GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

More HP in na engine?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-08, 12:11 PM
yusef
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default More HP in na engine?

Well i dont have the funds for a turbo engine so im stuck with my n/a. i think there was a similar thread like this in the past. but i was wondering if theres anyway to increase performance in my 95 gs n/a. how about those sport chips? do they work? i heard one guy say they do, one said they dont unless is turbo. and i saw this on the l-tuned website and was wondering if anyone has tried it or if it really works

http://www.l-tunedparts.com/product/?id=639

and anyone have an extra injen intake they dont want? or want to sell?
Old 01-18-08, 03:11 PM
twojayzee
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by yusef
Well i dont have the funds for a turbo engine so im stuck with my n/a. i think there was a similar thread like this in the past. but i was wondering if theres anyway to increase performance in my 95 gs n/a. how about those sport chips? do they work? i heard one guy say they do, one said they dont unless is turbo. and i saw this on the l-tuned website and was wondering if anyone has tried it or if it really works

http://www.l-tunedparts.com/product/?id=639

and anyone have an extra injen intake they dont want? or want to sell?
There have been 100's of threads like this one.
IMO sport chips arent worth **** for our cars. Just the standard intake, header, exhaust, timing advance and one step hotter plugs, several new 4ga grounds. More grounds from the body to the block and one from the battery to the body.
Old 01-18-08, 03:15 PM
Kaiser
Racer

^^^^^Like he said, but just not worth it in my opinion. The BEST I think you could expect with bolt ons is about another 15whp.
Old 01-18-08, 03:48 PM
yusef
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by twojayzee
There have been 100's of threads like this one.
IMO sport chips arent worth **** for our cars. Just the standard intake, header, exhaust, timing advance and one step hotter plugs, several new 4ga grounds. More grounds from the body to the block and one from the battery to the body.
have you done this? is it hard and how much does it roughly cost.

and so basically the only way to get more power is to go turbo? how much would that cost, and would that mean swapping the whole engine, or get a turbo kit? oh and what about trimming some weight? i took my spare tire off lol to get some less weight, and some other stuff like my huge subs and went back to stocks. im not expecting this thing to turn into a ferrari, im just trying to get somewhat more power out of it, better response and such.
Old 01-19-08, 12:40 PM
twojayzee
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by yusef
have you done this? is it hard and how much does it roughly cost.

and so basically the only way to get more power is to go turbo? how much would that cost, and would that mean swapping the whole engine, or get a turbo kit? oh and what about trimming some weight? i took my spare tire off lol to get some less weight, and some other stuff like my huge subs and went back to stocks. im not expecting this thing to turn into a ferrari, im just trying to get somewhat more power out of it, better response and such.
I have done bolt on's on many other cars, before I learned how awsome forced induction is
You could easily spend more with bolt ons than on a low price turbo kit and not make even close to as much power.
The only way to get more than how, should be your question.
How much would satisfy you ?
There are budget turbo kits being sold for around 1200bux these days. Look at clubna-t dot com. Power to weight ratio is always important. For me personally, I want to keep my stereo and spare tire, full interior etc.
Thats what having a lexus is all about. Otherwise I would have kept my 412hp civic.
Old 01-19-08, 01:04 PM
yusef
Lexus Champion

oo thanks for the website link ill check that out. so how much would that roughly cost for a turbo converison, and would i have to strengthen and change any of the existing parts? like would adding a turbo be to much for the car to handle?
Old 01-19-08, 01:21 PM
yusef
Lexus Champion

and you got any websites i could check out that have turbo kits for sale for this car?

i found this...but damn 5,000!!

http://www.suprastore.com/naturbokit.html
Old 01-19-08, 01:56 PM
Abear
Lexus Test Driver

Clubna-t.com like he said, go to the XSpower section and do some research. I think there are plenty of guys that are very satisfied with marks turbo kits. I also think he gives you almost everything you need for like 1300 dollars or something.
Check it out, read a little, search a little, everything has been covered, if not on these forums, on the clubna-t forums and on the Supra forums(supraforums.com)
Old 01-19-08, 04:10 PM
yusef
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Abear
Clubna-t.com like he said, go to the XSpower section and do some research. I think there are plenty of guys that are very satisfied with marks turbo kits. I also think he gives you almost everything you need for like 1300 dollars or something.
Check it out, read a little, search a little, everything has been covered, if not on these forums, on the clubna-t forums and on the Supra forums(supraforums.com)

oo ok ill check that out too, thanks...now 1300 is MUCH more affordable then 5000. why such a different price? better parts with the 5000 one? i would guess
Old 01-19-08, 06:28 PM
Abear
Lexus Test Driver

Yeah, probably, I wouldnt say better..just name brand stuff I guess.