Shout out to Todd (Rising_Sun) for free install on my drop and hospitality

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-08, 10:20 PM
Lexatlast
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shout out to Todd (Rising_Sun) for my drop and hospitality

Ok,

My story begins in January when I bought from Todd (rising_sun) a set of Tanabe DF210's and KYB-GR2 shocks, and he offered to install them for me. How awesome is that? Even better, I couldn't make time to go to Queens to get them installed until TODAY, four months after I purchased them. He held them in trust for me and was always asking me "So when you wanna do this bro?" "Hey man, they're some sexy springs here" etc.

I'd like to make clear that this guy is the real deal, a standup, fair, and all around great guy. Hardly knew me and still accepting, trusting, and so much more. This is the reason why Clublexus is the place to be.

So here they are:

They're Tanabe's I'm positive and so is Todd. They have the same part number, say DF210 and Tanabe. Why they're white I have no idea, but I like it better that way anyway.

And we began:

This is the car before the drop. Didn't measure before, but it was about a whole hand in the front for space and 4 fingers in the back for space. And just to let you all know, even though there were no pictures of it, I was under the car too. So there... someone's gotta take the pics right? lol
But no lie, its great. Todd taught me how to change suspension, something I couldn't fathom this morning, now within my technical mechanical range.

Now I'm sorry the final pictures are kinda bad but it was late, I was tired and I had to drive back to Jersey in rush hour traffic. I'll post others tomorrow, and please excuse my car for being hella dirty... that'll change tomorrow. The drop is amazing btw!! maybe 1 finger of space in the front and the back and the handling increased tremendously! Body roll is reduced by a huge margin as well.

The final drop (crap pictures):

Again, sorry, they're pretty bad. I'll take more after I wash it tomorrow. I'll be embarrassed if you see it now lol.

Thanks a mil Todd. Amazingly hospitable, patient as can be, and you will see me far more now on than you've ever wanted to lol. Gentlemen like him are the reason these forums are what they are, a broad, far reaching, and caring family.

Last edited by Lexatlast; 04-12-08 at 12:00 PM.
Old 04-10-08, 10:27 PM
Lexinton
Driver

Now THAT'S a real stand up guy!!

Hey Todd (rising_sun). That's a good look. Hey Lexatlast, hope you takin him out for a drink one of these days cuz on the real, there aren't many people now a days that are willing to actually go out of their way and help another person without some form of reperations in mind.

Here's to Todd (rising_sun)!
Old 04-10-08, 10:27 PM
yusef
Lexus Champion

WOOOO! lol nice!

haha and i was about to ask why they were white. they are good spring huh... and you got my rims on man

GJ Todd, i agree wit u Rob, this is why these kinds of forums are great. people with great hospitality make it worth while. but damn man your rears settled quick! mine took like 3 days.
Old 04-10-08, 11:52 PM
suprawhite
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm assuming you have 95 GS300 Touring Edition base on the two tone paint and that 3 spokes wheels. Looking good, all you have to do now is get a nice set of wheels and you're set. By the way, I love those clear headlights.
Here is mine 95 GS300 Touring Edition with 18" L-Tuned wheels lowered with Ohlins coilovers.
My next mod will all around 98 Supra TT brakes system I just got recently.
Attached Thumbnails Shout out to Todd (Rising_Sun) for free install on my drop and hospitality-dsc02341pssm.jpg  
Old 04-11-08, 06:14 AM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

We need some better pics

Oh and for being such a stand-up guy!
Old 04-11-08, 06:16 AM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

MEMORIES Good to see the tradition continues, great work Todd
Old 04-11-08, 07:30 AM
Luv2xl
Lexus Test Driver

Looks good Rob.... Ze Car has Ze Better Zestance...

the milk is good!

Todd is a real stand up guy...
Old 04-11-08, 08:08 AM
BKzSC400
Lexus Test Driver

hey those are my old suspension!! the drop looks nice.... to bad u had to go... i came by laters to get my JDM 3piece spoiler installed! THANKS TODD!! u are right hes a good guy! hope us 1st Gen can meet soon!!
Old 04-11-08, 08:09 AM
Lexatlast
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Luv2xl
Looks good Rob.... Ze Car has Ze Better Zestance...

the milk is good!

Todd is a real stand up guy...
LOL there you are!!

i didn't put your pic up cause you were bein all shy about it lol

ZEEEE MILK!!! EETS A GOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!

ZEEE MILK EES GOOOOD!!!!

hahahahaha
Old 04-11-08, 08:11 AM
Lexatlast
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by BKzSC400
hey those are my old suspension!! the drop looks nice.... to bad u had to go... i came by laters to get my JDM 3piece spoiler installed! THANKS TODD!! u are right hes a good guy! hope us 1st Gen can meet soon!!
Hey Frank!!

lol yeah you're suspension is on now. Where were you yesterday? We were there all afternoon lol.

1st gen meet at Todd's, real soon lol
Old 04-11-08, 08:50 AM
BKzSC400
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Lexatlast
Hey Frank!!

lol yeah you're suspension is on now. Where were you yesterday? We were there all afternoon lol.

1st gen meet at Todd's, real soon lol

Wussps Rob! yeh man i had work! i didnt get off untill 6PM.. too bad u guys bounced so soon.. anyways yes!! we should have a 1st Gen BBQ meet at Todds!~ but ofcoarse all other CL brothas are welcome
Old 04-11-08, 08:57 AM
Lexatlast
Lexus Test Driver

Frank I have a question for you. The back is sitting really low lol. I'm gonna get an alignment, but will camber adjustment be needed? I'm not tryin to wear tires out all the time .

hmmm we should ask Todd about the BBQ....
Old 04-11-08, 08:59 AM
Lexatlast
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by yusef
WOOOO! lol nice!

haha and i was about to ask why they were white. they are good spring huh... and you got my rims on man

GJ Todd, i agree wit u Rob, this is why these kinds of forums are great. people with great hospitality make it worth while. but damn man your rears settled quick! mine took like 3 days.
lol yeah yusef the rears settled quick, but the fronts haven't yet so i'm drivin around like a old pimp hooptie with the nose in the sky

Do you have any camber problems? They look pretty low...
Old 04-11-08, 10:28 AM
yusef
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Lexatlast
lol yeah yusef the rears settled quick, but the fronts haven't yet so i'm drivin around like a old pimp hooptie with the nose in the sky

Do you have any camber problems? They look pretty low...
LOL pimp hooptie... what do you mean by camber problems?
Old 04-12-08, 12:43 AM
Lexatlast
Lexus Test Driver

^^
lol never mind. Camber is something that needs to get adjusted if you drop too low. I heard as long as our car doesn't go below 2" drops, it'll be within the stock camber specs.

AND!

I took new pics today, with the ride a little more clean than yesterday and the springs are almost settled out. Fronts still need a bit more time though.

It was two fingers in the front this morning, and now its down to half a finger width! Awesome...

oh yeah...

Quick Reply: Shout out to Todd (Rising_Sun) for free install on my drop and hospitality