GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

My door locks are clicking?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-08, 03:26 PM
jasonm
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My door locks are clicking?

After I press the lock/unlock key on my remote (93 gs300) the door locks continue to click on their own. What does it mean???
It happens when I lock or until the doors and I have a factory system (no aftermarket)
Old 03-04-08, 03:43 PM
yusef
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jasonm
After I press the lock/unlock key on my remote (93 gs300) the door locks continue to click on their own. What does it mean???
It happens when I lock or until the doors and I have a factory system (no aftermarket)
almost same thing happens to me, xcept mine goes crazy, car wont start, alarm will randomly go off if i try to start...and car locks and unlocks.

mine happened after stereo shop installed sound system.

you didnt have any electric work done where they could have messed up wires?
Old 03-04-08, 04:16 PM
SGS
Rookie

when the door locks continue to lock and unlock the alarm has been triggered meaning a thief couldn't get in or out of the vehicle
Old 03-04-08, 04:50 PM
gsowner88
Driver School Candidate

same was happening to me locked it then it just unlocked itself over and over me and my friend try checking it out so we took off one of the door panels we looked at the locking acuator it wasnt locking onto the bar or pin so i just moved the latch alittle and it latched bak onto it. started to work luckely it wasnt a bad relay or sumthing like that just to double check i took it to my mechanic and he sed that it was that locking mechanism acuator one of the 2 lol, but they go out sumtimes so either u can fix it or it needs to b replaced
Old 03-04-08, 04:52 PM
yusef
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by gsowner88
same was happening to me locked it then it just unlocked itself over and over me and my friend try checking it out so we took off one of the door panels we looked at the locking acuator it wasnt locking onto the bar or pin so i just moved the latch alittle and it latched bak onto it. started to work luckely it wasnt a bad relay or sumthing like that just to double check i took it to my mechanic and he sed that it was that locking mechanism acuator one of the 2 lol, but they go out sumtimes so either u can fix it or it needs to b replaced
thats what the audio shop told me, but when i took it to a lexus dealer, they gave me this "your a dumbass" look and said no, theres no such thing... -_-
Old 03-04-08, 04:57 PM
gsowner88
Driver School Candidate

no such thing???? then wat the hell is the thing that locks ur door??? its that locking mechanism motor! mayb its under a differemt name? idk but im sure thats the problem
Old 03-04-08, 05:55 PM
yusef
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by gsowner88
no such thing???? then wat the hell is the thing that locks ur door??? its that locking mechanism motor! mayb its under a differemt name? idk but im sure thats the problem
im sure ur right...i think the guy was just bein an *** and didnt think i knew wat i was talkin bout cuz i look young.

so what do you recommend jasonm and i do to fix it? open up door?
Old 03-04-08, 06:48 PM
gsowner88
Driver School Candidate

yea i kno same happens to me and one time i made the mistake of wearing my skool shirt cuz i go to UTI so yea but i barely started so im no were near entry level tech so i go to a shop to ask for for sum parts and they start acting like a**holes to me just cuz of my shirt and saying cant u do this urself!and a bunch of crap, nevr going bak there again. well u can check to c if ur lucky its just not catching onto the bar to lock, thats wat mine was but if urs is a relay or bad wire sumthin like that then u shud have a tech check if its a electrical problem and not a mechanical 1
Old 03-04-08, 09:12 PM
jasonm
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, I had this happen on a lot of my past Honda Accords. I think we need to roll down the windows, then close the doors and lock it and try to locate the crazy actuator. I say roll down the windows so its easier to see which one is the problem.
Old 03-04-08, 10:19 PM
yusef
Lexus Champion

Yeah, I had this happen on a lot of my past Honda Accords. I think we need to roll down the windows, then close the doors and lock it and try to locate the crazy actuator. I say roll down the windows so its easier to see which one is the problem.
i was told its the driver side one that is the problem. because it send the signal to the rest of them to lock, so i would start there. thats wat i was told at least
Old 03-07-08, 07:29 AM
johnee78
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Exclamation This may be the answer...........

I just got my car out the shop and my door handles were removed for the paint.When I put my handles back on I noticed the door locks were clicking.I took off the passenger handle door lock and noticed that 2 of the 3 wires coming off the lock cylinder were disconnected.I removed the lock cylinder and soldered the wires back on and the alarm and locks work fine now..So check the front 2 door locks and see if the wires are still connected..
Old 02-02-09, 12:32 PM
tim8oland
Pole Position

I have a similar issue with mine. all of my doors lock/unlock except for my rear right door. when i manually push the lock/unlock button...this one does nothing...it's DEAD. if i leave this door in LOCK position, my factory keyless entry works perfectly. It locks/unlocks w/ the button on the key. However, if i leave this door in the UNLOCK position, the car goes crazy and keeps re-locking and keeps clicking like what you guys have noted above. Obviously, i need to repair this door lock. Does anyone have any advice for a DEAD door lock?? Like i said, I have to manually lock this door by actually pressing the lock/unluck button on the door. The auto lock/unlock button on the driver/passenger doors do not work on this door. I hope i didn't lose you guys w/ that...LOL
Old 02-02-09, 06:58 PM
boxcarfan
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

most of the time its the door lock actuator. find the one thats messed up and replace/fix it. in pretty common on all Lexus cars.