GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

Parts from other cars that Fit ours.

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-08, 02:58 PM
twojayzee
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Skitso-3
Im not 100% about this but hey that's wut u guys r 4 but the plastic black side window panels on the mid 90's toyota avalon looks just like ours and honestly the body looks damn near like ours too.
Its not the same. I park next to one at work.
Old 05-19-08, 04:38 PM
butcher
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by twojayzee
Theres a full set of strut type bags for sale in the 1st gen section. If your going to do bags, then you dont need the supra struts since kyb makes a setup for our car already.
The shocks only absorb the shock, they dont hold the car up. The bags do that. Search user "supramangs" I just did the UAS bag kit on his 2nd gen.
Yeah, I saw that one..but the price is a bit out of my range. I wanted to get UAS bags instead, so that if ever my shocks go, I can easily replace them.

KYB AGX does not make any shocks for the 1gen GS. Only the REAR of the supra, the 2nd GS does not have AGX aswell.

Any other brands? Oh, what did you mean that KYB makes a setup for our cars already?

thank you
Old 05-20-08, 08:28 AM
twojayzee
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by butcher
KYB AGX does not make any shocks for the 1gen GS. Only the REAR of the supra, the 2nd GS does not have AGX aswell.

Any other brands? Oh, what did you mean that KYB makes a setup for our cars already?

thank you
Your right sorry. I meant KYB GR-2's they make those for the front and rear of the 1st gen. By setup I just meant front and rear shocks.
Old 05-20-08, 12:43 PM
butcher
Driver

Originally Posted by twojayzee
Your right sorry. I meant KYB GR-2's they make those for the front and rear of the 1st gen. By setup I just meant front and rear shocks.

Kool, yeah GR2's are good shocks but I was looking for something more performance minded hehehe..Thats why I was looking for other suspension parts that fit our cars (besides getting coilovers).

Reason I wanted a more preformance minded is because if I put the AIR bag suspension, I would need a more shorter stroke shock, just like lowering a car with springs, isnt it the same?!

Please correct me if I am wrong...

thank you.
Old 05-21-08, 10:13 AM
twojayzee
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by butcher
Kool, yeah GR2's are good shocks but I was looking for something more performance minded hehehe..Thats why I was looking for other suspension parts that fit our cars (besides getting coilovers).

Reason I wanted a more preformance minded is because if I put the AIR bag suspension, I would need a more shorter stroke shock, just like lowering a car with springs, isnt it the same?!

Please correct me if I am wrong...

thank you.
I think that you should talk with UAS. They did a bilstein setup for supramangs 2gs. So if the fronts are the same, and they make a rear one for a supra. That would work. Your right about the stroke, but im not sure how much the shock will change the ride ?
The shock will do the same thing with a bag that it does with a coil, to an extent. You should PM supramangs and see who he spoke with a UAS. They seem to be pretty helpfull, though there lack of instructions licked my ballz.
Old 05-21-08, 11:33 AM
status....
Lead Lap

sometimes on ebay those japan importers have shock and spring set ups they dont offer in the us and i seen dampening adj. ones in the past...

iirc using the supra spring and shock is gonna slam your gs so when you bag it it may not go up very high
Old 05-21-08, 12:42 PM
butcher
Driver

Hmm..Ill check bilstine to see if they do make rear shocks for the GS.

Thanks again!!

status: your right about the rear shock because supra's have shorter shocks to begin with..
Old 03-20-12, 03:41 AM
adtjr124
Driver School Candidate

99 honda prelude lip from ebay lol u just gotta bend the lip a lil
Old 03-20-12, 04:08 AM
m1k3yg
Lead Lap

I swear in these threads all I see is suspension parts, heater control valve from a 98 corolla fits, you just have to switch the bracket that holds it and use the lever from the original one
Old 03-20-12, 08:04 AM
yangaroni
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default lip

Originally Posted by adtjr124
99 honda prelude lip from ebay lol u just gotta bend the lip a lil

got a pic of this on a gen1?
Old 03-20-12, 10:38 AM
Supremeg56
Pole Position

would also like to see this 99 prelude lip on a GS lol
Old 03-26-12, 03:58 AM
adtjr124
Driver School Candidate

no not yet just test fit it, when i was painting my bumpers,soon i will put it on, been busy the past few weekends,
Old 03-27-12, 05:32 AM
yangaroni
Driver

which lip exactly? jdm...aftermarket?
Old 04-02-12, 09:28 AM
yangaroni
Driver

someones gotta have a pic of this prelude lip on a gs? I'm sure i saw one somewhere
Old 04-04-12, 10:24 PM
MikeC7909
Driver School Candidate

ALOT of little things and nick nacks from other Toyota's Lexus's interchange with the GS. Dunno where to begin. Window switch's. lol.
The lower control arm, the curvy one, interchanges with IS300 too. I've had these side by side, and they look identical, and I've sold the GS one to people seeking IS's and they never came back to return/exchange.

Quick Reply: Parts from other cars that Fit ours.