GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

Finally found a clean one after a year of searching!

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-08, 11:15 AM
twojayzee
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan@FSM
....I just wanted this to give my nerves a rest when I get out of the civic 9xx whp!
What all is done to the civic ? I had a 500hp fully built b16 in a sedan.
Old 05-30-08, 02:34 PM
Dan@FSM
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pretty much everything. ERL sleeved 84mm, ERL 5 main girdle, ARP mains, 1/2" ARP head studs, coated CP's with tool steel pin upgrade, Pauter rods, coated ACL race bearings, polished inside of block, micropolished crank, ported head, full Ferrea valve train, Skunk2 Pro1 cams, T1 hall effect trigger setup, Full Race divided T4 with twin Tial 44's, Borg Warner S372 with race cover, FSM custom 4" turbo back with aluminum dp back, AEM EMS, FJO injector driver, M&W Pro-12 CDI, AEM pencil coil's, Exedy twin disc, quaiffe LSD, carbon synchro's, DSS stage 5 axles, FSM solid motor mount inserts, FSM custom catch can, FSM custom Odyssey battery mount, FSM custom backdoor end tanked intercooler, sumped tank, SX inline pump, FSM fuel rail, Bosch 1680cc injectors, Fuelab, FSM custom tucked wire harness, host of gauges..............umm and probably a lot more
Old 06-04-08, 09:03 PM
Trexus

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Congratulations and good job on your perseverance. The GS you got looks real good. Have fun with your GS projects and be sure to post pics...
Old 06-05-08, 07:47 AM
Rising_Sun
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Congrats on the purchase! Please keep us updated with your build. Would you be able to help your GS bros with stuff from FSM?
Old 06-06-08, 08:19 AM
Dan@FSM
Driver

Originally Posted by Rising_Sun
Congrats on the purchase! Please keep us updated with your build. Would you be able to help your GS bros with stuff from FSM?
Definitely can do that! We already have our intake plenum available for the 2jz-ge motor's designed for the na/turbo guys. I'll be putting one on my GS and dyno'ing just for the hell of it to see how much power it makes without a turbo, since its proven to make power after the motor is boosted.
Also be on the lookout for the adapter plate I'll be making to mate up the GM 6 spd transmission. Im going through the design phase right now for it and hopefully it'll be completed in the next week or two. A complete drop in kit available including transmission, custom clutch setup, slave cylinder, and one piece aluminum driveshaft will also be an option.
Old 06-06-08, 06:33 PM
BIGGZ
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Dan@FSM
Pretty much everything. ERL sleeved 84mm, ERL 5 main girdle, ARP mains, 1/2" ARP head studs, coated CP's with tool steel pin upgrade, Pauter rods, coated ACL race bearings, polished inside of block, micropolished crank, ported head, full Ferrea valve train, Skunk2 Pro1 cams, T1 hall effect trigger setup, Full Race divided T4 with twin Tial 44's, Borg Warner S372 with race cover, FSM custom 4" turbo back with aluminum dp back, AEM EMS, FJO injector driver, M&W Pro-12 CDI, AEM pencil coil's, Exedy twin disc, quaiffe LSD, carbon synchro's, DSS stage 5 axles, FSM solid motor mount inserts, FSM custom catch can, FSM custom Odyssey battery mount, FSM custom backdoor end tanked intercooler, sumped tank, SX inline pump, FSM fuel rail, Bosch 1680cc injectors, Fuelab, FSM custom tucked wire harness, host of gauges..............umm and probably a lot more
now id like to see this beast in action!got any vids?
Old 06-09-08, 09:25 AM
Dan@FSM
Driver

Talking

Originally Posted by 1BIGJZS147
now id like to see this beast in action!got any vids?
Back on the dyno this week for more testing. I'll post the vid when the day comes
Old 06-23-08, 10:48 AM
joewitafro
Racer

Received 269 Likes on 190 Posts

Go R154 instead of T56. =P
Old 06-23-08, 11:32 PM
Dan@FSM
Driver

Originally Posted by joewitafro
Go R154 instead of T56. =P
Why's that? The T56 handles more power and has 6 speeds. We already have proven the stock motor to handle over 700whp with only a headgasket and supporting mods....why would I go with an R154 when I can have better for less without the worry of the front thrust washer Plus I have about 10 T56's at my disposal and not a singe R154. If anyone wants to go six speed without the cost of the V160 then keep watching this thread or a look out for a new one cause I'll more than likely have a kit available........of course only after I become a CL vendor mods
Old 06-23-08, 11:51 PM
status....
Lead Lap

damn, wish i had t56's like that on hand....

always wondered how the car would run with just the intake manifold, cant wait for some vids
Old 07-01-08, 05:19 PM
2turbo4u
Lexus Test Driver

Congrats, and about time the first gen would get some new aftermarket love. I'll be watching your build and good luck.
Old 07-02-08, 09:19 AM
Lexatlast
Lexus Test Driver

Very excited about this project!

Subscribed!
Old 07-18-08, 08:17 AM
Dan@FSM
Driver

Have a small update. I finished the design work on the adapter plate for the trans. Haven't been able to get my machinist to make it out of steel cause his CNC is down right now. It'll be constructed of 3/8" steel plate.
Also figured out the proper length for the custom pilot bearing that is necessary for the conversion too.
Custom clutch is here already and waiting for its day

Hopefully I'll have more updates and some long awaited pics to share with everyone soon!
Old 07-18-08, 10:10 AM
KevinM
Rookie

Clean car for sure. I try to do the same things as far as finding diamonds in the rough. A little elbow grease and you save money and get to do what you enjoy in between.

Kevin
Old 07-20-08, 02:04 PM
Lexatlast
Lexus Test Driver

Hey Dan, did you ever run numbers on your GS with just the intake manifold to see hp and tq gains? and how much are those polished babies going for?

Def want to know

Quick Reply: Finally found a clean one after a year of searching!