GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

bad news...

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-08, 01:45 PM
ricomr
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy bad news...

so I've just wrecked my 95 GS. I sort of slid into a curb. Either way I think it's time for her to go and me to start again. She runs well but a salvage yard won't do over 1k to but her from me. I was thinking about parting it out but don't know if it's worth the trouble. I could also fix it but would rather not as I'm tired of working on it. And I had such hopes and dreams for this car - just not the money to put into it. I'd appreciate any ideas guys. Thanks
Old 02-19-08, 01:57 PM
Lexatlast
Lexus Test Driver

jesus dude... i'm sorry to hear that, glad you're ok though.

You could probably get more than 1K if you part it out, and many GS owners here need random pieces that they can't find except from dealerships at exorbitant prices.

How bad is the damage? Do you have any pics?
Old 02-19-08, 01:59 PM
Lexinton
Driver

Indeed I agree - part out what you can and work from there.
I'm the first to say I need a few pieces for my vehicle, and if you'd be willing to part some of the items out we could work on some prices.

PM me and let me know if your interested, and I will tell you the parts that I need.
Old 02-19-08, 03:44 PM
Lexatlast
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Lexinton
Indeed I agree - part out what you can and work from there.
I'm the first to say I need a few pieces for my vehicle, and if you'd be willing to part some of the items out we could work on some prices.

PM me and let me know if your interested, and I will tell you the parts that I need.
Same here, i need pieces if you're gonna part out.

Don't mean to try to make the most of your accident, or make light of it by asking for pieces, just lettin you know there is demand if you wish to try to get more of a return for a new car.

PM me as well if you decide to go that route please
Old 02-19-08, 05:44 PM
yusef
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Lexatlast
You could probably get more than 1K if you part it out, and many GS owners here need random pieces that they can't find except from dealerships at exorbitant prices.
i agree, get the most out of it by parting it out. sorry to hear bout the crash though man

you said you hit a curb? how fast did you hit it to total the car?
Old 02-19-08, 06:16 PM
Epik
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

did you slide in with the front end or rear? i hit a curb once and even replacing the whole passenger rear suspension (except the HKS coilover) and the rear swaybar it only cost me less than 300.00

i'd be interested in a few control arms and stuff though to get my adjustable arms dream back on track.
Old 02-20-08, 01:21 AM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

Sorry to hear that, glad to hear you're ok though.
Old 02-20-08, 05:51 AM
ricomr
Rookie

The car isn't totaled, just not drivable in it's current condition. I slid into a curb and bent most of the suspension on the front passenger side including my tein coil-over and the front fender. The rear tire on the passenger side blew out too. I know I can fix it, and yesterday I was thinking I should just part it out or sell it. The problem with parting is out is that I don't think I could make as much as if I were to fix it and sell it...
Old 02-20-08, 07:15 AM
Lexatlast
Lexus Test Driver

well again, completely up to you. I was just basing my suggestion off of you saying that you were gonna give it to a junkyard for 1K. You can definitely get more than 1K parting out.
Old 02-20-08, 07:27 AM
twojayzee
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Parting the car out would be a PITA but, there seem to be several of us looking for parts that could total close to 1k right off the bat.
Do you not have insurance ?
I have a few parts in mind also.
Old 02-20-08, 12:59 PM
Diemellz
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

if your passion for the car is still there, then fix her up n do whatever u please, forget how fast u can fix her, its your s!@#, take your time, where the pic?
Old 02-20-08, 01:00 PM
Lexinton
Driver

Originally Posted by Lexatlast
well again, completely up to you. I was just basing my suggestion off of you saying that you were gonna give it to a junkyard for 1K. You can definitely get more than 1K parting out.
I'm with Lexatlast on this one. There are so many parts for our vehicle the dealers seem to figure they can rip us off on, since the car is older and parts are more scarse. The junkyard is going to end up probably stripping a lot of useable parts and selling those and making more then the G-note they plan on giving you.

Originally Posted by twojayzee
Parting the car out would be a PITA but, there seem to be several of us looking for parts that could total close to 1k right off the bat.
Do you not have insurance ?
I have a few parts in mind also.
True say about the insurance too....would your deductables cover any of the damages? If not, I would say the best thing to do is get an estimate on what the repairs would cost you and then see what the best route would be from there. If it cost that much, you may be able to even purchase another 1st-Gen-GS and have the one you currently own for spare parts...that is if the damage and repair costs are that significant.

Whatever you decide to do, at least you know that there is interest by some of the users on this board here so you have options.

Since you are okay (and unfortunately the car is not) you should post some pics of the damage. Maybe others would be able to help you out on some suggestions on what to do depending on how bad the car looks.
Old 02-20-08, 02:00 PM
twojayzee
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexinton

Since you are okay (and unfortunately the car is not) you should post some pics of the damage. Maybe others would be able to help you out on some suggestions on what to do depending on how bad the car looks.
^ Werd ^ lets see