GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

recent pictures

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-10, 03:10 AM
mkiiisupra
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by suprawhite
Matt, how did you get the rear wheels straighten up? Is it because you have a camber kit or did something to the alignment? Eversince I put on the JIC coilovers, my rear camber looks terrible. My GS is currently riding on stock Supra TT wheels. I need to put new tires on my 19" Volks Racing SF Challenge but too lazy. The reason I delaying it because I want to see what I need to do so I can adjust my rear so it won't wear the tires with camber problem. I like how your rear are line up with the front. Oh secondly, I wish we did that exchange back then. Bad timing I guessed because I really like the Tein CS. The JIC is too rough for daily driving, even at the lowest setting for damping. Beside that, I like how it handle though.

I didn't do anything to the rears, just a simple alignment. The fronts I got adj. control arms so the fronts are corrected, but he rears actually stick in about an 1-2" more then the fronts. I'd like to get to the bottom of this RCA thing and see if I can find some. Maybe it's just the right height, wheel width, and offset that are making yours look more cambered. Just for reference my rear wheels sizes are 19x9.5 +38.

As far as the coilovers, I still have them, and for sale too. I was going to wash them and put them in the classifieds here pretty soon so shoot me a pm if you're interested and we can talk some more.
Old 04-18-10, 09:03 PM
mkiiisupra
Lexus Test Driver

Took the wheels off to do some things so I figured I'd get a picture of the new coils/UCA

and the 1/8" lower ride height. Also need to make a license plate bracket

Last edited by mkiiisupra; 04-19-10 at 09:10 AM.
Old 04-19-10, 08:25 PM
plkyone
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How do the new coils ride? Thinking of changing mine!
Love How it Looks!!!
Old 04-19-10, 10:49 PM
suprawhite
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I always like JDM bumper. Someday, someday
Old 04-20-10, 12:08 AM
deknick
Lead Lap

i still have that front license plate mount if you want it, i'm not using it at all
Old 04-20-10, 12:04 PM
VIP_Dreamz
Lead Lap

where can you get the plate mount from? I got an aristo front bumper as well and the cali plate wouldn't fit I drill some new holes.
Old 04-20-10, 02:58 PM
mkiiisupra
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by plkyone
How do the new coils ride? Thinking of changing mine!
Love How it Looks!!!
Rides not bad. If it weren't for my spring rates Im sure it would be real nice. But mine are pretty stiff (18kg/12kg) and it bounces a little more then what's "ideal". Im happy with them. And I've read 3 different forums (honda, subaru, this one) and never head anyone say a single bad thing about them. Only positive feedback.

Originally Posted by deknick
i still have that front license plate mount if you want it, i'm not using it at all

Would it work considering the Japanese plate bolt holes are further apart? I was just thinking about making a simple one. I have access to a MIG so it shouldn't be anything more then a hour project while I have some beer right?
Old 04-20-10, 06:19 PM
plkyone
Lead Lap

Thanks for the info i am trying to choose between those and Megans!
Old 04-27-10, 07:40 PM
V8RdnLow
Lexus Champion

great progress
Old 08-01-11, 08:18 PM
mkiiisupra
Lexus Test Driver

Finally got pictures of the new wheels. 19x9.5 +18 19x10.5 +18 Rays Victrix Graicys. Having issues getting the front driver side coilover to adjust so I haven't been able to stance it correctly yet. Had it apart 2 weekends in a row and no luck yet. Need to move the upper ball joint in a little/camber more (mostly the fronts) and lower it more. Wheel's aren't in the greatest condition but I threw them on just for the summer (the few WEEKS we've had in the NW) and I'll refinish them differently over winter.

Last edited by mkiiisupra; 01-28-13 at 09:05 PM.
Old 08-01-11, 10:56 PM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

Looks proper! Great job on the wheel fitment
Old 08-02-11, 02:14 AM
vipman806
Pole Position

Enough to drop panties lol
Old 08-04-11, 12:07 PM
Bnastyy
Lead Lap

Lookn clean man
Old 08-07-11, 07:18 PM
zxman69
Driver School Candidate

looking good with the new wheels.
Old 11-17-11, 10:14 PM
mkiiisupra
Lexus Test Driver

New-to-me used Nardi wheel. Using temporarily while I send an OE Aristo wheel to american stitches to get redone. Just got promoted at work and a nice raise followed so I look forward to alot of changes over winter. Wheels get refinished in 3/4 weeks. Also have Aristo tails with the all white turn signals/chrome trime and 1 piece, all chrome grill with the thicker upper bar. trunk lip spoiler is here and Im waiting for my friend to paint it and shave the rear emblems. Also ordering another identical aristo grill and having it painted black. wheel refinish, exhaust, and indash are the next priorities. Original motor is at 224,500 miles right now and Im thinking maybe its time to finally go GTE. debating whether to tackle a paint job before motor swap or vice versa

I've been real busy for a while and havent made it on here much, but I've had these sitting in the garage for over a year now and never posted for sale. PM me if interested. Tein CS version 2

Last edited by mkiiisupra; 11-17-11 at 10:37 PM.

Quick Reply: recent pictures