GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

Adjusting Headlight Beam

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-08, 01:26 AM
808UCF11
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adjusting Headlight Beam

Sup Guys,well first off i tried searching this forum and found nothing....only found prices and pix of people's HID installs....... i just put HID's in my girls 1st gen....i dont have pics yet but i will get them soon....my problem is that the beam pattern is fkn off!....anyone had this prob??.....the bulbs are the correct size but had a hard time going in...is their a certain way to install the bulbs?....the tabs match up with the holes....am i supposed to push then turn? ...correct?....this is driving me nuts!! the oem and hid's bulbs look alike and everything..the oem ones pop in like nothing, but not the hid bulbs.....i have the same problem with my 1st gen LS...any help is greatly appreciated...
-Sean
Old 04-26-08, 08:32 AM
twojayzee
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 808UCF11
Sup Guys,well first off i tried searching this forum and found nothing....only found prices and pix of people's HID installs....... i just put HID's in my girls 1st gen....i dont have pics yet but i will get them soon....my problem is that the beam pattern is fkn off!....anyone had this prob??.....the bulbs are the correct size but had a hard time going in...is their a certain way to install the bulbs?....the tabs match up with the holes....am i supposed to push then turn? ...correct?....this is driving me nuts!! the oem and hid's bulbs look alike and everything..the oem ones pop in like nothing, but not the hid bulbs.....i have the same problem with my 1st gen LS...any help is greatly appreciated...
-Sean
I had a similar problem. When I put in the HIDs my beam pattern is correct but they aim too low. I tried the adjustment screws but they are stripped for some reason.
Old 04-26-08, 08:55 AM
BIGGZ
Lexus Test Driver

sup man.do you have JDM Lights?if so ur gonna have to shave the tabs on the bulb.and when i got my JDM Headlights,its aim was way off.like all the way up and to the left.there should be one screw on top and 3 more adjustment screws behind the lamps.i forgot which adjust whats but its just trial and error.hoped i helped.
Old 04-26-08, 11:32 AM
808UCF11
Driver

Originally Posted by 1BIGJZS147
sup man.do you have JDM Lights?if so ur gonna have to shave the tabs on the bulb.and when i got my JDM Headlights,its aim was way off.like all the way up and to the left.there should be one screw on top and 3 more adjustment screws behind the lamps.i forgot which adjust whats but its just trial and error.hoped i helped.
im pretty sure their not the JDM headlights....but i think i do need to shave them down...because it looks like the tab is a little bit too thick....maybe it's because it's a cheap HID brand....haha....well thanks alot for the help big...right on
-Sean