GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

Wow, Thanks for the Visor Install Help!

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-08, 01:43 PM
kiteme2
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Wow, Thanks for the Visor Install Help!

With such a great out pour of help from the GS community regarding how to install my window visors, I would like to thank each and everyone of you who have such lovely pics of them installed on your cars @ this site!
Old 07-17-08, 04:05 PM
jmax.garage
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

er.... is there such a write up? Think i've never seen it....
Old 07-17-08, 04:08 PM
SmokeyES35
Pole Position

I think he's being sarcastic
Old 07-17-08, 04:23 PM
YupImJOee
Lexus Test Driver

haha. visors are one of the easiest things to install...its just double sided tape.
Old 07-17-08, 04:48 PM
jmax.garage
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just what i tought lol
hopefully he is being sarcastic in a good way.... lol
I should do a write up on replacing the rear license plate
Old 07-17-08, 11:57 PM
yusef
Lexus Champion

lol i think he means those little clips that come with the visors. those are a little confusing, and with the instructions being in japanese it doesnt help. unless you speak it of course.
Old 07-18-08, 12:17 AM
YupImJOee
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by yusef
lol i think he means those little clips that come with the visors. those are a little confusing, and with the instructions being in japanese it doesnt help. unless you speak it of course.
even those are pretty straight forward. see where it fits, if it doesnt its in the wrong place.
Old 07-18-08, 02:11 AM
LouieV
Rookie

maybe they go in the trim?
Old 07-18-08, 08:51 AM
Ken'sGS300
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kiteme2
With such a great out pour of help from the GS community regarding how to install my window visors, I would like to thank each and everyone of you who have such lovely pics of them installed on your cars @ this site!
Seriously, this should be an example of what NOT to do to get future help. Because we know you'll need it, and so do you. None of us here are rocket scientists, but we have learned that patience works wonders. And we each have an area that we are exceptional in. We are all here because we enjoy doing things ourselves, without resorting to "professionals" or "dealers".

For some things, all you need are some patience and willingness to experiment. Window visors are one such example.
Old 07-18-08, 09:22 AM
Checkk
Driver

LoL its pretty sad when someone has to post on a forum how to install Rain Visors.......
Old 07-18-08, 11:27 AM
timywong
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

lol i can scan the instructions later. hope you can read Japanese. lol might as well just figure them out instead of blaming CL for not helping you....
Old 07-18-08, 02:00 PM
YupImJOee
Lexus Test Driver

wiper blades are harder to install than visors!
Old 07-18-08, 03:53 PM
kiteme2
Driver School Candidate

Thanks yusef for wanting something done right...and that much talk but not saying anything is expected from a woman.
Old 07-18-08, 04:15 PM
Lexatlast
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks yusef for wanting something done right...and that much talk but not saying anything is expected from a woman.
well there is your sexist statement of the evening.

Yusef was simply trying to help moderate and make you look like less of an *** for throwing up a thread essentially stating how unhelpful we are. You've now gone out of your way to make yourself look even more ignorant and caustic for no real apparent reason.

Sure you might not have gotten the help you needed on something. The forum isn't the magic cure for everything, you get what info you can and if no one has it, the best thing is figure it out AND THEN POST IT so others can learn. What you've done is paramount to useless and all you are doing by propogating it is getting tons of people you've never met, that use this site daily to find the answers they need, really pissed off at you.
Old 07-18-08, 05:49 PM
yusef
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Lexatlast
well there is your sexist statement of the evening.

Yusef was simply trying to help moderate and make you look like less of an *** for throwing up a thread essentially stating how unhelpful we are. You've now gone out of your way to make yourself look even more ignorant and caustic for no real apparent reason.

Sure you might not have gotten the help you needed on something. The forum isn't the magic cure for everything, you get what info you can and if no one has it, the best thing is figure it out AND THEN POST IT so others can learn. What you've done is paramount to useless and all you are doing by propogating it is getting tons of people you've never met, that use this site daily to find the answers they need, really pissed off at you.
thanks Rob

and woah kiteme2, like lexatlast said i was actually trying to help you out there. and if you really wanted to find out how to do it, and this source wasnt working, then you shouldve tried google, try another lexus forum, try and go ask your lexus or toyota dealer. clublexus is NOT the one and only source of information out there. i know its easier to just sit at the computer and wait for your answer, but if you wanted it so bad, how about you go and do the work yourself and look for it.

no hard feelings though man...its all good. no hate