GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

Shift Nob Panel Upgrade Ideas

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-08, 05:51 PM
vindedreal
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Shift *** Panel Upgrade Ideas

Hey guys, Like most GS's my wooden panel was all effed up (the one next to shift ***), I sanded it down to the aluminum and painted it black, but then that kinda looked to plain, So I looked at the DIY post on how to take off the Shift panel, I cut some vinyl and see how it would look, Tell me what you think please.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b3...Interior/1.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b3...r/FILE0027.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b3...r/FILE0029.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b3...r/FILE0030.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b3...r/FILE0037.jpg
Old 06-05-08, 10:45 PM
YupImJOee
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i was thinking about doing this but in woodgrain vinyle for the climate control and upper vents
Old 06-07-08, 12:54 AM
jasonm
Lead Lap

A for effort but there has gotta be a better material. Don't they sell pre made carbon fiber peices on ebay that you can cut with a dremel tool and apply somehow.
Old 06-07-08, 02:57 AM
vindedreal
Pole Position

Yeah I know what you mean, Like i thought the concept was good, Like when I sanded down the aluminum and painted it black it looked good, but I felt like I needed something else,after I put the carbon fiber vinyl i was thinking....this feels ricer...thats why I was wondering about ur guys ideas and thoughts
Old 06-07-08, 07:47 AM
mkiiisupra
Lexus Test Driver

you could always just order a dash kit. Heres mine, 15 pieces, but I left 3 of them out. 160 total for the kit or close to that, the piece around the shifter was optional but only an extra 40$. Excuse the ash around the shifter panel and my F- camera skills. The colors the same (oem match) throughout. Notice we both have backpacks on the passenger floor haha

Last edited by mkiiisupra; 06-07-08 at 07:52 AM.
Old 06-07-08, 08:50 AM
johnee78
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

or you could have everything refinished and look like stock instead just some stick on kit...
www.patterntek.com
Old 06-07-08, 10:04 AM
mkiiisupra
Lexus Test Driver

That will turn out alot nicer, mine was a xmas present so

DEFFINATELY gettin my WHOLE dash done with the american flag pattern!!!!!

Last edited by mkiiisupra; 06-07-08 at 10:09 AM.
Old 06-07-08, 09:50 PM
vindedreal
Pole Position

Yeah Lol, Daily grind :School,work Hence the backPack, Yeah I was thinking of wood vinyl, But I decided to go back to flat black, After sanded the aluminum, I rather have a more plastic feel, if theres a plastic cover availabe somewhere.
Old 06-12-08, 09:17 PM
Diemellz
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by mkiiisupra
you could always just order a dash kit. Heres mine, 15 pieces, but I left 3 of them out. 160 total for the kit or close to that, the piece around the shifter was optional but only an extra 40$. Excuse the ash around the shifter panel and my F- camera skills. The colors the same (oem match) throughout. Notice we both have backpacks on the passenger floor haha

i just noticed my wood kit dosent have the panel/igination/park brake/door kits??? is that a new kit?
Old 06-12-08, 09:36 PM
zazzn
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

are thouse stickers ore actual plastic peices.
Old 06-13-08, 12:25 AM
vindedreal
Pole Position

Yeah for the wood kit for 160$ that looks beautiful, are they plastic or are they stickers and where did you order them from? thats an amazing deal
Old 06-13-08, 07:24 AM
johnee78
Lexus Champion

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by vindedreal
Yeah for the wood kit for 160$ that looks beautiful, are they plastic or are they stickers and where did you order them from? thats an amazing deal
That kit cost $160.00That pretty expensive for stickers.sorry guys but it just looks cheap...IMO..
When you look at the pics you can tell its a sticker..
Old 06-13-08, 07:25 AM
mkiiisupra
Lexus Test Driver

Wooddashexperts.com

The kit feels like a mixture between rubber and plastic and does stick on using a 3m adhesive product and liquid. I have mixed emotions about it. Some of the measurements arent 100%, as you ca see for yourself (between the climate control and vents on the left side, see how it angles up, the long piece on the bottom was a tad too long and i had to work it in, also notice the dome light area) and it does have somewhat of "fake wood" look, but im just a f'in picky OCD mutherF'er. BBUUUTT overall it looks alot nicer then the black plastic/grey vents/ and chipped wood grain (plus 95% of girls dont know the difference when they see it and go "oooh, woodgrain ") so im happy
Old 06-13-08, 07:32 AM
mkiiisupra
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by johnee78
That kit cost $160.00That pretty expensive for stickers.sorry guys but it just looks cheap...IMO..
When you look at the pics you can tell its a sticker..
jesus hater, we already get the picture from your first post that you arent fond of stick on kits...we didnt need another (and a double post of "another") post saying you dont like it. ::austin powers voice:: throw me a figgin bone
Old 06-13-08, 07:34 AM
johnee78
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by mkiiisupra
jesus hater, we already get the picture from your first post that you arent fond of stick on kits...we didnt need another (and a double post of "another") post saying you dont like it. ::austin powers voice:: throw me a figgin bone
Just trying to open your eyes to other options.I am throwing you bone your just not catching it...

Quick Reply: Shift Nob Panel Upgrade Ideas