, DO NOT GET THOSE CHEAP *** STICK ON WOODGRAIN KITS!!!!Pay a little extra and have it redone right.Contact
http://patterntek.com/
and ask for Paul and let him know that JOHN with the first gen GS sent you..He does fantastic work and looks just like stock..
Old 11-21-07, 04:58 AM
BrooklnLex
Rookie

Thanx Johnee; I pledge that I will not get cheap stick ons!!!!

(I didnt know that's what they offered!)

Lexus it is for the motor and tranny mounts then my friend!

Last edited by BrooklnLex; 11-21-07 at 05:03 AM.
Old 11-21-07, 08:01 PM
SGS
Rookie

Those kits look sick...
Old 12-01-07, 07:25 PM
stockySC4
Pole Position

Originally Posted by BrooklnLex
Hey club,

What are the best after market brand brake pads, rotors, engine mounts, & transmission mounts to use on our babies? (Mission Trading brand??) Throw some good brands at me ya'll! (except for the dealer; those croox!)

I dont want to use anything that's going to fall apart within a short period of time...

Also, will the kits from wooddashexperts.com fit 1st gens? It looks like a complicated mess that doesnt fit the 1st gen from the pictures...I just need the front passenger side and left rear passenger side...

I'm looking to make some improvements with the headlights and the interior dash board, which is dying a slow death; a new section is blown out at the end of every month. The red light for the gas and temperature gauge have already completely blown and the backlights are on their way outta here!

I also want to give my headlights some new life; they look like they have jaundice; I've just been using Flitz to clean them up...stay tuned; will put up B4 and after pix
brembo rotors, why of course!

ebc and axxis brake pads are pretty good